Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Loose Fuel Injector Clips

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose Fuel Injector Clips

1995 Civic EX with B20/LS combination

The fuel injector harness can be removed without pushing in clips. They don't fall off while the engine is running and with a stethoscope I can here them firing. Engine has a lean condition that doesn't throw a CEL code but fuel trims and o2 readings point to lean fuel. All four injectors read 12.5 ohms..also I drop tested them by removing fuel injector harness one at a time and rpms drop on each cylinder. Just wondering if possible poor contact from loose clips might be an issue?
Old 08-15-2017, 02:34 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Re: Loose Fuel Injector Clips

The plastic tabs are worn out. Grab some from the junkyard and splice them in. Any injector harness plug from an OBD1 Civic/Integra will work, assuming your setup is OBD1.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NVturbo
The plastic tabs are worn out. Grab some from the junkyard and splice them in. Any injector harness plug from an OBD1 Civic/Integra will work, assuming your setup is OBD1.
Yes obd1. Thanks.
The prior owner wired in an extended IAT harness that looks to be spliced into the fuel rail harness.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:17 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

over time, the plastic will deteriorate due to age and heat. I'm sure you can find replacement plugs easily. As for soldering them in, it's simple since there are only 2 wires....one with black stripe and the other solid color.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

over time, the plastic will deteriorate due to age and heat. I'm sure you can find replacement plugs easily. As for soldering them in, it's simple since there are only 2 wires....one with black stripe and the other solid color.
I pulled a FPR off a junkyard "94 civic a couple days ago and out of curiosity I pulled on it's injector harness..they are on tight. I need to return the FPR this Friday so I will pull the injector harness. Would you say that in your experience if an injectors harness is loose it still works properly?
Old 08-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I pulled a FPR off a junkyard "94 civic a couple days ago and out of curiosity I pulled on it's injector harness..they are on tight. I need to return the FPR this Friday so I will pull the injector harness.
Would you say that in your experience if an injectors harness is loose it still works properly? Currently struggeling with a lean condition and trying to rule out possibilities.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:37 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

If the injector harness comes loose and the wires aren't making connection, you will lose a cylinder due to lack of fuel in the combustion chamber (aka top of the piston). It's one thing if the car is stock but imagine if it was a turbocharged setup. Detonation SUCKS ***.