Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

It looks like I might have got the last 2 front moonroof drain valves around

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It looks like I might have got the last 2 front moonroof drain valves around

Wow. I wanted to replace these because the two in the trunk of my EM1 started leaking badly about 2 years ago and replacing them stopped that leaking - and I don't want the front ones to start leaking water into my car, so I bought them as preventative maintenance.

I called a Honda dealership in Canada to order the parts and they said there was only 1 left in all of Canada and that the part is discontinued so after it's gone there's no more. I looked up other online sites and all the parts websites I checked say the part is discontinued and no longer available for ordering.

I found one more of them on eBay, and bought that one.

I imagine the part might be interchangeable with some other drain valve from another Civic, and maybe also the rear moonroof drain valve for 96 - 00 Civics. Though, the front moonroof drain valve is a bit different than the rear one. The front has a circular and fully-open exit hole, while the rear one has a clamped nipple. But, the overall part looks like it's basically the same size.

Also, maybe the rubber seal can be refurbished some how so that it doesn't leak water in. Otherwise, I guess I might have used silicone sealant around the valve's seal.

I wonder if the front drain valves aren't as likely to need replacing as the rear ones. I don't know if water even runs on the outside of the panel they stick out of.

It feels a bit alarming that parts for these Civics are being discontinued. I love my car and want to have it running for another 10 years. With all the things that I've replaced on it recently, I hope that's possible.

What are some other parts that are discontinued and should maybe be bought now, before they're all gone?