Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Looking to turbo

Old 02-09-2004, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to turbo

I'm looking to turbo my 98 Civic, just wondering which are the top ones out there.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking to turbo (kraka37)

This would be better fielded by the FI forum, but since I'm a boosted D guy myself I'll help you out.

I have the Greddy Td04h-15g kit. This is the SOHC VTEC kit for the 92-95s (but mine is on a 97 y7). This is a barebones kit. No IC, no BOV and no new injectors with it. It's also one of the cheapest kits out.

Edlebrock makes a complete kit including new injectors, new intake manifold, and intercooler. This is a good kit, but it quite pricey.

Apex'i makes a kit as well. If I had to do it all over agian this is the one I would get due to the ball bearing turbo.

You can also peice together a kit from materials from other cars.

I would suggest a pre-fab kit as this is your first time with turbo setups it sounds like.
Best of luck and happy boosting.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking to turbo (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This would be better fielded by the FI forum, but since I'm a boosted D guy myself I'll help you out.

I have the Greddy Td04h-15g kit. This is the SOHC VTEC kit for the 92-95s (but mine is on a 97 y7). This is a barebones kit. No IC, no BOV and no new injectors with it. It's also one of the cheapest kits out.

Edlebrock makes a complete kit including new injectors, new intake manifold, and intercooler. This is a good kit, but it quite pricey.

Apex'i makes a kit as well. If I had to do it all over agian this is the one I would get due to the ball bearing turbo.

You can also peice together a kit from materials from other cars.

I would suggest a pre-fab kit as this is your first time with turbo setups it sounds like.
Best of luck and happy boosting.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Apex'i actually discontinued their kit. You can find used ones still. I'd go with a greddy kit. I'd recommend getting a BOV and intercooler. You can find a Greddy kit new for about 1400 shipped. And then the intercooler and bov if you find the right deals can be had for a final total of around 2 grand.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking to turbo (Happyman)

Damn, did'nt know Apexi was no longer making those kits!! I picked up the Type 24 fmic and TiAL bov with my Greddy kit and I love it. The Type 24 is mega-overkill (did'nt realize quite how large it was when I bought it).
Old 02-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking to turbo (kraka37)

well there are many kits to choose from...if you wanna build you motor go witht the fmax kit if you can find one...i loved mine

if there is no rebuild in the future go with the new edelbrock kit..it comes with everything from injectors to intake mani to ic...its a little more pricey but its worth it...plus its street legal