Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Looking for suggestions: 99 ek sedan refresh

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for suggestions: 99 ek sedan refresh

Aight folks, some of you know me from k series land, others don't (it's been a LONG time.) I generally roll around in a 12psi s/c alcohol injected RSX—been daily driving for... oh... 10 years? Damn. In any case, I just bought 01 odyssey and dropped in a reman tranny for the family, so the wife's old 99 civic sedan has been freed up. Here's the deal: Work rush hour commute has been getting pretty old in a manual, and I've been driving the civic in stop and go when I know there's construction and been absolutely loving it—not to mention longing for the days of my 99. There's very little love putting down 300whp in stop and go traffic, unless you count one plump shin from clutch exercise, so I plan on driving this thing a lot more.

Here's the ask: I need help determining what to do to keep this thing respectable, on the D/L, and just plain clean and nice. Tentatively my plan is the do the following:

Fresh paint
99 si wheels
mild drop (like, springs only)

There's no big fart can on this thing. There's not even a frigg'n intake on it. It's going to stay power train stock unless I throw a K series in there, and that would be a project for another day, and it would be a CRV automatic swap because the goal of this car is to be my automatic slush box. Period.

Here's what I'm in the air on: Side skirts and front/rear lips. I know there has to be a "si style" mild lip and skirt option for this thing, and since I'm going to be fixing all the dings, putting down paint, and polishing like mad—now's the time.

What are my options on lips/skirts?
Also, I would appreciate other suggestions, especially alternative wheel choices. I'm not going 5 lug, and don't care about my rear drums in the least.
I roll on some rota track-r gun metal with polished lips on the RSX, and I would be really hard pressed to not do the same on this car, but that feels well on the "too far" side for this car. It's slow. It is what it is—no need to jump the shark.

Have at it.

Wayne