Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Looking for some Input please

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some Input please

Hello to all

Well i have spent the last 2 days reading and searching for any question i have had, some have been answered and some remain a question. My status is i have a 93 CX. I have been looking for a good and decently easy swap to start with to get my feet wet but yet not waste my time and money with a pointless swap.

I would like to swap and then run a basic turo setup to my specs that i will try to put together myself. Then slightly down the road I want to build a good soild motor to run a good boost level-with a good managment (Not sure on that yet). Although im very nervious about buying the inital "Motor Swap" i think that a B16A2 would be a good basis to start with and is fairly enexpensive from the other B series. A Good goal i would like to reach would be a mark on the 500ish WHP in the future, i dont in any means expect to swap and turbo and make that. But for you who have experince is my choice in motor good enough to support my goal with a proper build and tune?

PS if anyone wouldnt mind getting asked some n00bish question please contact me on AIM:Bighorn985

Old 09-06-2004, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for some Input please (Pr0-21)

humm....good luck on gettin 500 out of it. you need some major psi and some spray. lol You ask for some imput...since your a n00b and don't seem to know everything yet, stick with the same engine series you have. to me its a lot less of a pain to stick with the same series than trying to throw an obd2 motor into an obd1 or obd0 you know? if you stuck with the same series (D) then you probably would want whatever block with either a z6 or a y8 head. different people like one, and some like the other. i like y8 because its newer and less miles usually. z6 has better air flow i believe. do a mini me swap, throw an ex or si tranny and have fun. boost that because its a lot cheaper to replace a D series than a B. save the B series swap for your 'built motor' project way down the road, and keep searching
btw, you probably should be a b 18, not a b16, and on the D series...you will not be able to get more than 220whp on stock internals. There are some fast little d series running around