Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

looking for an affordable civic to turn into a tuner.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for an affordable civic to turn into a tuner.

im seventeen and looking for an affordable civic to turn into a tuner. i've already looked at a 95 Civic DX 5-speed with out power steering for $3200, would this be a good sarting point? is the DX a model that would be good for starters? all input welcome.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: looking for an affordable civic to turn into a tuner. (carbon fiber)

a.... tuner?

Old 06-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: looking for an affordable civic to turn into a tuner. (SkyeC)

What do you wanna do with it? Drag race, show, autocross?
Old 06-01-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Re: looking for an affordable civic to turn into a tuner. (BauleyCivic)

i plan on it being a street racer or a show car.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:36 PM

Default Re: looking for an affordable civic to turn into a tuner. (carbon fiber)

street racer? Start with something cheap so when its impounded you dont take to much of a lose. Plus you can used that saved money for a lawyer or to help pay the family of the person you might kill. Save it for the track.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:06 PM

Default Re: looking for an affordable civic to turn into a tuner. (goodfella732)

well just because I want my car to go fast as hell doesn’t mean that you have to shoot me down, and it wont be getting impounded because I wont be doing stupid **** like other people, and don’t be jealous just because one day you’ll be pumping gas into my nice *** car.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:18 PM

"and don’t be jealous just because one day you’ll be pumping gas into my nice *** car."

great way to get help here.... oh, and street racing
Old 06-02-2004, 12:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carbon fiber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well just because I want my car to go fast as hell doesn’t mean that you have to shoot me down, and it wont be getting impounded because I wont be doing stupid **** like other people, and don’t be jealous just because one day you’ll be pumping gas into my nice *** car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That was probably the dumbest thing you could have said if you are looking for help/advice on this board. It doesn't look like you have even been "shot down" yet.

People get harsh on these boards sometimes. Scope the forums. Read the rules. Use the search button. Figure out which direction you want to go.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go buy a Festiva... we don't want an idiot like you in a Civic
Old 06-02-2004, 12:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carbon fiber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well just because I want my car to go fast as hell doesn’t mean that you have to shoot me down, and it wont be getting impounded because I wont be doing stupid **** like other people, and don’t be jealous just because one day you’ll be pumping gas into my nice *** car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, heres what u do:
get a civic
spray paint it white, and then paint the hood black (for that CF look y00)
go to Autozone, and buy EVERYTHING from the APC isle (except for the edelbrock barrel carbs....theyre on the APC isle at my local autozone for some reason)
get a HUGE window banner that says "p0weR3d bY jDm"

now that uve got ur fat new whip, take it out for a spin, but be SURE that u always rev it to 5K and then dump the clutch

have fun being an *** clown
Old 06-02-2004, 12:35 PM

Default Re: (bbarbulo)

17 + tuner + street racer = Newbie

Look... definately USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!

Next, "show car" and "fast as hell" usually don't go hand in hand. It is really expensive to make your car "fast and furious", sorry "fast as hell". It will also be really expensive to make your car a show car. Most people take years to accomplish one of these things. If you are serious about your car, you will learn to do your research. Buy books, mags, and use H-T search to learn as much as possible.

But at some point you will most likely have a decision to make, either fast or bling. The choice is yours young skywalker.....
Old 06-02-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Re: (SpyderZEX)

Go to CLUBSI.com you might fit in better over there. They have a better reputation for taking in assclowns.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:50 PM

What am I going to be jealous of? You don't even have a car. I do. By street racing you are doing the stupid **** other people are. As far as pumping gas into your "nice *** car", that would be only if Honda fired me and the only other job in the world was pumping gas. Nice trying at being funny or witty or whatever you were trying to do.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fw190bvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok, heres what u do:
get a civic
spray paint it white, and then paint the hood black (for that CF look y00)
go to Autozone, and buy EVERYTHING from the APC isle (except for the edelbrock barrel carbs....theyre on the APC isle at my local autozone for some reason)
get a HUGE window banner that says "p0weR3d bY jDm"

now that uve got ur fat new whip, take it out for a spin, but be SURE that u always rev it to 5K and then dump the clutch

have fun being an *** clown </TD></TR></TABLE>

BRILLIANT!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, i don't agree with the street racing but a 95 Civic seems like a nice starting point.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carbon fiber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i plan on it being a street racer or a show car.</TD></TR></TABLE>