Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

lookin to get another car....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lookin to get another car....

right now i drive a 00 civic si and i want to build it and fix it up to be a nice clean ride with a pretty well built motor...but my problem is not i dont have the money or cant get the money but i need something else to drive while i park the si...so i was wondering if n e one knew a good place to get another honda for around 5k....or if i could just get another si body without a motor i would continue to drive mine and build that one either way i wanna build a 99 or 00 si and start on it within the next 6 months or so....if n e one can help let me know
Old 04-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd say check your local newspaper or used car dealerships. or if you have "News on Wheels" magazines in your area...i think thats what their called..lol
Old 04-18-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Re: (bsixteen)

thanks i have been lookin in the papers and stuff but sometimes...ppl dont put there car in them so that is why i turned to here...thanks for the tip tho and i dont know if we have News on Wheels or not
Old 04-18-2006, 02:29 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: (McCurry)

Here's a thought, why don't you just keep the car, buy a motor and build that motor then drop it in your car when it is done?
Old 04-18-2006, 05:54 AM

Default Re: lookin to get another car.... (McCurry)

try autotrader...you can really narrow down what it is youre looking for and usaually see what the car has to offer. beats looking through countless local autoshoppers and classifieds
Old 04-18-2006, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^^^^^^

That's where I found my steal of a deal on a 1994 Si!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Trial User

Default Re: lookin to get another car.... (McCurry)

I happen to have an electron blue Si..... I have a built b16a jdm motor with gsr tranny and full race turbo kit ( hasnt even been installed yet), and i am looking to get rid of my car motor and turbo set-up........ If you have a stock Si swap with a reasonable amount of miles i would be interested in trading my turbo built motor and turbo stuff as well!!!! let me know if your interested.... you can also email at got_h22@yahoo.com this is my buddies account so i cant always get on here!
Later,
Josh
Old 04-18-2006, 11:40 PM

Default Re: (sicky)

sicky.....ur thought is not what i am goin for, cause once this car is built i aint driving the thing everywhere....so why not buy another car now then build the civic at whatever rate i can and once its done i can drive it when i wont and not when i dont want too...SSBPGSR....i dont like built motors i like to build them myself, but i will still think about it...thanks for all the help and posts
Old 04-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (McCurry)

Going to be hard to find a si that isnt trash or has a salvage title for 5k.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:10 AM

Default Re: (B16aDasher)

yes i know all i have right now is 5k but i continue to save...but i figured if i could just find a si with a blown motor it could possibly be alot cheaper
Old 04-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'ma bit confused you say you don't have the money, and you can't get the money..

So why are you so interested in performance upgrades (building hte motor) rather than just getting the motor to be reliable??

ur like ur outta money, but lemme soup this 00 si up, just get the si so it's running reliability, remember the three things reliability, expense, and power, right now you should be concerned with reliability and expense..power should come last...

Of course everybody's going to jump all over me for this so whatever, and be like go buy JDM headlamps, that's step #1..., most important piece right there for horsepower
Old 04-19-2006, 08:52 AM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'ma bit confused you say you don't have the money, and you can't get the money..</TD></TR></TABLE>
but my problem is <U>not</U> i dont have the money or cant get the money but i need something else to drive while i park the si...

i have money and have no problem gettin the money maybe u didnt understand how that was said but i meant i have no problem with the money or gettin the money...sorry to confuse ya

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">remember the three things reliability, expense, and power, right now you should be concerned with reliability and expense..power should come last...

Of course everybody's going to jump all over me for this so whatever, and be like go buy JDM headlamps, that's step #1..., most important piece right there for horsepower</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know the three things about building a car...trust me i have looked into the costs for over a year now and i'm gettin serious about parkin it and building it but i need a car to drive while i do that, cause not only does my car need a motor built but i do need to have body work done...living in lexington you get alot of dents and scratches you dont want...hints me saying a "clean ride" i want it to look good not bodykits and **** just a nice new paint job w/all blemishes fixed...this is goin to be expensive and time consuming and that is why i need another car, cause i have to get to school and work...and no JDM headlamps and all that **** will come after the motor is built to my liking and even then all i may do is JDM headlamps, fog lights and type r rear lip my main concern is motor and power and reliablilty
Old 04-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, as long as you have SOME jdm products (ie. headlamps, lower lip) you've squeezed the most out of ur I/H/E
Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get urself a hatch for like 2k put the other cash in the si!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:17 AM

Default Re: (EkSi)

Yea i aint gonna go jdm crazy and get everything i can possible get switched to jdm....i think that is over the top, and i know ppl will hate on me for it but i am gonna put a nice clean set of black 17's on it....cause i aint into the 15 and stuff like that....and about the hatch i never said i just wanted another si, i'm just lookin for another honda period that will run good and last me...if i found a si tho with a blown motor and good body i would take it and just continue to drive my current si...but i am just lookin for a good car for around 5k that can get me to and from work/school