Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Look at these pics of my 93 HB passenger side tranny bracket

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Look at these pics of my 93 HB passenger side tranny bracket

Was this bracket changed because my new Hasport tranny mount for a B-series in an EG will not work and the original mount for the B18 tranny was "doctored" to work:

BTW, the car was originally an automatic just in case there is a difference in the chassis
Old 11-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Look at these pics of my 93 HB passenger side tranny bracket (7rrivera7)

the mont is diffrent on the auto trans car so therefore you will need to get a auto to manual conversion mount or cut off the bracket of the frames of the car and weld in a manual one
Old 11-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look at these pics of my 93 HB passenger side tranny bracket (gsrturbo-ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrturbo-ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the mont is diffrent on the auto trans car so therefore you will need to get a auto to manual conversion mount or cut off the bracket of the frames of the car and weld in a manual one</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's weird...when I did an auto to manual swap on my '93 ex, I didn't have to modify the chassis at all. Just used all the mounts that came with the manual setup and it bolted right in. Then, I reused all of those mounts on my manual B16A2 with no problems whatsoever.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had to get a auto-to-manual mount when i converted my 94 4dr. easy fix.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look at these pics of my 93 HB passenger side tranny bracket (Kyoh)

you dont have to madify the chassis but it a option.. you usually have to get a after market trany mount for auto to manual convorsion
Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look at these pics of my 93 HB passenger side tranny bracket (gsrturbo-ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrturbo-ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you dont have to madify the chassis but it a option.. you usually have to get a after market trany mount for auto to manual convorsion</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, but see, that's the thing. I just got this '93 EX coupe that was automatic. So I pulled the motor out, bought an LX coupe with manual tranny(wrecked). Used all the mounts and parts from the manual LX and just reused my Z6 head. It bolted right up without the need of modifying mounts, the chassis, or buying this aftermarket mount. All OEM, bolted right up.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyoh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok, but see, that's the thing. I just got this '93 EX coupe that was automatic. So I pulled the motor out, bought an LX coupe with manual tranny(wrecked). Used all the mounts and parts from the manual LX and just reused my Z6 head. It bolted right up without the need of modifying mounts, the chassis, or buying this aftermarket mount. All OEM, bolted right up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well then i dont know becouse everywere i read up or heard of it peaple had to get that certain mount
Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyoh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok, but see, that's the thing. I just got this '93 EX coupe that was automatic. So I pulled the motor out, bought an LX coupe with manual tranny(wrecked). Used all the mounts and parts from the manual LX and just reused my Z6 head. It bolted right up without the need of modifying mounts, the chassis, or buying this aftermarket mount. All OEM, bolted right up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It will bolt up, just at an angle. Take a step back and look at you motor. Bet money its sitting high on the tranny side.

On 96-2000 Civic's this isnt a problem being as the mount will unbolt form the chassis.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look at these pics of my 93 HB passenger side tranny bracket (b18cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It will bolt up, just at an angle. Take a step back and look at you motor. Bet money its sitting high on the tranny side.

On 96-2000 Civic's this isnt a problem being as the mount will unbolt form the chassis.</TD></TR></TABLE>

expletive yes it does. Wow, you really know your ****, dude. I solved that little one by just putting washers on the studs to push the motor down.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrturbo-ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well then i dont know becouse everywere i read up or heard of it peaple had to get that certain mount</TD></TR></TABLE>

And the only reason I was saying differently is because I had a first hand experience(not just info I read).
Old 11-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Kyoh, can you please post pics of your top trans mount? You are the first person that i have ever heard of that uses the stock mounts and the engine sits even. I would like to see this. We have done plenty of auto to manual swaps on 92-95 and 94-01 integras and all need the auto to manual mount.

OP. Hasport makes a mount for you, just give them a call.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Look at these pics of my 93 HB passenger side tranny bracket (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OP. Hasport makes a mount for you, just give them a call. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, it's on order
Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look at these pics of my 93 HB passenger side tranny bracket (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Kyoh, can you please post pics of your top trans mount? You are the first person that i have ever heard of that uses the stock mounts and the engine sits even. I would like to see this. We have done plenty of auto to manual swaps on 92-95 and 94-01 integras and all need the auto to manual mount.

OP. Hasport makes a mount for you, just give them a call. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh no, I admitted to it being a 'lil slanted. Heres a couple pics from the night I put that sucka in there.

Who's that goofy looking kid?^^^....oh yeah.....
Old 11-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^Check it, I'm rockin' the Honda-Tech lanyard.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ALL OEM SUCKAS!!!!
And to prove it's an auto chassis...

^^^see all the **** on the dash? Someone egged my gauge face.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

****, I think this thread died cause I whored my **** too much...lol
Old 11-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyoh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">****, I think this thread died cause I whored my **** too much...lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

That and you posted *** crack in the morning. Have you ever had any axle problems with the slant? Also any hood clearance problems?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dood, you look like you brew meth in your basement..
Old 11-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raiden571)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raiden571 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dood, you look like you brew meth in your basement..</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're probably just jealous cause you weigh 300lbs.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you ever had any axle problems with the slant? Also any hood clearance problems? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well for the 4 miles that I was able to drive it, it did fine. And I propped the hood so I wouldn't scratch anything up.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (raiden571)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raiden571 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dood, you look like you brew meth in your basement..</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a tweaker project. Look at that thing. Either he has built an autobot or used 27 cars to build that front end.

That motor will be slanted and crooked both.

Have fun with wearing out axles.....Play it safe and do it right. Stop tweakin and working on your car at 3 am.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (E.Honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E.Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's a tweaker project. Look at that thing. Either he has built an autobot or used 27 cars to build that front end.

That motor will be slanted and crooked both.

Have fun with wearing out axles.....Play it safe and do it right. Stop tweakin and working on your car at 3 am.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you know me, fool? I didn't think so. So SHUT THE expletive UP! Do you think I care if you think my bumper is fucked up? Or if you guys think I do meth? Cause you are only hurting yourself by being ignorant. Never had axle problems so I don't want to ******* hear it. I work on my car for myself, not to impress you ******s. What ever happened to the technical resource Honda-Tech? Cause now it's just a bunch of bashing flamers.

Modified by Kyoh at 12:26 AM 11/14/2007