Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

LOOK OUT and BE CAUTIOUS Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOK OUT and BE CAUTIOUS **BAY AREA**

Wsup fellow H-T members. My friends del sol was stolen on this past Saturday the 15th in the Bay Area on the Border of San Jose and Santa Clara where Old Navy is on Saratoga Ave. That same night she found out her neighbors del sol was stolen too. Few days later her car was found in Fresno. The tow truck guy told her that her's was the 4th del sol stolen that week.

They took her radiator, fuel injectors, fuel injector harness, battery, seats, and intake. They were stupid because they tried taking off her GSR rims with a vise grip because there are teeth marks on her lock, but they were not successful. The other lady got her B16 taken out of her car.

I dont think they are going to post these parts for sale, it seems like they needed parts for their own rides. if any of you have any info on this please post up or give those fools an *** beating.

THIEVES . If i get to them before you do they will not be in a good position.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:04 PM

Default Re: LOOK OUT and BE CAUTIOUS Bay Area (da935oul)

Damn, so much theft happening in the Bay Area lately.

Sorry about the losses.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:29 AM

Default Re: LOOK OUT and BE CAUTIOUS **BAY AREA** (da935oul)

Thanks man, i hope the insurance wont total her car, it was salvage to begin with but i dont know what they are going to do next.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah a few months back my del sol was stolen from the Branham/Camden area in San Jose.

The guys were spotted by police driving my car, but by the time the cop turned around to get them, they had bailed and the car was ditched on the side of the road still running.

Car was found in union city!
Old 05-22-2004, 10:58 AM

Default Re: LOOK OUT and BE CAUTIOUS **BAY AREA** (2.0L EK)

Damn why would they take the stupid ****.. I wolud look out for those parts being on some other del sol although it will not be noticible.. i think someone probably need those specific parts to finish up there project car... thats my opinion and at least you got the car back!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Re: LOOK OUT and BE CAUTIOUS **BAY AREA** (CivicVXHatch)

Old 05-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LOOK OUT and BE CAUTIOUS **BAY AREA** (boredracer408)

Oh yeah. The weird thing about when my car was recovered was, The ignition was not busted out and hanging down. The lock was punched but you could start it with any key as long as the car was left at the "ACC" location. if you turned the key all the way back it would lock the ignition.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:07 PM

there was no signs of forced entry on my friends car. The door lock was not busted, not any of the windows were busted. The ignition was not busted. Theres this guy that i worked on his car for and he had a del sol key and he said his honda key can unlock other hondas and said mine would too for the early model hondas. he showed me and i was shocked, the next day i went to go get an alarm hooked up at my friends shop (AUTO SOUND on the Corner of El Camino and Mary or Bernardo) Thats a trip and i am somewhat suspecting that guy, but i have no substantial evidence.

I think the thieves were just getting parts to finish their project as well. Probably some high school *****.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:06 PM

Didnt work on my car when we tried it out, he took so long I told him his *** would be caught by me already.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LOOK OUT and BE CAUTIOUS **BAY AREA** (2.0L EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by da935oul &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there was no signs of forced entry on my friends car. The door lock was not busted, not any of the windows were busted. The ignition was not busted. Theres this guy that i worked on his car for and he had a del sol key and he said his honda key can unlock other hondas and said mine would too for the early model hondas. he showed me and i was shocked, the next day i went to go get an alarm hooked up at my friends shop (AUTO SOUND on the Corner of El Camino and Mary or Bernardo) Thats a trip and i am somewhat suspecting that guy, but i have no substantial evidence.

I think the thieves were just getting parts to finish their project as well. Probably some high school *****. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I Hear something about taking the same key as the car you are going to steal and shaving the sides a little bit...you stick it in and jiggle it for a min and it turns....ive seen this work before...so maybe thats why there is no evedence of forced entry.
But i agree...i live in stockton/modesto area and theft of hondas is horrible out here...ive had 2 cars stolen in a year a 2000 FBP Civic Si and a 90 EBP integra LS...both found stripped to the shell. Its really sad what it comes down to these days people cant just buy/build there own crap.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:23 PM

After hearing someone close to me that their car was stolen especially the same kind of car i have, i been extra cautious and the car is parked outside of my bedroom in front of my window. seriously this is shady *** ****, always had been and always will be. wheres the pride in stealing something. the outcome (feeling) is worth alot more if you paid and done everything for yourself. Im just waiting til that day when i hear the news that a thief been shot in the process of stealing a vehicle, then other theives would think twice. KHARMA WILL CATCH UP TO THEM okay that might of sound insane but yeah, you guys catch the drift.

I keep my glock loaded and im ready to defend and take action if it comes down to it.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:25 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

yo honda locks suck, my EG key can open my friends EF CRX, there should be a recal, I'm serious too.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:34 PM

werd

The good thing is that they cant get to the 98 + accords or 97+ preludes i think, because the KEY is different its much bigger. but it still sucks because they can still get into the civics There should be a recall on civics and del sols.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:20 AM

That suxs!! My car was also stolen 2 months ago in san jose, (berryessa area) All they stole was spark plug wires, drum sticks, and my insurance papers wtf?? My wheel locks where in the glove compartment also thieves =