Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

be on the look out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default be on the look out...

Today this mourning, I was getting ready for school.I looked out my window( I do this every mourning to check if my car's still there) and I saw this green eg outside of my house parked on the street checking out my eg. So I came out to see what sup, once I got out he took off. So I was thinking to myself, maybe the guy just like to see other ppl's eg. So I left to school, once I got to my school there was no more parking left so I parked in the neighborhood across the street. Once I parked and locked it up, I saw this same eg in the corner of my eye. So I turned around and I looked at him. He looked and me, well he actually daw'd me. My friend was with me and he was like "That guy wants trouble" and I was like yea. After a good 2 minute stare down, my friend told me to go tell the office so I did. The office called 5-o and the 5-o came to my school to asked me the story, I told him everything I saw and what I know about the green eg. After that the cop told me "Im going to guard your car for a few hour, if anything happens im going to call the school to tell you." so i was like
"****, this cop is going to guard my car. aite!"

After 15mins the cop called me and told me they caught the guy. The cop told me he was waiting for his gf in front of my house and he parked next my car in this neighborhood because he was waiting for his gf again. I was like "so you let him go?" and the cop told me "Yes, because he didn't do anything wrong yet" but the cop also told me "he's in my computer so if anything happens, we'll know"

So yea, if you live in the OC area be on the look out for a green eg lowered but not slammed with some gay rims and front end damage. I think this guy is doing more then "Waiting for his GF" he is asian and he's bald around 20 years of age.

tell me what you think? total bs?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: be on the look out... (westsideaznboi)

alarm ftw
Old 04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I do have an alarm.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: be on the look out... (v!taminb16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v!taminb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alarm ftw </TD></TR></TABLE>

Alarm + Garage.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (westsideaznboi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by westsideaznboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do have an alarm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does your alarm have a flashing LED..

If so it will help deter thieves a little, not saying all.. but the common thieve wants an easy job and is not willing to go thru the haggle of messing with an alarm unless they're wanting to take the car. which in this case they might want to.

If i were you right now would be the proper time to take extra steps in security.. like wire in a fuel pump kill switch, or pull fuses , detachable steering wheel..

Try to make it hard as possible, but no matter what if they want the car they will get it.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:58 PM

Default Re: (westsideaznboi)

better then an alarm. get a nice pit and have it sleep in your car at night. doubt any body will mess with your car if they see that in your window
Old 04-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: be on the look out... (Neebs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Neebs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Alarm + Garage.</TD></TR></TABLE>
and a strap...you should try parking as close to the school as you can that's what i did or park near a camera
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Frickr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frickr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

better then an alarm. get a nice pit and have it sleep in your car at night. doubt any body will mess with your car if they see that in your window</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unless you like cleaning dog doo-doo every where then go for it.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

holy hell i would def watch out for this.

becareful and hurry up with extra pre cautions cause he is just going to wait for the right moment.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Lobster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Neebs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Unless you like cleaning dog doo-doo every where then go for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's why you get a higly trained gaurd dog
Old 04-28-2008, 10:25 PM

Default Re: (v!taminb16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v!taminb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that's why you get a higly trained gaurd dog </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly, dogs dont crap where they sleep.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Frickr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frickr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

exactly, dogs dont crap where they sleep. </TD></TR></TABLE>

very true but it wont be much good if it's sleeping a nocturnal gaurd dog that is highly trained to nake take dump's in your car would be perfect
Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats a pretty bad-*** cop you got there. Someone actually broke into and tried to steal my car, and I didn't even get as good of a response as you did. Maybe that cop is a honda guy...haha.

But on another note, it's not enough to just have an alarm. You need it done right. Not your sweet local car/audio place or your bestbuy kind of install. That won't do sh*t.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (v!taminb16)

damn dude be careful with your car. Ive had two cars stolen, but recovered. it doesnt feel the same after
Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LwdJdmR)

id definately keep a watch out for this guy. alarm + garage FTW. At work i always park in from of a camera. Just make sure to keep a god watch on your car.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:04 AM

expect the dude to come back. he may feel challenged by the whole thing and might try some more ****. damn that dude is persistent. might try a different approach.

he's got his sights on your car and he aint stoppin this i tell ya
Old 04-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (el_toro_de_magnifico)

ya I gotta pit and he don't poop in cars or the house....but $hit next time you see this kid kick his *** and tell him to stay the hell away from your stuff
Old 04-29-2008, 06:18 AM

Default Re: (ballinboosi)

Yea after the latest ht meet here in dfw there have been a few thefts so were in the process of putting up cameras around the house and we also have four pits and they are the perfect dog if you want a guard dog in the car at night. Yea def. keep watch.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That guy does want to steal your car. Obviously he made up the story about waitinfg for his girlfriend. Get a wheel boot & more security.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any Plate Info on the Green hatch? I am always watching out for people that might be following me. Ive had about 4 attempts on my car, and thanks to some good luck and then a great alarm install, I still have my ride.

If I suspect that someone has made the same turn by turn with me, for a mile or more, I'll make a couple random turns to see if they follow. Nobody has yet. But I suspect just about everyone. When you daily drive your modified honda, you need to be suspicious of everyone at all times.

Thieves will rarely drive another honda when they're scopping. It would be stupid to do so. Anyways, if I were you, I'd be pulling sensors and ecu's, fuses, and maybe your Dizzy too; at least for the next few weeks. Keep your windows and hood clean, and every morning, look for prints.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:21 PM

better then an alarm. get a nice pit and have it sleep in your car at night. doubt any body will mess with your car if they see that in your window</TD></TR></TABLE>
hahahaha that's classic!
but anyway, i guess having an alarm helps somewhat. do you have a quick release steering wheel? pulling fuses & what not might help too, but like someone had already said, if they really want your car, they will</u> get it. even if they gotta tow it . good luck though.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: be on the look out... (Neebs)

If someone wants your car bad enough and they have enough knowledge they can/will get it.But there are a lot of things you can do to prevent it.Best thing to do is get lojack.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the help everybody.
the dog- im working on it
the lo jack- i dont think its that much of problem to get one.
the kill switch- Im gonna get it
Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 PM

the kill switch for sure!!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_SAN)

the only kill switch you need, watch out for that man it dont sound good

Quick Reply: be on the look out...