Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (EK)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (EK)

my friend's mom tried to change the turn signal bulb on her 98 EK and sropped teh bulb in...im trying to coach her VIA a IM service but i dont know how to get it out either, i drive a EG....how does she get it out?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

she's probably going to have to take off the bumper if she hasn't already done so and definently take out the head light which is like 4 bolts if I remember
Old 01-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

Remove the front bumper, remove the headlight, and shake it around until the bulb comes out.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Re: lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

What they said Mine sucked so I edited it.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pickle puller.. ya know the thing ppl use to pull pickles out of a jar. It extends some wire to grab it and retracts back in.

If not try a magnet, one you can use to pull it out.

If that doesnt work, take the turn signal off.. just 4 bolts if i remember correctly.

Worst comes to Worst... bake the light and pull it apart. But i wouldnt want to go that far
Old 01-24-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Re: lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTcivicHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">she's probably going to have to take off the bumper if she hasn't already done so and definently take out the head light which is like 4 bolts if I remember</TD></TR></TABLE>

or the good ol stretchable magnet.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (dohcdelsol)

lol i just find it really funny...i dont think she has a set of sockets lol i'll tell her to go have it done
Old 01-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (dohcdelsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pickle puller.. ya know the thing ppl use to pull pickles out of a jar. It extends some wire to grab it and retracts back in.

If not try a magnet, one you can use to pull it out.

If that doesnt work, take the turn signal off.. just 4 bolts if i remember correctly.

Worst comes to Worst... bake the light and pull it apart. But i wouldnt want to go that far</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's an EK. You have to remove the bumper, and good luck getting it out with one of those puller things.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is it true that you cant reach the bulb hole from behind the headlight or do you have to go from under the car?? im pretty sure you can get it from the engine bay....like any other honda
Old 01-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OMG she went to get it done and they (Canadian Tire) said it would be too expencive to take the bulb out so they just put another in and left the original floating around in there!!! wtf!!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bake the headlight, pull it apart, take out the bulb, clean it up, put on silicone, put back together, reinstall.

That bulb is going to get jossled in there and smash, talk about bad.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bake the headlight, pull it apart, take out the bulb, clean it up, put on silicone, put back together, reinstall.

That bulb is going to get jossled in there and smash, talk about bad. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't be serious! You want her to pull the headlights apart after she takes them off of the car to get a bulb out? If it fell in she can pull it out. Some of you guys amaze me.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:01 PM

wow.... these replies.... take a popsicle stick or something like it... wrap some tape around that sucker... insert into hole.... stick to bulb... and extract bulb....
Old 01-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jax si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can't be serious! You want her to pull the headlights apart after she takes them off of the car to get a bulb out? If it fell in she can pull it out. Some of you guys amaze me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sleepy_Red_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMG she went to get it done and they (Canadian Tire) said it would be too expencive to take the bulb out so they just put another in and left the original floating around in there!!! wtf!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that there's another one in there, it's a little more complicated than just "pulling it out." She may be able to get it out, but if she dropped it in there in the first place what makes you think that she is nimble in any sort of way?

Without taking out the headlight, it's not exactly "easy" to get in there to take out a bulb, esp not when another one is in there. You'd have to take the headlight off to be able to move get in there with a decent chance of getting the bulb out. If you do that, you might as well as just do it the easy way and pull it apart. Seriously, it's not that hard...
Old 01-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sleepy_Red_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..they (Canadian Tire) said it would be too expencive to take the bulb out so they just put another in and left the original floating around in there!!! wtf!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Canadian Tire...........enough said.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:32 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Remove the front bumper, remove the headlight, and shake it around until the bulb comes out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Try this, or maybe one of those telescope magnets could be used once it's off the car.
B
Old 01-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Now that there's another one in there, it's a little more complicated than just "pulling it out." She may be able to get it out, but if she dropped it in there in the first place what makes you think that she is nimble in any sort of way?

Without taking out the headlight, it's not exactly "easy" to get in there to take out a bulb, esp not when another one is in there. You'd have to take the headlight off to be able to move get in there with a decent chance of getting the bulb out. If you do that, you might as well as just do it the easy way and pull it apart. Seriously, it's not that hard...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Remove the bulb thats in the socket right now. Pull the headlight off. Shake headlight until you can reach the bulb that's sitting inside the headlight and remove it. Put the headlight back in. Put the bulb back into the socket (without dropping the damn thing inside the headlight a second time).

To bake the headlight you're going to have to take it out anyway unless you have some plan to fit a whole Civic inside of an oven.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

she's driving around with a bulb chillin around in the headlight lol i'll drive up there and do it myself tomorrow.....thinking duct tape on popsicle stick...sounds the most appealing
Old 01-24-2006, 04:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

Oh man.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:20 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Civic4less)

Time for a HID retro
Old 01-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jax si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jax si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow.... these replies.... take a popsicle stick or something like it... wrap some tape around that sucker... insert into hole.... stick to bulb... and extract bulb.... </TD></TR></TABLE>This guy wins the internet award for McGuyver Ingenuity.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (imm0rt41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GetawayInMoscow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Time for a HID retro </TD></TR></TABLE>

as a turn signal?? talk about overkill
Old 01-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

I used a pair of tweezers with some duct tape wrapped inside-out around the ends so it would stick and pulled the bulb out.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Spinnbait)

go to the car wash and use their vacum ..it should suck it out..
Old 01-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (drevinder)

And you dont have to remove the bumper....turn the steering wheel to one extreme or the other depending on which side you're working on and it will give you plenty of room to stick your hand in under the wheel well cover and do the work.

Quick Reply: lol my friends mom dropped a bulb into her turn signal (EK)