Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Listen to my rant about exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOD DAMNIT **** ****!

NOTICE!!!!!

Anyone in the southern orange county area, DO NOT DRIVE! Im serious. All of my friends and i got pulled over day in a matter of minutes of leaving the local In n out. I am so angry. They are popping hoods and wriitng everyone up. So this is just a warning for all you guys with exhaust. I dont know what area's are doing this right now, but I can tell you that there are 984665184 times as many cops here. Soo ya, ******* gayyyyy!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (Kevedge)

dang that sucks. thats what i love about living in FL. good way to vent. i will also suggest punching a pillow
Old 10-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks...i've never been pulled over for my exhaust here in phx..
Old 10-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (LatinEM1)

So whats new?
Old 10-08-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So whats new? </TD></TR></TABLE>

the fact that we cant drive our cars till we go to the ref? there are no questions about it, your car is modified, you are getting pulled over and a ticket and going to the ref. Its the biggest bull **** ever. And worst of all, cops dont even know what they are looking at. my buddy got a ref ticket for not having the hose that goes from the intake to the valve cover. its soooo stupid. they are all cracking down on it because two idiot crashed because they thought they were race car drivers. Im so mad.!
Old 10-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (Luserkid)

its been happening in cali for years, it sucks but its part of life in cali
Old 10-08-2004, 07:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (Geeky_Gambit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kevedge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
my buddy got a ref ticket for not having the hose that goes from the intake to the valve cover. its soooo stupid. they are all cracking down on it because two idiot crashed because they thought they were race car drivers. Im so mad.! </TD></TR></TABLE>

You see, if your buddy hadn't put that little filter on the crankcase vent(or whatever it is) and instead put the tube from the intake pipe he wouldn't have gotten that ticket. In California, if you have a C.A.R.B. Stamp on your intake and the proper pluming(the tubes and whatever esle applys to that car) you WON'T get a ticket. Same with headers. And if you have a engine swap, and you have a B.A.R. sticker, you can tell the cop to **** off.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Geeky_Gambit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its been happening in cali for years, it sucks but its part of life in cali</TD></TR></TABLE>

I couldn't agree more. And I find that it is WELL worth the hassle.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I forgot what this has to do with civic-tech.

But anyways that ******* sucks Ohio is the shiznit
Old 10-08-2004, 07:57 PM

Default Re: (VtecAddict96)

He wasn't so much trying to post tech information, or get an answer. Instead he was warning others in that area to be careful.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecAddict96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I forgot what this has to do with civic-tech.

But anyways that ******* sucks Ohio is the shiznit</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have never heard of anyone thinking ohio is the shiz
Old 10-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kevedge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And worst of all, cops dont even know what they are looking at. my buddy got a ref ticket for not having the hose that goes from the intake to the valve cover. its soooo stupid. ( </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a 27156b violation, that's never been legal. You MUST have the hose between the intake and valve cover connected, even if the intake is carb exempt, and you decide to cap it off and use a beather filter on both ends, it must be connected.

Sucks to hear about you and your friends, the import harrassment seems to be getting much worse everywhere in California lately.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Geeky_Gambit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Geeky_Gambit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have never heard of anyone thinking ohio is the shiz </TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha i know it was kind of a joke this place sucks. But i'm over it i'll make the most fun out of it that I can.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:18 PM

I've had my exhaust on my car for as long as I've had it in bothe Norther Ca and down here, and I've never been messed with. Pulled over twice for small stuff (burnt taillight, and going a tad bit too fast ) and both times not only did I not get a ticket, but the cops didn't say **** about my mods...including slightly tinted front windows and no front plate (the obvious ones).

I firmly believe it's all in how you carry yourself and your attitude towards the cops. I have nothing but great things to say about the cops in Long Beach and CHP on Highway 1 up near San Simeon at 1 in the morning.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:34 PM

Ohio does suck, but I've never had my hood popped here in Columbus..
Old 10-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (Geeky_Gambit)

thats why i got a i stock muffler now
Old 10-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (sohcMONSTER)

yeah i have an OLD SCHOOL dc sport exhaust (from 1995). it is very quiet. in fact the loudest part of my exhaust is the new exhaust leak i got from bottoming out on this sheer-cliff-speedbump at safeway.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (CRX_1.8T)

I absolutely HATE Safeway. I worked for Pavilions (one of the many supermarkets owned by Safeway) and I CAN'T stand that company.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (DOHC4life)

Three or four months ago, when my stock muffler blew off from age, I found myself driving with a flex-pipe turndown, fabricated to keep exhaust fumes out of the car. It so happened that, one night, I was driving home at 1:30am and Johnny Law decided to follow me for five miles. Did he flash me? Nope. Did he pull me over for a gross sound violation? Nope. Did he even give a rat's ***? Probably not.

**** was louder than hell and obnoxious as anything I've ever heard (stock d16z6 with 250k on the clock), but no one gave a ****. Some people dislike Ohio for whatever reason. I think it's great .
Old 10-08-2004, 10:49 PM
New User

Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Some people dislike Ohio for whatever reason. I think it's great .</TD></TR></TABLE>

******* A!! sure we have Echeck now but they are trying to do away with that anyways,..and both my cars wouldnt pass echeck anyways so i just register one county over and im good to go
Old 10-08-2004, 10:50 PM

Default Re: GOD DAMNIT **** ****! (Archidictus)

We have NEVER!! had this problem before. We all have our lil japrods and have fun, and never do we get **** for it unless we are driving like ******** or being disrespectful. We are not some little punk *** kids that "carry ourselves badly" or any of that, we are all nice guys that just like to hang out. But just today, they put honestly four times as many cops out, and in the amount of two hours, easily 20 cars got pulled over, EASILY! this is just bullshit. Thank god my car was stock, but I feel bad for all my buddies that have to deal with all that REF ****. And the reason my buddy didnt have the little line is because we were just putting the car back togetehr real quick to take it down to in n out and hang out to have lunch, then go home, he hasnt driven the car in like two weeks, and the day he does, he gets pulled GRRRRR!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Electrician

That sucks. Here in Texas V8s drive with open headers all day long and the cops wave at them and give for how they sound.