Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

licence plate help

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default licence plate help

i had my ek stolen from me a while back some of you may remember my thread "over coming theft" well tonight i was driving around and found my si wheels that were taken off my car on some guys car at one of the local hang outs, with out a dout these are mine id put anything on it, the cop's are unwilling to help me out here, i took the guys plate down, i would like to find out were this guy live, i no alot of people miss use this informanion the wrong way, i am no theif i just want to break out some windows, does anyone have a link were i could find more about this?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: licence plate help

may just wanna accept your losses this time man.. breaking out some dude's windows and junk will just get you in unneeded trouble. for your new car invest in better security stuff, and maybe you won't have to go window bustin..
Old 03-14-2010, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not wanting to incourage messing with someone's ****...but if i found out some one had my wheel's on their car i would bust the **** out of their windows an get my wheels back.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

busting out the windows isnt gonna magically make the wheels fall off though. by the time you jack up the car to take them off and all that jive you'll get caught
Old 03-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was in the same situation. found my wheels and the cops wouldnt do **** even though the guy said he thought they were stolen when he bought them. ftp
Old 03-14-2010, 09:14 AM

A small investment and 3 friends can help you out here.

This is what I would do....get 3 friends and an SUV...something where all 4 ppl and 4 wheels can fit, and fit fast.

Invest in 4 of those small floor jacks, they are like 20 bucks each. You'd also need 4 tire irons. Find the car, each friend loosens the wheels, jacks up the car, remove the wheels and leave the car on the floor jacks.

If you have 3 fast friends Im sure this can be done easily in less than 2 minutes.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i went up to the guy i was gonna fight with him but i was by myself and all the sudden i had 8 guys around me i knew i was about to get jumped,

im gonna break some windows and poop some tires put straches in the wheels, if i cant have them i dont want him to have the nice either, ya i will go to jail for it i'm pissed i feel this is what i need to do

can anyone help me on my rampage to find out where this guy lives?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

isn't it possible that the thief that stole your car had sold the wheels to someone else? stolen parts fly around forums and enthusiasts like crazy.
i bet you'd feel pretty shitty messin up someones car because you THINK they stole your ****
Old 03-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol or one jack and 4 cement blocks. Much cheaper.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by papa-g

This is what I would do....get 3 friends and an SUV...something where all 4 ppl and 4 wheels can fit, and fit fast.

Invest in 4 of those small floor jacks, they are like 20 bucks each. You'd also need 4 tire irons. Find the car, each friend loosens the wheels, jacks up the car, remove the wheels and leave the car on the floor jacks.

If you have 3 fast friends Im sure this can be done easily in less than 2 minutes.
dont forget to wipe your prints off the jacks! or just uhaul the car away!

but best way would be to find out where he got the parts in the first place, if he says i found them or it came with the car, then you will know
Old 03-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by papa-g

spoken like someone who's done it before
Old 03-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by David12
isn't it possible that the thief that stole your car had sold the wheels to someone else? stolen parts fly around forums and enthusiasts like crazy.
i bet you'd feel pretty shitty messin up someones car because you THINK they stole your ****
no cuz if you buy stolen part your just as much a bitch as the guy who stole it in the frist place
Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and this town is not big enough for him to not no they were stolen.....
Old 03-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

***This write up is merely recreational! Im not instructing you to do anything. If you get caught, its your ***!!

Now, with that being said: You should've sat in your car and waited for him to leave, them followed him home. At any rate, he should return to the place you originaly saw him eventually, and when he does, then follow him home. If you see him driving around, FOLLOW HIM HOME. If you dont see him in the next week or so. You could go down to your local DMV, and make up a story saying that this guy hit your car, and ran. All you were able to get was his tag number, and you want to contact him to get his insurance information. They should give you his address, or at least his phone number. If all you can get is is phone number, go to the whitepages.com website and do a reverse phone number lookup, it will give you his name, with that you find him in the local phonebook, which WILL HAVE HIS ADDRESS LISTED. VOILA! its that easy.

Assuming you have his address, get acouple friends that you know you can trust, and if it came down to it, would lie to keep your *** outta trouble. Wait until about 4:30, thats about an hour before sunrise, come back and QUIETLY jack up his car, and put it on blocks, you'll need two per side, take the lugs off. If he has wheel locks (considering he bought HOT parts, I doubt hes gonna invest in wheel locks) you can gently hammer a socket on there, probably a 15-18 mill. socket would fit. then remove it with a ratchet. Then put the wheels in your vehichle (obvisouly something they can fit in) and leave!!!

Oh, and I wouldnt wory about fingerprints, the good thing about using cement blocks is that they are very porous, meaning they dont hold fingerprints. And cops dont usually dust for prints unless its a homecide anyways, i mean think about it, did they dust YOUR car for prints when your wheels were stolen? didnt think so.Good luck getting your wheels back bro. For all you know this could be the ****er that stole your wheels. Saying that he bought them, is a perfect alibi.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

set his f*ckin car on fire...

molotov cocktail?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You should be able to go to the DMV and pay for his address. I know here in Maryland we can do that. Just go there with the tag number, and pay for his address.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheRappist
You should be able to go to the DMV and pay for his address. I know here in Maryland we can do that. Just go there with the tag number, and pay for his address.
i'll try this out, if that dont work i'll try the hit in run trick to see if that works out
Old 03-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by k20rex
no cuz if you buy stolen part your just as much a bitch as the guy who stole it in the frist place
true, if you knew they where stolen, here in chicago you never really know unless they have receipts...
Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time get locking lug nuts
Old 03-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by phat00civic
Next time get locking lug nuts
i had to different lock on there, and to hole car was taken and stripped
Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

wow, your reall smart dude, what if you get caught? that guy and his friends will beat the **** out of you, remember car theives have friends and are rarely by them self.
if im not mistaken 509 is moses lake and its not that small, cops wont do anything over there, unless you have very strong proff that they are yours which i doubt you have theres noithing you can do what so ever.

most locks you can just stick a 17mm on and pop it right off.