Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Let's talk about aftermarket seats......

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk about aftermarket seats......

Well, I want to have a little discussion about aftermarket seats since I will be using my EG for track purposes I need a set of good seats that are lightweight (preferably), but overall I want a seat that will hold me in and not let me slide all over the place. I would like something that compares to the fourth generation prelude seats, but with a little bit better side and lower bolsters. Let me know what you have or have ridden in and your thoughts on the different ones. Hopefully this will be of some use to more people than just me.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Let's talk about aftermarket seats...... (93H22HB)

your best bet is to find somewhere to sit in a bunch of them, everyone is different

for instance, i had set in my mind for the longest time i wanted to buy a sparco ultra, i had talked to a few people and the all loved the seat, at a race i finally got to sit in one and i hated it it was too tight on the sides for me, so now i am looking in to getting a sparco evo2 that is a little wider, but i won't make that final desision untill i can sit in one

also some other questions to ask youself...Reclinable or fixed? if fixed you should be looking into getting at least a rollbar and harness. Virtually any aftermaket seat has larger side bolsters and will hold you in place better then the stock seats. Also if you are set on getting lightweight seats they will have to be fixed
Old 03-10-2003, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Let's talk about aftermarket seats...... (bikeboy80)

buy my sparco sprint seats.black.really light.or trades,they dont weigh anthing
email me at msy11d@yahoo.com
Old 03-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Let's talk about aftermarket seats......

I just want to comment on the crx gurlll licking a boob... THAT IS FRAWKING TIGHT YO!!! good luck on the search for seats... if you are only runnin on the track, I would stick with fixed, but if you are gonna be doing any driving on the road get some reclinables.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Let's talk about aftermarket seats...... (smiko0124)

Well I am thinking reclinables because I will be driving it to car shows and cruising on car club night, but other than those rare occasions it will be a track only car.

Let me know more about those sparcos man, what are you wanting to trade for or get out of them?