Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

LAWS FOR RHD CONVERTION?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAWS FOR RHD CONVERTION?

sup folks i just wanna know what are the laws in california for converting a RHD car? thnx
Old 01-06-2010, 11:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: LAWS FOR RHD CONVERTION?

there actully are no law's the onlw that yur bending your illigaly moveing the vin number. in cali vin numbers are not supposed to be touched by any person the the ones that put it on. sounds stupid i know all family is chp im lecterd all the time about it. what i do keep your old vin and re revit it and just try not to get pulled over lol
Old 01-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont know about the laws, but think about traveling on a road with 2 lanes of traffic, one going each direction, and think about trying to pass the grandma in front of you if you have no one in the car. Thats the only thing that sucks about RHD
Old 01-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone know how to spell?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought this was a forum and not a college essay....my bad.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In regards to "mrharmonic's" reply, sure, a couple a misspelled words are ok but really bad spelling, bad grammar and slang is just plain lazy. I mean really, who want's to read that mess, much less help someone who didn't take time to type a well thought reply or topic asking for others help?
Old 01-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

True. I type correctly. I just stand up for the people who aren't on here much *cough* OP
Old 01-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EFPhilly
I dont know about the laws, but think about traveling on a road with 2 lanes of traffic, one going each direction, and think about trying to pass the grandma in front of you if you have no one in the car. Thats the only thing that sucks about RHD
Yeah, not to mention toll roads, all drive thru windows, any parking garage that requires you to press a button to get a ticket, gated communities where you have to punch in a code to open the gate, and tons of other stuff I can't think of that require a passenger or a LHD car.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would not only look at legality, but insurance as well. i know my buddy tried to get insurance on a rhd civic and they would not cover it.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by woodpusher
sup folks i just wanna know what are the laws in california for converting a RHD car? thnx
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...t=rhdekhatchie

ok to my knowledge and i have owned a few right hand converted cars...you have to make sure the vin numbers are still intact dash/firewall, i have done and been doing the conversions for 5 years now and the one thing you obviously cant do is cut the car in half and try to weld on a clip...i paid the chp 100.00 to inspect and just look over car and they wanted to make sure it wasnt a true jdm car, they wanted to make sure car was not cut in half and that vins were still in place. i had just gotten car smogged so smog equipment wasnt a issue to really look deep into and i had the stock motor back in it so it didnt aid to the look over of the car.

what i do is completly remove firwall drilling all spot welds and only replacing the wall nothing else, as far as the vin in the firewall i cut out a rectangle around y vin on U.S. firewall and i traced it on the jdm firewall in exact place it should go and while i had the firewalls out i welded it in from the inside (hint...under the black cover where windshield motor is so you cant see it, i then covered the slight gaps around it with jb metal and repainted engine bay, i will post a picture so you see what i am talking bout....

heres my posting of my dc2 that i did with alot of pics im just about done finishing her up and will update pics from last ones posted check this link out and in there you will see what i mean as far as vin swapping on the firewall and further down the post for the dash vin, car is perfect and i drive it everyday with no issue from cops and im in cali.....

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...t=rhdekhatchie

Last edited by b20vtecturbe; 01-07-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: add