Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

kyb agx strut leaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kyb agx strut leaking

hrmm, i bought these struts a week ago, installed them last weekend, and already after around 200km, the rear right is leaking. what can i do about it?
i bought them off ebay, so it looks like im going to have to go through warranty.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: kyb agx strut leaking (neilff)

did you buy these brand new? how lowered is your car? did you puncture it in any kind of way?..i had some kyb gr2's and those are even a lower model then the agx and they havent leaked or anything since and its been passed over a year or so..i think you do need to go through the warranty before it voids
Old 05-30-2003, 08:21 AM

Default Re: kyb agx strut leaking (unstopabledj)

they are brand new
i bought them on ebay, they each came in individual packaging, with their individual instrutctions/screw kit, etc. i dont have the car lowered, and i havent
really beat on it since i got them. nothing i could see that would damage it.
i cleaned all the oil off them, just to make sure for sure that the strut is leaking
oil and that it isnt coming from somewhere else magicly... (which im doubting)

they seem to compress fine.. all that i can complain about is that my bushing on the lower control arm fork mount on that side is messed. but it always has been messed. maybe this could have caused the problem?

has anyone gone thru warranty before on these things? what is the process
i dont have any other struts (Except for fully blown ones that dont decompress) to use if i need to send these away.. not to mention i have $5 in my bank account.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:01 AM

I had a run in with KYB, and they told me that I had to take it back to the shop I bought it from, with the recept, in order to get a replacement under warranty. I spoke directly with one of their reps, who had the least amount of customer service that I have ever delt with. I have blown a total of 3 of their shitty stocks, and they have yet to warranty a single one of them. I will NEVER buy another product by KYB, and my next modification is getting rid of these shocks.

I wish you the best of luck with the warranty, but from my own experience, it's not going to happen.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:33 AM

Default Re: (Damon)

Damon is correct. I ran into one of the reps in the parts dept. at my work, and told him about my strut. When he started asking what type of car, I let him know I didn't think they'd cover it because my car could be considered "slammed" (which in the papers makes the warranty shaky). He told me not to worry about that really because the shocks were developed for use on lowered cars. (how many people drive stock hondas that aren't lowered and go out and change the damper levels with a screwdriver?) Find your receipt, or if the shop is pretty well organized (Dynamic Autosports) then they should still have your bill of sale and receipt on file or in their computer. Good Luck man, and don't be disheartened about the shock. Those shocks out perform their price tag, remember not every product is in destructable.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:23 AM

Default Re: (forever slow EG6)

yea, the guy on ebay just told me to send it back to him and he'll replace it.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:31 PM

Default Re: kyb agx strut leaking (neilff)

thats cool that the guy is gonna replace them for you..that would suck if you got stuck with the ones that are leaking
Old 08-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: kyb agx strut leaking (unstopabledj)

Who is it on ebay ?