Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside.

avoiding another car and went to a pot hole and it jus happen like this.
it didnt even last a yr. wasted tires.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (wizzards581)

well have fast were you going? i mean that could happen to any tire it all depends on the speed, and size of the pot hole. I always though that Kumaho Ecstas were pretty decent tires.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (sohcvtec1995)

get the road hazzard option next time u buy tires, its costs like 10 bucks more per tire but it saves you alot of money in the long run. especially in cases like this. you'd get a new tire and all u'd have to pay for was the road hazzard on the new tire. everything is pro rated so once you use more than a quarter of the tire its gonna cost more money, but still significantly cheeper than having to buy a new one.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (FWejCOUPE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FWejCOUPE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get the road hazzard option next time u buy tires, its costs like 10 bucks more per tire but it saves you alot of money in the long run. especially in cases like this. you'd get a new tire and all u'd have to pay for was the road hazzard on the new tire. everything is pro rated so once you use more than a quarter of the tire its gonna cost more money, but still significantly cheeper than having to buy a new one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly what this guy said. Save yo money
peace
Old 04-25-2004, 01:36 PM

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (slowhatch4now)

I liked mine...
But I had the same problem.
The "z"'s are sticky and wear quickly but thats to be expected from a performance tire. I also hit a hole, and had the same problem, but worse. Road hazard is a good option, to having to pay full price for another tire. Anytime you have a very low profile tire, you run the risk of damaging the sidewall from pot holes. I'd def. get that tire looked at to see if it is safe to run or whether it needs to be replaced.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (dimotorsports)

that tire definatly needs to be replaced, dont' drive on it, order a new tire, and put the spare on.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (wizzards581)

regardless of how old your tire is, its a baldy. It should be replaced anyhow.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:10 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (97civicdx)

which tire is that? they had a recall on one type of their tires..
Old 04-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

I can't remember but Kuhmo had a recall on tires. You may want to check it out!

http://www.kuhmo.com
Old 04-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (CBracing)

Kumho's are the best deal for the money. Couldn't beat the kumho price with a stick. I think you had bad luck with that pothole.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which tire is that? they had a recall on one type of their tires..</TD></TR></TABLE>
710's got recalled.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:19 PM

I suppose the pot hole had a sharp edge. It happen to mee too going about 60 KMH on a dark road, the crack happen on both sides of the tire, it was a 195/50R16 Continental, very expensive too, I only had it for about 10,000kms When I passed by the next day, the pot hole was deep and had sharp edge, damn!
Old 04-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't run with those tires neither, unless you want to run the risk of damaging your wheel or worse..... also (from the pic) it looks like the pothole took a little piece of your wheel on the second pic....I would take a look at that.... POT HOLES SUCKS!
Old 04-25-2004, 08:16 PM
too old for school

I had ecstas on my eclipse and never had a problem.... but damn, I would never let my tires get that bald either.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:41 PM
Trial User

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (ff_terror)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ff_terror &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had ecstas on my eclipse and never had a problem.... but damn, I would never let my tires get that bald either.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. Hoes are bald as ****.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:01 PM

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (FWejCOUPE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FWejCOUPE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get the road hazard option next time u buy tires, its costs like 10 bucks more per tire</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ha. wanna have some fun next time you buy a set of tires? When the "customer service" person asks if you want the road hazard warranty tell him yes...but only on one tire.

I did this to a guy at Sears and the look of confusion on his face was well worth it.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (RangerDan)

My Kuhmos work great.

I had to replace one though. I bubble'd a side wall in five spots during one sharp *** turn.....free replacement, only cost me $11 for the labor.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 AM

i had the escata 712's. loved them but i had a real problem with slipping in the rain.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:06 AM

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (andysdonuts)

kumho tires suck, theres a new tire out from bridgestone/firestone, its called fuzion zr6 or something, i heard its supposed to be a good tire, try that tire out!
Old 04-26-2004, 07:15 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (SIowner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIowner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kumho tires suck </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you be any more vague?

That's like saying food sucks.

Kumho offers a shitload of variants of tires.

Try telling all of the auto-X champions that run the Victoracers and V700s that Kumhos suck.

The tires we're looking at are H-rated Kumho 711s. They are an awesome tire if you want higher mileage sporty looking tires.

If anyone bases their opinions on any tire company by judging then solely on a picture of DRIVER ERROR, then he/she is an idiot.

Next time don't hit a curb, and also don't expect any tire to hold up to such conditions.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (Pnoymugen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pnoymugen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldn't run with those tires neither, unless you want to run the risk of damaging your wheel or worse..... also (from the pic) it looks like the pothole took a little piece of your wheel on the second pic....I would take a look at that.... POT HOLES SUCKS!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude what the **** are you saying?

You mean to tell me that you're blaming the TIRE for the damage to the wheel and tire in those pics?

Have any of you ever considered that the DRIVER SHOULD NOT HAVE HIT THE ******* POTHOLE?!?!?!

Old 04-26-2004, 07:38 AM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (SIowner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIowner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kumho tires suck, theres a new tire out from bridgestone/firestone, its called fuzion zr6 or something, i heard its supposed to be a good tire, try that tire out! </TD></TR></TABLE>

first off.. you're an idiot, no more talking from you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andysdonuts &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had the escata 712's. loved them but i had a real problem with slipping in the rain.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've had the 712's for over a year, and i've never had a problem with them slipping in the rain. matter of fact, i think they perform the best when it's wet.. any tire is going to give a little bit when you take a turn at 30 when it's wet.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Have any of you ever considered that the DRIVER SHOULD NOT HAVE HIT THE ******* POTHOLE?!?!?!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have YOU ever accidentally hit a pothole? I'm sure you have.

I live in Upstate NY and the roads here are terrible...No matter how careful you drive you are bound to his a pothole or some shitty bumps that are impossibly to avoid. Are you saying if you drove on shitty roads all day and your tires were bumming out like that it would be your OWN fault?

Old 04-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (FlatBrokeHatch)

I bought new tires drove on them the next night hit a pot hole and destroyed 2 of them. Not even 25 miles on the dam things.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:21 AM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside. (FlatBrokeHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FlatBrokeHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Have YOU ever accidentally hit a pothole? I'm sure you have.

I live in Upstate NY and the roads here are terrible...No matter how careful you drive you are bound to his a pothole or some shitty bumps that are impossibly to avoid. Are you saying if you drove on shitty roads all day and your tires were bumming out like that it would be your OWN fault?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You missed the point of Tom's post there. He's saying that the tire would not have exploded had you not hit the pothole. Meaning, it doesnt matter where you live or how many potholes there actually are. The only think that matters is that you HIT a POTHOLE and it caused your tire to rupture.. Had you not hit the pothole then you would have a fine tire and would not be complaining about kumhos.

It doesnt matter how many potholes there are. It's still driver error when you hit one.

Quick Reply: are kumho tires good? heres what happen to mine. pics inside.