Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Koni/Comptech settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni/Comptech settings

My 2000 Civic EX Coupe has a stock 22mm front sway bar and a (recently installed) Comptech rear tie-bar/sway-bar combo set on the least stiffest setting for now. My car also has Eibach Prokit springs and Koni yellow adjustable shocks.
I'm pretty sure I made some good picks when its comes to equipment, but I don't know a whole lot about suspension theory, so...

What do you guys recommend it terms of the Comptech/Koni settings?
Old 01-17-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Koni/Comptech settings (lowrightor)

This car is not raced on track or street. I push it sometimes but this is my daily driver.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have herd of people ripping off the sway bar mounts by putting their Comptech rear setup on hard. You might want to get a Beaks kit.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Koni/Comptech settings (greebler)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by greebler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have herd of people ripping off the sway bar mounts by putting their Comptech rear setup on hard. You might want to get a Beaks kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

who? where'd you hear that?? i'm calling bs. a beaks kit is not nearly as effective as the 10mm thick billet aluminum brace that comes with the comptech bar; i seriously doubt the bar could ever tear through that, and the beaks kit is nothing more than a big washer - i have seen that fail, namely from h-t member Jackson.

but i'll put my foot in my mouth when you show me who ripped their subframe with the comptech bar.

anyways, to the thread starter:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lowrightor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What do you guys recommend it terms of the Comptech/Koni settings?</TD></TR></TABLE>

that depends on a lot of variables; you didn't even list your spring rates, which are fundamental to tuning your suspension. you really just need to get to the track a few times and play around with all different settings and see what feels best. i'm running the bar in the middle posisition, and it's been working good enough for me so far - but my setup is completely different that yours.

Old 01-18-2004, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Koni/Comptech settings (jwn7)

Yeah, at first I was considering the Suspension techniques rear sway bar until I read all the stuff about ripping out the subframe with those. In fact, I posted a few times on here and the conclusion that the Comptech reinforces itself quite well and is worth it. SO, I bought it.

I didn't even list my spring rates because up until a few months ago, I didn't really know what spring rates are. I may have posted a few hundred times on Purehonda and then AF after that, but I don't know THAT much about the whole car modding scene. People are much more knowledgable (and aggresive by the way) on this board so I made the switch.

I have Eibach Prokits. I'll search for the spring rates.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd also like to know how ripped out their subframe with a Comptech kit. If you can rip that out, then honestly there is nothing that will save you. Especially not that over-glorified Beaks kit.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Koni/Comptech settings (SkyeC)

Nah dude. I've read pretty much all the posts on this subject before choosing the Comptech piece.