Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

knowing all that you know now..... what is the optimum realistic setup for a daily / weekend driven

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 06:03 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knowing all that you know now..... what is the optimum realistic setup for a daily / weekend driven

I've learned so much, if I were to make another civic I know i'd do some things different. Plenty of people get on and want to know what is better for whatever.

But if you've been in the game for a while, what would you do if you could build another civic, would it be stock with rotas? Stripped with shaved windows? What?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Chassis: EK Hatch probably white (type-R white)
Engine: JDM 96 H22A with an H2B and an ITR tranny, all rotating mass taken out, good header good exhaust.
Inside: Stock with basic stereo and XM.
Wheels: Some 15s probably, light.

What about you guys, if you could sell your car for every penny you have into it, what would you buy?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: knowing all that you know now..... what is the optimum realistic setup for a daily / weekend dri

stripped with shave windows... haha like yours

I would build a mild all motor setup, just so I can schools those gay ricers that fly by and rev at me.

Edit:

Mos def no rotas, maybe even some bling bling JDM, high end stuff since I wouldn't really be pushing it to hard.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: knowing all that you know now..... what is the optimum realistic setup for a daily / weekend dri

my civic is still stock, so do i get to participate in this?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:14 PM

as per my personality, I'd overbuild it to a ridiculous degree. and then declare bankruptcy and deal with the lack of comfort in daily driving
Old 11-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does this really belong in tech? Also, you made 2 threads
Old 11-08-2005, 06:45 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by littlegreenb18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as per my personality, I'd overbuild it to a ridiculous degree. and then declare bankruptcy and deal with the lack of comfort in daily driving </TD></TR></TABLE>

omg dont do that, i already did lol

-sry for making 2 threads, and yea im asking which civic you'd build, and GDD is too overrun with trollers these days to have a good thread anyway (unless it is about something other than hondas)

-and i guess you can still participate if you're stock, just say things from what you've experienced i guess, not just hopes and dreams.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:46 PM
* B A N N E D *

omg too many posts, im sorry i dont know how to refresh lol

umm i want to have a saturday night discussion if possible, and not have it invaded by GDD trollers and turn into a poop-slinging contest.

here is the tech i guess, i KNOW plenty of us have built cars, and i KNOW everyone who has put tons of time and money into their car has learned something. I can search all day about things people have done, but its a little harder to search for things people have learned.

I just want to know what others have learned from there experiences, and maybe someone would benefit from the things I have learned from my experiences.

-check the hate at the door please on this thread.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would have went with the ITR swap
Old 11-09-2005, 03:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGmikeH22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

omg dont do that, i already did lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im curious, what exactly did you do? go bankrupt or have a really uncomfortable car? see cause i want to build my engine but still have a good daily driver
Old 11-09-2005, 03:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGmikeH22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

omg dont do that, i already did lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im curious, what exactly did you do? go bankrupt or have a really uncomfortable car? see cause i want to build my engine but still have a good daily driver
Old 11-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im confused on this thread, what are we doing? Dream list or what we fucked up on list, or what were doing next list?

My next project is CRVTEC with a 600whp goal on a GSR head in my Coupe everything done by me.

What i fucked up on i would have to say jumping into turbo without enough info. But at the same time i enjoyed it and learned more then i could have reading a book.

Dream list: Being in a Magazine

Now if i totally missed the thread ill delete this post.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: With my POS D15B2, Whereever whenever, United States

any stock motor, b series, k series, or d series, depending on wiring is a reliable motor