Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Kill sitch questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:47 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kill sitch questions

hey guys, i read through the FAQ and what not and through cause for alarm but i was just wondering were are other kill switches i can place in my car and not in the engine bay. Thanks or link would be appreciated and ill also still be searching thanks
Old 07-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u can use the main relay
Old 07-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Kill sitch questions (ReactioN)

make up your own spots!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:01 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Kill sitch questions (v8 integra)

im not asking spots im asking like what? example Fuel pump wire and like other stuff
Old 07-25-2008, 08:17 PM
H-T White Ops

Splice some of the wires in your wiring harness to your ECU. Make sure you splice them up inside the wire loom though so it's not so obvious. Use a pinout diagram to figure out which ones to cut into.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (IslandSi)

i dont want to splice the ECu because i just take it out at night, i want some switchs for when i got and leave it out you know, i gunna do the fuel cut of and i dont know what else if people can let me know the things they spilced into that would be great>(NOT WERE YOU PUT EM) please and thanks
Old 07-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ReactioN)

something having to do with ignition:

starter? distributor?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:28 PM

Default Re: (SoullessJapaneseMachine)

Fuel pump is the main one but starter is another option.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:29 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (SoullessJapaneseMachine)

im scared to mess with that but i just want incar ones cause i dont want to open the hood all the time. but maybe i might do the starter one.

Also ive beebn reading that people do a clutch one. any onehave info on this?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:31 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by batallic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u can use the main relay</TD></TR></TABLE>

What wire would i splice to use a kill switch for the main relay?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iluvmy2000civicex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fuel pump is the main one but starter is another option.</TD></TR></TABLE> Ill be reading the starter one on Cause for alarm right now

Sorry or Double post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:34 PM

dude very easy splice the clutch relay switch,, is right above the clutch pedal,, splice one of the yellow cables of the relay stater switch and put your own switch on it.. but hid it very well.. i did that and now thieves are getting hard time to find the switch to start my car .. and better yet.. get a clutch pedal jack. it only cost $60 bucks and stick it on your clutch pedal, and let then enjoy trying to steal your ride ....hahahaha..stupid thieves..hahah

Old 07-25-2008, 08:42 PM

unless u wanna steal mine.. but try hahaha pm if you want to know how to do it!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:42 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (sorullo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude very easy splice the clutch relay switch,, is right above the clutch pedal,, splice one of the yellow cables of the relay stater switch and put your own switch on it.. but hid it very well.. i did that and now thieves are getting hard time to find the switch to start my car .. and better yet.. get a clutch pedal jack. it only cost $60 bucks and stick it on your clutch pedal, and let then enjoy trying to steal your ride ....hahahaha..stupid thieves..hahah

</TD></TR></TABLE> i enjoy your additude but im just 16 and searching my *** off to find a job;I just graduated HS, To get money fro my car and to install a alarm. and right now i can afford jack ****, and how much feet of wire can i add before i have to add a relay?

BTW i have a fake kill switch on my dash just to like scare em off i guess lol
Old 07-25-2008, 08:45 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Kill sitch questions (sorullo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unless u wanna steal mine.. but try hahaha pm if you want to know how to do it!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not a Thief Trying to confuse them lol
Old 07-25-2008, 08:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReactioN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i enjoy your additude but im just 16 and searching my *** off to find a job;I just graduated HS, To get money fro my car and to install a alarm. and right now i can afford jack ****, and how much feet of wire can i add before i have to add a relay?

BTW i have a fake kill switch on my dash just to like scare em off i guess lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude.. u wont spend more than $ 20 bucks on it..!! everything you need is two long cables and one 12 v switch,, just splice one of the two cablles on the stater relay, ( i mean the one above the clutch pedal ) just one of the two, and just add a switch on it but hide it very well on your own spot. just think like a thief ,, do not hide it where a thief can find it..
Old 07-25-2008, 08:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had one wired into my ignition switch in the car. It was great. The car wouldn't even crank WITH the key. It was hidden really well too. It (along with my fuel pump kill switch) stopped someone from stealing my entire car, all they got were the wheels and a my shift ****.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:55 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (sorullo)

Got ya but is is nesseary to put a fuse after 5 feet added to the cut point?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Kill sitch questions (SOHC4life 96)

For the ignition one do you have like a pic of what wire to cut? im about to go at it tomorrow lol Nothing but kill switches lol

Also IS it nessery to add a fuse after i add 5 feet to the cut point?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Kill sitch questions (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had one wired into my ignition switch in the car. It was great. The car wouldn't even crank WITH the key. It was hidden really well too. It (along with my fuel pump kill switch) stopped someone from stealing my entire car, all they got were the wheels and a my shift ****. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So I assume a killswitch would essentially just be a switch (who would've guessed ) that you could turn on/off that disables the starter, or whatever you wire it to, that you would turn on whenever you leave your car?

Why don't more people think of doing this with their Hondas? It seems that you'd be stupid otherwise.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Kill sitch questions (.mattyz_)

i know Right but Im trying to figuer out wat to splice cause i dont wanna sit and read the [freak]ing haynes to figure out what cables are inportant
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 PM

get the clutch one really recommend it!!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:11 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Kill sitch questions (sorullo)

Lol dude are you opnl like a pack of red bulls? lol j/k you sound super energetic and i am going to go with that one!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReactioN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know Right but Im trying to figuer out wat to splice cause i dont wanna sit and read the [freak]ing haynes to figure out what cables are inportant</TD></TR></TABLE>I'd go with the starter. That way, they're probably not going to try and take your car and you might even hear them breaking in if its at your house.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:34 PM

a relay is just a switch that is triggered by 12 volts or ground it just depend on how you wire it up . It doesn't matter how long your wires are just the amps that are going through it. what i would do is use the starter kill wires from the alarm and interupt the fuel pump wire. its the the thick yellow with green at the main relay. if you do it to the starter wire instead all the jacker has to do is push start your car.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReactioN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lol dude are you opnl like a pack of red bulls? lol j/k you sound super energetic and i am going to go with that one! </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i'm telling you i have years wih this thread and they tried to get on my ride but guess what..!! you know.. still have my Del Sol... come and get it suckers... not even if you try to push it will start the engine....
come and get on my TFT DVD stereo... just try to unbolt it and unweld it.. hahahhaaha F#$ck thieves..

Quick Reply: Kill sitch questions