Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

kick hard vtech why?

Old 10-24-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kick hard vtech why?

ok so the other day i was reading threw some stuff and came across an article and somebody was saying that there vtec dosnt seem to be kick in but it is...you just barley hear it and feel it....oh yea were talking about on a D16... ok so my boy has the same problem...well some person stated you cant feel vtec in a d and to up grade well i will have you know some vtec's hit hard i have nothing done to my car at all besides an intake and i swear you would think that when my vtec kicks in that i just hit a nitrous button it will literally put you in your seat....no joke
does anybody know why? p.s i aint complaining i loveeeee it vtec rocks
Old 10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (lukehowell88)

Wow. You must have mad tyte VTECH upgrades.

Seriously dude, if you have a built engine, it's possible, even understandable, but really? A nitrous button? Come on...

Oh, I've got a stock N/A JDM D15B VTEC, and no stereo. It's all I can do to just hear the VTEC engage.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:11 PM

just a few emoticons that describe how your post made me feel
Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (sol2hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol2hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just a few emoticons that describe how your post made me feel</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahahahahahaha!!

your VTECH is no different than any other d series engine.. honda didnt decide to make a few d series with a very powerful <U>VTEC</U> yours is the same as every other dseries out there... i used to have a d series with full cat headers and intake and could somewhat HEAR it.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (Jbur074)

what the expletive.....up_grade?

did you have your lil brother type this up for you?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM

i was the one with the vtech question and it was about vtech-E, why the hell did you make this post, your vtech is no more special then anyone else's, i got it you know what it might be, your mind thinking that your car is super duper fast
Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (Thateguhate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Thateguhate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what the expletive.....up_grade?

did you have your lil brother type this up for you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah im pretty sure it's spelled uppgrayyedd anyway. Merriam webster is a rad dude.

OP: what motor do you have? The D16Y8 vtec with an intake is very noticeable. The manifold is huge (relatively).

The D16Z6 manifold is small. So it's harder to hear VTEC. This is a very simple explanation.

The D series VTEC is only active on the intake cam. Anything that makes the motor louder on the intake side will make VTEC more noticeable. Anything that makes the exhaust side louder will drown out VTEC noise.

My friend had a y8. It blew up. So we put a D15B in it. With the Y8 manifold, VTEC was still loud. He just put another Y8 in it. Same deal.

My D16Z6 (back in my slummin' D series days) was not noticeable at all when it crossed over.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (B serious)

I'm never a dick but i can't believe that nobody points out the excessive use of the word VTECH and sometimes V-TECH lol. i used to get flamed.

and even d15b with vtec is strong at a good maintenance and upgrade level.

vtec rocks over non vtec and they are all good when popping vteck(haha the only one missing.)
Old 10-25-2007, 05:34 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (mustang5.slow)

Um yeah its definetly called VTEC Not VTECH and VTECH is a phone service or phone creator also i think? hemmm...
Old 10-25-2007, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i drive a d16z6. my engine gets loud as **** when vtec kicks in. you here it over my apexi n1 exhaust. idk y. maybe its bc i got headers but i can hear it deff
Old 10-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hahaha yall ******* are funny as hell. dude you aint seen or heard vtec till you have ridden in a k20r (k20a) w/ k-pro. holy **** it pops. actually a usdm b18c5 w/ stg 2 cams ******* roars.. then you will be thinking whats d series vtec?<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chadalac1712 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i drive a d16z6. my engine gets loud as **** when vtec kicks in. you here it over my apexi n1 exhaust. idk y. maybe its bc i got headers but i can hear it deff</TD></TR></TABLE>

you must have super miro enchanced microphone to hear that ****
Old 10-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (PinoyDelSol)

I'm a dick, so I was going to add that this guy's V-TECH might be louder because his ringer is turned up to "high" - hell his earpiece might be turned up too much too:

Seriously though B Serious hit the nail on the head. Aftermarket intakes make the biggest difference on a SOHC VTEC engine.

Lastly while we're on the subject of VTEC:

Has anyone ever seen those posts where people ask about putting a DOHC VTEC soledoid on a SOHC and it made the VTEC kick in harder? That ****'s hilarious. They are interchangable, and they have zero effect on VTEC kicking harder.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah with a shot of +1HP
Old 10-25-2007, 06:48 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the biggest difference on a SOHC VTEC engine.

Has anyone ever seen those posts where people ask about putting a DOHC VTEC soledoid on a SOHC and it made the VTEC kick in harder? That ****'s hilarious. They are interchangable, and they have zero effect on VTEC kicking harder.</TD></TR></TABLE>
never have i encountered this but it's funny already.lol
Old 10-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Seriously though B Serious hit the nail on the head. Aftermarket intakes make the biggest difference on a SOHC VTEC engine.

Has anyone ever seen those posts where people ask about putting a DOHC VTEC soledoid on a SOHC and it made the VTEC kick in harder? That ****'s hilarious. They are interchangable, and they have zero effect on VTEC kicking harder.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO.. Naw man the solenoid changes the cams profile... Duh...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (chadalac1712)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chadalac1712 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i drive a d16z6. my engine gets loud as **** when vtec kicks in. you here it over my apexi n1 exhaust. idk y. maybe its bc i got headers but i can hear it deff</TD></TR></TABLE>

Remember when I said

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The D series VTEC is only active on the intake cam. Anything that makes the motor louder on the intake side will make VTEC more noticeable. Anything that makes the exhaust side louder will drown out VTEC noise.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

So how would you having a header (or 2 or 3) make SOHC VTEC louder? If it is loud, it has to be something on the INDUCTION (intake) side.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my vtech kick loud with out any mods. wo0. my mini me over powers yours
Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (EkLanta)

Who cares how HARD V-TEC kicks in, on a DOHC or SOHC motor, it still sucks and hardly helps at all.. lol

I was watching this video of a guy that posted his vid on youtube who made a "SRI" that extended to his pasenger window and then you could really hear VTEC come in. Regardless, it was pretty ridiculous looking.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lukehowell88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so the other day i was reading threw some stuff and came across an article and somebody was saying that there vtec dosnt seem to be kick in but it is...you just barley hear it and feel it....oh yea were talking about on a B12... ok so my boy has the same prolbem...well some person stated you cant feel vtech in a d and to up grade well i will have you know some vtech's hit hard i have nothing done to my car at all besides an intake and i swear you would think that when my vtech kicks in that i just hit a nitrous button it will literally put you in your seat....no joke
does anybody know why? p.s i aint complaining i loveeeee it vtech makes my meat curtains sing</TD></TR></TABLE>

spell check much? There is no vtec button, it does not put you back into your chair and into the future. Read more about it and you will see for yourself
Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (.:Swig:.)

preludes have a mean vtec, it almost sounds like the car changes gear or something and u do get locked in ur seat
Old 10-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (gigidygigidy)

Okay this topic is officially ******* retarded.

:Reported to Moderator:
Old 10-25-2007, 07:46 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay this topic is officially ******* retarded.

:Reported to Moderator:</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tom
Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (gigidygigidy)

Old 10-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lukehowell88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so the other day i was reading threw some stuff and came across an article and somebody was saying that there vtec dosnt seem to be kick in but it is...you just barley hear it and feel it....oh yea were talking about on a D16... ok so my boy has the same problem...well some person stated you cant feel vtec in a d and to up grade well i will have you know some vtec's hit hard i have nothing done to my car at all besides an intake and i swear you would think that when my vtec kicks in that i just hit a nitrous button it will literally put you in your seat....no joke
does anybody know why? p.s i aint complaining i loveeeee it vtec rocks</TD></TR></TABLE>tough situation here. its happend to me too and i found out why it didnt work the right way. i needed to change the oil pan bracket because it was restricting the flow of oil from the piston to the vtec chip soleniod. change both gaskets on the car too
Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: kick hard vtech why? (raphael)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tough situation here. its happend to me too and i found out why it didnt work the right way. i needed to change the oil pan bracket because it was restricting the flow of oil from the piston to the vtec chip soleniod. change both gaskets on the car too </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you mean that the oil sump/pick-up tube was dented/damaged and that you had to change it out as well as the pan gasket to resotre oil pressure to the entire engine, right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kick hard vtech why?