Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

keyfob for EG civic with 2004+ car? maybe older if dealers can order it

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyfob for EG civic with 2004+ car? maybe older if dealers can order it

Keyfob and security system OEM parts into eg civic? They had something like that in Japan and IV heard of people using it except it was for right hand drive and you'l always need to park right toward destination so you could unlock your car without walking around it and feeling silly.

who's done this with OEM parts? I dont want to **** with the whole harness in the car, but I mean I guess I could take apart the dash and the doors and most of the body since its a sedan, and automatic that probably makes this super easy.

I might take the door panel and harness maybe sum dash of my accord to try and decide if that'l work. I sorta want a newish accord bucket seat maybe with the heater, but switch adjustable alone would be awesome. I know people have used CL seats and the accord is sorta like the CL because the transmission was awesome, way awesomer than the TL or Accord's

I care more about the keys locks and security system including lock unlock panic, maybe an alarm thing if thats also possible. Airbags would be cool but no thx they're dumb-expensive from a junkyard. Otherwise, if its an even older car, I know the EG locks are available I was thinking about getting those but screw that I want keyfob lock and unlock. And I want an OEM Honda fob. Maybe also open the windows? Seems less important tho.

side note are these cars particularly dangerous like IV heard alot of older Japan cars are because lack of rigidity and strength in the body or unibody or whatever? Air bags would be great but Id wanna try the keyfob security system thing first I bet it would be cheaper than a bunch of airbags

Last edited by shotoutacc0rd; 07-09-2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason: i had to think about which way right and left were.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:15 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: keyfob for EG civic with 2004+ car? maybe older if dealers can order it

Not a single bit of what you just said made any resemblance of sense.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: keyfob for EG civic with 2004+ car? maybe older if dealers can order it

Does your EK have keyfob and security? I'm thinking about ripping the crap out of my accord tomorrow, the car is gonna need a custom harness out of a parts car anyway but when am I gonna have time and money to strip a TL or CL to the shell? When am I gonna have two civics that would be better if I had a comfy seat and a keyfob.. And air conditioning. That should be easier than a keyfob
Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I have to go buy a door a 1/4 panel maybe an engine if an EX civic or delsol or CRV got rear ended, I could bring along an EG door handle and steering column. If there's a CL I'm gonna buy that front clip and roll up the body harness prolly the chairs. If there's nice teg chairs for cheaps it'd be cool. My cars sad. They both need arm rest inserts, the sedan needs a rear seat since I burned holes and ripped and terribly stained them, got a new front seat already. I got spare parts for my coupe but those need to be painted and then 5 mins to install a cup holder and arm rest.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 PM

You're jumping all over the place. This isn't Facebook. Stick with one concept, and figure out the tech on it. Are you trying to talk about keyless entry, are you trying to talk about seats, or are you trying to talk about interiors?
Old 07-09-2014, 11:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I'm assuming that I need to rip interiors apart, got distracted by the thought of those nice Acura seats.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Anyway I'm gonna check how integrated some of these systems are. I hope I don't need to **** up a whole harness but like I said I would use a CL harness if I decide not to fix my accord with it. Maybe someone with an EK or Integra could post when they think a security system was an option. Otherwise I need search the 7th Gen civic cuz I read there's a fob for that one. I'm hoping its not too crazy, unless its a CL wood make a badass rusty civic/CL powertain NA k/h beater
Old 07-10-2014, 02:54 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll bet good money that nothing happens.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just purchase an aftermarket alarm. Much easier, cheaper, and better (2-way remote).

As for the rest of that nonsense, you must have forgotten to take your meds or something...
Old 07-10-2014, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you want an oem style Keyfob for opening your door locks, it is possible to change the power lock mechanism in a 93-95 Civic EX (well any with an oem harness). I swapped the power lock control module with one from a 98 CRV and added a few wires to the door harness to the cabin to get the dome light signal. Other wires can be passed through for trunk pop, but I didnt do that since I wasnt able to find a compatible power trunk pop for my coupe.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:47 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

CRV for parts then? I need to buy new locks anyway, I WD40'd mine and they're still awfully sad. I dont wanna just replace the ignition door and trunk locks, I would much rather upgrade it to have a fob since I miss having a fob.

is there anything I need besides that lil box in the door? Dash harness body harness or just the door harness?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:52 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Hmm I should check if the crv has a keyfob or a fob thats not part of the key. Idk how much more complicated it would be trying to make that ignition work in an EG
Old 07-10-2014, 09:15 AM
The Grumpiest

What you should do is stop creating these threads where you know in your heart that you have no real intention on going through with things.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The 98 CRV I got the parts from was a seperate fob. I depinned the door lock module from my civic and using the module and its connector pinned those wires in. I also had 12 inches of harness from the CRV for the wires that didnt exist in the civic's door harness (Like the dome light signal)
Old 07-10-2014, 10:04 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
What you should do is stop creating these threads where you know in your heart that you have no real intention on going through with things.
IV got a long list of crap to pull from junkyards, the longer it is the more fun I get to have rolling around in dirt. And hopefully the more **** I can throw under other **** and get a better deal
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by angrysmileyface
The 98 CRV I got the parts from was a seperate fob. I depinned the door lock module from my civic and using the module and its connector pinned those wires in. I also had 12 inches of harness from the CRV for the wires that didnt exist in the civic's door harness (Like the dome light signal)
thank you sir, hopefully this info helps me. Did you document any of it? With both electrical diagrams I doubt it'l be too hard, I do not think any of this crap is as complicated as it is with my accord.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 AM
The Grumpiest

Uh, yeah. Is that on Friday? Cause everytime you get called on these stalled projects you tell everyone you're going to the yard, or getting your parts, on Friday.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:57 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I wanted to go in like a week or two, not today or tomorrow. Idk which computer thing to use for my coupe and I dont have the facilities to fiberglass it and glue foam to the car. I wanna get brakes before I do that and sum swaybars so LCAs and spindles I told my insurance company my brakes were messed up when I wanted to have it towed to my house for assembly. They told me unless I had info about the brakes being fixed, like parts receipt or w.e they wont tow it again and I wanna be able to tow it before I drive it anyway.

I'm sure you've gotten cars tuned mark what program do u think is better cost/benefit wise? Idk bout the free ones I dont want some crappy program for my engine.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

In what OEM Honda did they have "open" windows, or roll down window options.

There may be plenty of people implementing newer generation parts into older cars but thats because they know what they are doing. If you don't have the slightest idea its going to take some thinking to get it to work. You should have the wiring diagram ahead of time and see what is needed.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:55 PM

Nearly all of the fancy power options now are controlled by ICU's (independent control units). The motors aren't much different. I can speak from experience when I say that wiring in CL power seats "properly" is expensive as ****, and a pain in the ***. First, you would need to figure out how to integrate the CL wiring harness under the dash into the OEM harness. I spent weeks pouring over the wiring diagrams for both cars nearly a year ago, and suffice to say they are just different enough to make it a painful process. Even if you do manage to do that, you'll still need ALL related ICUs, which there is one of for the keyless, one for the alarm system, and two for the seats. New, they sell for $400+ each. Used from Junk yards, or online, they still go for $150+ each.

The second option is to wire them in yourself. Forget about mixing harnesses, and spec'ing out obnoxiously expensive control boxes. For the locks and alarm, get a quality, aftermarket system. There are a lot of options out there. If you want an OEM-looking key fob, get one with your aftermarket alarm system. As for seats, properly wired relays can control seat movement just fine - ask me how I know.

As for the whole "have to walk around the car" nonsense in your original post, that's not how remote entry works, and I'm not sure where you got that idea.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:06 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Some of the newer ones have all sorts of crazy stuff like pop up GPS touch screen displays, Hondas have all the cool stuff as standard features nowadays. I'm thinking about ripping my accord apart but I feel like its gonna be a PITA to convert so I wanted to know if I can get some of the features my accord has into my civic, maybe from a different car.

remote start would be real nice too
Old 07-10-2014, 01:36 PM

...You didn't even read what I just posted.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:06 PM
The Grumpiest

His ADD kicked in.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:27 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

There's a television remote style receiver and transmitter on EGs as an option in Japan. I want radiofrequency though so I dont need to point the transmitter at the receiver which is on the right door handle thus all that nonsense.

splicing harnesses together cant be as hard as people make it seem like it is. Tweaked performance does it for Toyotas and they charge like 1,000 per engine compartment swap harness, but I bet almost all of that is profit and it doesn't even take an 8 hour work day to build one.

Idk if there's a well known company for Hondas that does it, but screw them anyway I'd rather save the money and build a sub harness for the control units, thats how people were swapping manual trans into accords before the wire splicing was figured out and perfected. Its worth the time to figure out cuz between my two civics and my accord there's alot of money to be saved. Especially since I want to do it with my accord, I should practice with a POS civic.

plus keyfobs are nice. My neighbor does aftermarket systems I think I'm gonna ask for a quote and ask him if he'l help me figure out the OEM crap.

I still haven't figured out how tied into the computer system that stuff is on different cars, that guy made it seem like the CRV is doable but I dont think there are all the features I want.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:37 PM

Yep, you still haven't read a word I posted.

Quick Reply: keyfob for EG civic with 2004+ car? maybe older if dealers can order it