Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Key loss

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:23 PM
vai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key loss

Hy All,

Big is my problem, my car is an OBD2a engine CIVIC and i HAVE lost the key.
I've found the red one, i just can move the car but nothing more.

I know that the key is special (code), without the right one, i cannot start IT.

Any help will be appreciate.
Thanks a lot.
Vai.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Key loss (vai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hy All,

Big is my problem, my car is an OBD2a engine CIVIC and i HAVE lost the key.
I've found the red one, i just can move the car but nothing more.

I know that the key is special (code), without the right one, i cannot start IT.

Any help will be appreciate.
Thanks a lot.
Vai.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have lost the car key? Ignition?

If you want to get one made, you have to go to honda...
Old 07-17-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Key loss (G2 Speed)

since when the keys are coded in 92-00 Civics?
just curious.

But if its chipped, like others said, you have to go Honda..
Old 07-17-2006, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to the dealer and bring your title and ID they can cut you one for like 5-10 bux
Old 07-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Key loss (sinister6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinister6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since when the keys are coded in 92-00 Civics?
just curious.

But if its chipped, like others said, you have to go Honda..</TD></TR></TABLE>

There were none.... I think he just needs it cut
Old 07-17-2006, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Key loss (G2 Speed)

I dont know if this is legal in North America (USA, Canada).

When we lost a Key here and in a middle of nowhere. say 9pm at night dealer are closed, we can find a key shop for help, basically the key guy came, open your door and make a key directly. which, i dont think tis a good thing to share how they did that.

it takes about 30 mins and they charge 50-60bucks.

This happens to me when I went to beach with a couple friends last month. it was Sunday and I dropped my key into the sea when the zip fucked during water skiing. I have to disassamble the alarm too.. took me like 2.5 hrs to get the damn car started.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinister6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont know if this is legal in North America (USA, Canada).

When we lost a Key here and in a middle of nowhere. say 9pm at night dealer are closed, we can find a key shop for help, basically the key guy came, open your door and make a key directly. which, i dont think tis a good thing to share how they did that.

This happens to me when I went to beach with a couple friends last month. it was Sunday and I dropped my key into the sea when the zip fucked during water skiing. I have to disassamble the alarm too.. took me like 2.5 hrs to get the damn car started.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can pick locks
Old 07-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have a key it can be cut by anybody if you bring proof of ownership (title) of the vehicle as well as identification to proove you are who you say you are... If ur car is a &lt; '00 model, there isn't a chip in ur key and it does NOT have to be programmed... What I can understand is you said you lost the "main" key, which means u still have the valet key, right? Then why can't you start it?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinister6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont know if this is legal in North America (USA, Canada).

This happens to me when I went to beach with a couple friends last month. it was Sunday and I dropped my key into the sea when the zip fucked during water skiing. I have to disassamble the alarm too.. took me like 2.5 hrs to get the damn car started.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its legal and its no suprise .........

besides a thief can put a dent pulling in any key slot on any car and yank the cylinder out and then read the 4 numbers on the cylinder then make a key... nothing new.

shisssh you can even buy an old school hand held key cut pliers and yank the key cylinder out set the plyers and make a key right then and there
Old 07-17-2006, 07:19 PM
vai

Default Re: (Syndacate)

Thanks for your reply,

The car is a second hand car with 2 keys, one the "main key" to sart the car and the other one (replc) is to unlock the direction. So you can move the car but not start. It wasn't possible to make a replic without the code and most importantly Honda stop their activities for the moment. When they will restart, we don't know...
I LEAVE in Tahiti, we cannot again believe in honda for assistance.

Anyway, i will not have the code.

So i just wanna know if it's possible to remove the denied access from the ecu.
Perhaps i can jump something on the ecu?

Thanks for all.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for your reply,

The car is a second hand car with 2 keys, one the "main key" to sart the car and the other one (replc) is to unlock the direction. So you can move the car but not start. It wasn't possible to make a replic without the code and most importantly Honda stop their activities for the moment. When they will restart, we don't know...
I LEAVE in Tahiti, we cannot again believe in honda for assistance.

Anyway, i will not have the code.

So i just wanna know if it's possible to remove the denied access from the ecu.
Perhaps i can jump something on the ecu?

Thanks for all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DUDE WTF?!

What do you drive? What is this direction key?!

are you talking about an immobilizer? Beacuse I'm 100% sure there wasn't any for a 92-00 civic
Old 07-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (G2 Speed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

DUDE WTF?!

What do you drive? What is this direction key?!

are you talking about an immobilizer? Beacuse I'm 100% sure there wasn't any for a 92-00 civic</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol yea either too much "ice" or he's in the wrong honda civic forum....
Old 07-17-2006, 11:37 PM

Default GRR

Stock Immobilizer? OBD II a?? Can I say EP3 !! WRONG FORUM!!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:07 AM

Default Re: GRR (sinister6)

Here in EU most Civics from 96-00 have immobilizer. Probably they have it to. Find nearest Honda garage and they should make you a new coded key based on that red key.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GRR (urosch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by urosch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here in EU most Civics from 96-00 have immobilizer. Probably they have it to. Find nearest Honda garage and they should make you a new coded key based on that red key. </TD></TR></TABLE>

really? wow learn something new everday

Once again, North America
Old 07-18-2006, 06:00 AM

Default Re: GRR (G2 Speed)

Don`t know why we have immobilizer because here nobody steals Hondas. Thieves like Audis, BMWs, VWs and POS Renaults.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GRR (urosch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by urosch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don`t know why we have immobilizer because here nobody steals Hondas. Thieves like Audis, BMWs, VWs and POS Renaults. </TD></TR></TABLE>

vice versa over here
Old 07-18-2006, 10:13 AM
vai

Correct, the car (from 96) have an immobilizer.

We don't have honda garage, they stop their activities, i have no possibilities to get the code from them.

So any idea about something to start the car without the code?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What is a red key?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Key loss (99FBPSi)

The red key is an emergency key that comes with the car when it's new. It's good for a certain number of starts, then eveything is shut down. I have one at the house in the original packaging, when I get home I'll see if I can find it and post it and the directions for it's use.
Larry
Old 07-18-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Re: GRR (vai)

A local locksmith should have a key code reader and he could make you a new code key. At least here in EU is like that.

If you don`t get a new coded key at local locksmith:
Option no.1 - You`ll have to find all the parts (keys, ECU w/ immobilizer, ignition switch w/ immobilizer) from a crashed Civic and replaced them with yours.
Option no.2 - rewire the immobilizer unit at ignition switch and unsolder immobilizer from ECU. But then the CEL light will be on but everything will work fine. It won`t be in a limp mode.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

vice versa over here </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, no, thieves don't "like" hondas, they just like to steal 'em because they're incredibly easy to steal and becaue they're so basic they can be completely stripped by 2 or 3 guys in like 4 hours and the parts can all be sold within 24 hours, very very quick way to make money... Other thieves...the real ones go for the big kills, like VW, Audi, Benz's, etc.

about that whole key thing, i think he means it' s a key that unlocks the steering wheel so he can turn it but he can't turn the key to start it....I think it's a deffective key or something ;-P
Old 07-19-2006, 09:55 AM
vai

Default Re: GRR (Syndacate)

lol, no, thieves don't "like" hondas, they just like to steal 'em because they're incredibly easy to steal and becaue they're so basic they can be completely stripped by 2 or 3 guys in like 4 hours and the parts can all be sold within 24 hours, very very quick way to make money... Other thieves...the real ones go for the big kills, like VW, Audi, Benz's, etc.

about that whole key thing, i think he means it' s a key that unlocks the steering wheel so he can turn it but he can't turn the key to start it....I think it's a deffective key or something ;-P[/QUOTE]

You understand my problem, i just can unlock the steering wheel only, i cannot start the engine. The key is uncoded.

I think the best way to go is, like urosch said, i will try to unsold the immobilizer from the ecu. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: Key loss (cxSHOE)

This is why I roll with no key holes on my car. Don't ask me what I'll do if my alarm every dies and I can't open my car.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:11 AM

Default Re: GRR (vai)

It won`t be enough to unsolder immobilizer from ECU. You`ll need to rewire anoter immobilizer unit at ignition switch. I don`t know how because a friend took the first option.

Quick Reply: Key loss