Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Keep your civic from being stolen

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone thought installing micro cameras in your car with an RF tranmitter...I working on a design that will activate when your alarm is tripped...they have internal memory so short recording are possible...enough to get a shot of the thieves
Old 12-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re:

heres all the protection i need

Old 12-16-2003, 04:35 PM
ng

My alarm goes off when the garbage truck goes down the street and when my neighbor drives by in his Camaro SS. God bless it =D.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2FastxEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2FastxEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">at home, i have chains that i lock up into the car to the ground so that nobody can jack the car and tow it.. i had my fully built type r at home and it got stolen... i know it had to be one of my friends or somethign which was fucked up, now i just buy chains and chain the car down to the ground with an anchor tha has been cemented down in teh concrete.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was gonna do the same thing, but luckily now i have a garage spot! i might carry aound some rubber coated chains, wrap them around a wheel, and padlock them on whenever i have to leave the car anywhere.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:29 PM

Default Re: (D50boy)

AutoLock
Old 12-16-2003, 07:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen (migitsrcool21)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by migitsrcool21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read posts all of the time about civics that are stolen. I would like to know what type of security is actually used in these cars that are being taken. My suggestion for the best set up is an alarm (obviously) add on an extra siren mount it inside the car under your dash(hide it well) and get a back up battery(also hiden well). The extra alarm that you add on ussually ring at a much louder becible (I have one and it is litteraly ear piercing)than the one in your engine bay. Than add on a motion sensor (if you adjust it to a lower setting it wont be going off all of the time from cats and people in parking lots parked next to you, but will for people leaning up against your window.

I agree with some who say if the thief wants it they will get it...however if more money was put into alarms instead of rims and exhaust. Theft would go down. They make get your deck or something quick if their bold enough but bottom line your car will be there in the morning. No theif will drive your car around with a siren blaring. Just for the record My car is really done up. It has been broken into three times and two of those they got nodda! The last time I forgot to activate the alarm and they got some stuff.
Hope this helped anyone and I agree theives should be castrated!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

if i want your car i'm gonna take it!!! period!!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen (prestoizm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prestoizm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's true that they can pop your hood but if you have a back up alarm it will go off the second someone takes off the N3g. battery cable. That's what mine does. Plus, if you super parnoid like i am you would have a hood pin installed. The second my hood is lifted the pin releases and my alarm goes off. So no matter what your going to hear something.

Ps. you right about the kill switch. I have one of those too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the hood pin should NOT BE AN OPTION. neither should a battery powered siren. the first things most theives do is pop the hood, and unhook the battery.

also, if you have a CF hood, INSTALL HOOD LOCKS instead of pins. sure they can be drilled, but who's gonna bust out some carbide tips and work on a hood in public?

BTW, ALL VIPER Alarms (including clifford MATRIX series alarms) are POS'. You can defeat all of them by removing the brain. Clifford alarms, on the other hand, will still have the starter and ignition cut with the brain removed. but not all clifford installers are the same. if you're in the LA area, i'd reccomend Automotive Entertainment in Pasadena. Their work is pricy, but they're clifford's top installer in LA (its where circuit city sends their cars when they **** up)
Old 12-16-2003, 08:36 PM
MEAT PATTY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen (dantastic)

The things we go through to protect are economy boxes. I wish people would just start stealing nissans or toyota's damnit. I"m sick of this ****, sorry I had to vent real quick. But seriously though is their anyway that we could possible get one of those boot devices that the cops use when you don't pay your parking tickets. I really don't see how theives could get that off, but I never seen one up close in person, so their probably is a way to get it off. Even with a flatbed if they try to take the car, that thing is going to make a hell of alot of noise from the tires sreeching from being draged onto the flatbed. And by then your will have your AK off safety and ready to blast.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen (goforbroke)

just ordered a quick release hub
Old 12-17-2003, 03:26 AM
Help we my pennies

Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen (jdmcivicek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmcivicek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just ordered a quick release hub </TD></TR></TABLE> i heard a few companys make it, can u tell us?
Old 12-17-2003, 04:24 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen (migitsrcool21)

Too many topics like this already.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen (FlamencoEsi)

Originally Posted by SloCivicHMM
AUTOLOCK, FUEL CUT OFF, STARTER CUT OFF, ALARM, GLOCK 19, VDIEO CAM, and PIT BULL!!!
Old 04-15-2016, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen (FlamencoEsi)

I choose glock 40, also take the main fuel relay out, alarm brake/clutch lock, nrg steering wheel lock and steering wheel that can come off. Even boot lock on the wheels. Amen to what ^ he said!!!
Old 04-15-2016, 06:49 PM
yippee-ki-yay

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen

^bored this evening?! Thread circa 2003.

eH.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Keep your civic from being stolen

tow truck > you. old thread is old.