Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Karma is real. I lost all power on the road.

Old 07-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Karma is real. I lost all power on the road.

Well, First off. Other then problems I've created myself, with my car. Its always ran great.

I make it a habit of mine to stop and help people on the road, that are stranded, etc. If I have the time and I can do it. I enjoy helping people out. I've jumped countless dead cars, fixed flats, changed tires for many, many people I've never met and probably will never meet again.

Well, today I was driving down Union Hills, (for you Az people.) And all of a sudden my car just lost power. Luckily I was in the left lane and I merged into the middle turning lane. I got out of the car, flashers on and I found under the hood that my number 3 spark plug boot had come off of the distributor cap. It had a twinge of black on it, while all the others where still bronze. All of this has been replaced a few weeks ago. So I'm going over everything, people are all pissy, because they have to drive a few more feet to turn. Eventually a Mom on her way to the grocery store stops and asks me if I need a jump, I told her my situation, that it wasnt the battery. She didnt leave, which I was thankful for, and offered to steer my car, while I pushed. Which was awesome. So I am pushing my heavier then hell 4 door. ( I still love 'er) And out of nowhere, like 3 guys come and help me. Thanks all around, I thanked the lady. It was really nice. Then a fellow honda owner stopped to go the bank there, and asks me what I had under the hood.

He thought I said, b16, when in fact I said d16. Its stock. So he comes over and I see a look on his face, and realise his confusion. Then I tell him I'm in the process of getting parts for an hmt turbo setup.

"You're gonna turbo a D series?!" It was hilarious.
I'm sorry, but I love my D.

Anyways, he helps me, and we find out that there is no spark from the distibutor. So I call AAA and am waiting for the tow truck. About an hour later, the same lady drives by and offers to drive me home or, anywhere. Which I thought was cool.

I had it towed to the shop and drove the truck home. Guess I'll have to narrow it down.
I hope its the coil or ignitor, I hear those are cheaper to replace then the distributor.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Its a 95 EX with 201,xxx miles on it. Runs like a champ except for today. =\
Is it pretty straightforward in changing those parts?

Sorry for the essay, I was bored.
So, if you all ever see someone that needs help, and have the time and patience. Give em a hand. It'll make their day.

Karma is real.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:45 PM
BANNED

that wasnt really karma though
just niec people
Old 07-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn, very helpful people over there. Here nobody helps you they just give you the finger!
Old 07-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Electrician

Wow. I wished I lived in a nice place like that.

Straight forward swap.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Karma is real. I lost all power on the road. (1995Ex_Sedan)

Good people
Honda-Tech Member

Ah, we have our a-holes too. I guess I just peetered out at the right time, and place.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1995Ex_Sedan)

i hope i get some of that good karma . i just got done wiring up my ls cluster in my eg today and i was testing it and a cop pulled me over in my neighborhood and ticketed me for 48 in a 30... i was speeding but damn i just went down the street and back... what kinda cop sits in a neighborhood.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (1995Ex_Sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Ex_Sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ah, we have our a-holes too. I guess I just peetered out at the right time, and place.</TD></TR></TABLE>
oh christ yes we do hahaha

glad to see everyone helped out. my psychic honda troubleshooting powers say igniter. but its a 50/50 with the coil. both are obviously very common
Old 07-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kamin)

if nobody else is gunna ask it, i will. was she a milf?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:55 PM
DFW
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (egamjah)

Did you hit it?

GL on the car though
Old 07-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DFW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by c00t3rs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that wasnt really karma though
just niec people</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes that is good karma!
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egamjah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if nobody else is gunna ask it, i will. was she a milf?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DFW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you hit it?

GL on the car though </TD></TR></TABLE>
and both of you are fun but they are asking great questions! lol!!! but good luck with your car and i hope its not the distro but if it is go to a pick a part and it might be cheaper than buying a new one at honda!