Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

K20 swap ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K20 swap ?

does anyone know a shop that could do a K20a2 swap for $7000 including install in the San Antonio/ Austin area? maybe even Houston.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: K20 swap ? (EZCIVIC TYPE R)

you could do it yourself for that much...Thats what i'm doing, no sense in giving money to a shop when you can do the same thing. Ya it may take a little more time and effort but you can finish it
Old 11-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: K20 swap ? (AMECustom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AMECustom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you could do it yourself for that much...Thats what i'm doing, no sense in giving money to a shop when you can do the same thing. Ya it may take a little more time and effort but you can finish it </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd say that's true for a normal swap. From what I've read, this swap is VERY advanced. I would read up on EVERYTHING you could on the K series swap before attempting this.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: K20 swap ? (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd say that's true for a normal swap. From what I've read, this swap is VERY advanced. I would read up on EVERYTHING you could on the K series swap before attempting this. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dont worry, he knows everything possible to know about Hondas.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'd say that's true for a normal swap. From what I've read, this swap is VERY advanced. I would read up on EVERYTHING you could on the K series swap before attempting this. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It is hella difficult. A lot of different things go into the swap but there are so many write ups and how to's, and people on various sites that can help you. If you have some mechanical know how it can be done with time and patience like i said
Old 11-12-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Re: K20 swap ? (accordselux)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dont worry, he knows everything possible to know about Hondas.</TD></TR></TABLE>

When the **** did i say that DICK!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AMECustom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is hella difficult. A lot of different things go into the swap but there are so many write ups and how to's, and people on various sites that can help you. If you have some mechanical know how it can be done with time and patience like i said </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is true. This is something that I would definitely do with friends though.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

go to k-series.com and ask around.. maybe they'll know more..
Old 11-13-2005, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am in the process of acquiring all the parts for the swap... I hope you have lots of time & money - I already have
jdm k20a type R
hasport axles
hasport mounts
hytech ek/k20 header
RBC (eruo accord type r) intake manifold
exedy stg 2 clutch
toda fywheel
RSX-S cluster (w/ multiplexor & full interior harness)
aeromotive FPR
RSX-S clutch slave cylinder
EP3 idler pulley & bracket
RSX-S charging harness & engine harness
shifter box & linkage

still need
hondata K-pro & hondata IMG
fuel lines (aeroquip startlite) & fittings
Hasport Adapter harness
velocity stack & filter
custom clutch line
temp/fan switch
new radiator & fan (can use stock)
karcepts shiftbox, rad mount, & FPR mount
IPS k2 cams & eibach springs \
install & dyno tune

theres a lot missing need to go eat brkfst w/parents
Old 11-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: K20 swap ? (adirondackR)

PM Arturbo or look up the guys at T1
Old 11-13-2005, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K20 swap ? (Luserkid)

thanks guys, yeah i thought about doing it myself, but i am also a freakin lazy ***! i think id rather pay someone that knows what there doin to swap it in for me. i wish i could do it but i work full time and go the college full time. i searched around town for shops that could do it but know one has done this swap. i thought maybe someone on here could give me a name of a good shop that knows what they are doing. thanks guys.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh yeah i forget, i'm putting this in my EK hatch.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:24 AM

how far are you from hybrid-racing? They're located in Louisiana.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adirondackR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am in the process of acquiring all the parts for the swap... I hope you have lots of time & money - I already have
jdm k20a type R
hasport axles
hasport mounts
hytech ek/k20 header
RBC (eruo accord type r) intake manifold
exedy stg 2 clutch
toda fywheel
RSX-S cluster (w/ multiplexor & full interior harness)
aeromotive FPR
RSX-S clutch slave cylinder
EP3 idler pulley & bracket
RSX-S charging harness & engine harness
shifter box & linkage

theres a lot missing need to go eat brkfst w/parents </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn how much did you pay for the K20a? I just bought my k24a2, and am getting ready to buy a type s transmission. Why did you go with hasport axles though, i've heard they break pretty easily
Old 11-13-2005, 07:53 AM
ballin

I have a friend getting a K for like $7k installed. Im so jealous
Old 11-13-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re: K20 swap ? (Chong)

Unless you get lucky then you aren't gogin to get a K20A2 or K20A for 7k installed.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K20 swap ? (xEnderx)

hey man have you call jotech racing they are located in garland texas they might do the job not sure about it but give them a call
Old 11-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AMECustom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn how much did you pay for the K20a? I just bought my k24a2, and am getting ready to buy a type s transmission. Why did you go with hasport axles though, i've heard they break pretty easily </TD></TR></TABLE>

I got the type r K20a from http://www.passwordjdm.com for about $5200...I paid in advance almost 2 years ago....& got the swap about a year ago. Do NOT expect to pay that price today

I got a deal on hasport axles - i couldn't refuse....I think I've spent over 10K & you can see I still have a substantial amount left needed to spend.... believe me you can cut corners (use stock clutch - do you own wiring...use a dc tsx header etc....) but thats not the route I am taking

you might want a stock rsx (base) tranny or get a tsx tranny (get a ITR or quaife lsd too )...type s is good but not geared towards the tq the k24a2 can make
Old 11-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adirondackR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you might want a stock rsx (base) tranny or get a tsx tranny (get a ITR or quaife lsd too )...type s is good but not geared towards the tq the k24a2 can make</TD></TR></TABLE>

TSX doesn't bolt up, and why would the type s tranny not be good for the K24? I personally think that the type s tranny with a stock honda(CRV, I think...) 5.1 final drive and quaife lsd would rock the house with that motor.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chong &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a friend getting a K for like $7k installed. Im so jealous</TD></TR></TABLE>

What would it be normally?
Old 11-13-2005, 12:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adirondackR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you might want a stock rsx (base) tranny or get a tsx tranny (get a ITR or quaife lsd too )...type s is good but not geared towards the tq the k24a2 can make</TD></TR></TABLE>

See thats debateable...I've heard from people who have the k24a2's with the EP3 trans, and LSD and they say they still sping all day long. Longer gears are good since the peak torque comes at aroung 2000RPM's but i would just like to have 6 gears, regardless of traction problems. I'd figure ya i'll spin through first but after that its nothing but traction...

And for using the tsx trans, you must not know much about them, since that trans uses different mounting positions, (ones which both hasport and hybrid-racing dont make)!
Old 11-13-2005, 02:21 PM
ballin

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What would it be normally?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dunno, im just jealous because of the fact that he is getting a K, lol.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chong &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a friend getting a K for like $7k installed. Im so jealous</TD></TR></TABLE>
and this friend is me im getting a few extra parts so in all im probally spending around 8k-8500 bucks. It seems like alot of money but when it puts down 225-230hp all motor with only a few parts itll be all worth it
Old 11-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AMECustom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how far are you from hybrid-racing? They're located in Louisiana.</TD></TR></TABLE>
im located in San Antonio Texas, where is hybrid located? i'm trying to see if i could get the swap done as close to San antonio as posible cuz like i said i got work and school and stuff so if i do take it to hybrid then i probably gotta wait till i get a break from school. cant do it this christmas so it'll probably be spring break.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by curioso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey man have you call jotech racing they are located in garland texas they might do the job not sure about it but give them a call </TD></TR></TABLE>
i'll have to give them a call to see if they have experience with the k20 and if they could do it.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EZCIVIC TYPE R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im located in San Antonio Texas, where is hybrid located? i'm trying to see if i could get the swap done as close to San antonio as posible cuz like i said i got work and school and stuff so if i do take it to hybrid then i probably gotta wait till i get a break from school. cant do it this christmas so it'll probably be spring break.

i'll have to give them a call to see if they have experience with the k20 and if they could do it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

go to http://www.hybrid-racing.com

You'll find all your answers there

Quick Reply: K20 swap ?