Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

k series help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k series help

I am buying the motor i believe tomorrow and I have searched on this site and k20a.org for a parts list of what I need to do the COMPLETE swap. I need motor, tranny, jdm ecu, shifter box and cables, mounts, wireing harness. What else is there that I need to have it ALL in the car and driveable.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:26 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: k series help (josh green)

patience.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know I have seen one on this site before but i cant find it. I have been looking for it for the last 2 days every time I get on the computer.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by josh green &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am buying the motor i believe tomorrow and I have searched on this site and k20a.org for a parts list of what I need to do the COMPLETE swap. I need motor, tranny, jdm ecu, shifter box and cables, mounts, wireing harness. What else is there that I need to have it ALL in the car and driveable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check around some more on K20a.org, if not here. You can find it.

Off the top of my head I know you need some of the Fuel system stuff, and a custom header.

also why do you say JDM ECU ? because it has no immobilizer? I'm not sure that you can run a JDM ECU on a USDM K20a2... Hondata is teh way to go. unless the AEM computer has come out yet...
Old 01-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: k series help (Jon V)

read this thread
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1057810

I hope you know what you are getting into...

Mounts ~ $500
Header $350 (hasport) - $1000 + (DTR, TrueRace, Rcrew, Hytech, & soon Pacman)
Axles ~ $250 profab - $400+ (hasport / DSS)
Harness ~ $250+ (hybrid-racing / hasport)
Radiator - can relocate OEM or get aftermkt Fluidyne, C&R etc
Rail aftermkt or mod'd OEM ($150 +)
Fuel Lines ~ varies
Fuel Regulator ~ varies
Shifter Box ~ varies can use stock with limitations
Coolant temp sensor and fan switch ~ B-series / Hasport
intake ~ custom or some B-series
Mid Pipe ~ custom
Shifter cables (OEM) RSX-S
Throttle cable (OEM) EP3 for k20a2 or 96+ Dx/GSR for jdm k20a
Shifter linkage Clips (OEM)
*EP3 idler pulley ~$80 - to eliminate Power Steering
*custom length belt to run EP3 idler pulley
*Power Steering ~$250 run custom lines & notch hood
RSX-S clutch slave cylinder ~ varies
custom clutch line ~ varies
*A/C ~ custom lines - relocate condensor, need A/C compressor
USDM ECU - need to remove immobilizer ~varies est $150-$300
*K-pro is $850 + the original ECU (removes immobilizer)
*Tuning & Install labor

might want to look into clutch, flywheel, LSD upgrades as well - if going o be street legal you'll probably need to throw in a hi-flow catalytic converter

* optional - some options may eliminate another ie going for P/S custom lines you don't need the EP3 idler pulley

Modified by adirondackR at 3:51 PM 1/12/2005
Old 01-12-2005, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by josh green &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am buying the motor i believe tomorrow and I have searched on this site and k20a.org for a parts list of what I need to do the COMPLETE swap. I need motor, tranny, jdm ecu, shifter box and cables, mounts, wireing harness. What else is there that I need to have it ALL in the car and driveable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

some people might say for you to not waste money on the k series but personally if you have the money you should because the b series will soon be 0wned by the k series....me, i dont have enough money for a d-series oil pan which i need lol but when i do get money ill be doin the b series swap
Old 01-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: k series help (adirondackR)

why do i need, fuel lines and regulator, temp switch should be on the motor already, why is ep3 pulley needed to rid p/s? slave cyl should be on tranny and who can make clutch lines?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you need a new fuel rail and regulator cause the k series doesn't have a return line from your fuel pump. the pullley is need to have the belt fit unless you get a belt that will fit without the power steering pump. i know theres more cause i gone through the whole mess
Old 01-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: k series help (zoomzoom92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zoomzoom92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some people might say for you to not waste money on the k series but personally if you have the money you should because the b series will soon be 0wned by the k series....me, i dont have enough money for a d-series oil pan which i need lol but when i do get money ill be doin the b series swap </TD></TR></TABLE>

K series is the future of Honda performance. Bump for the early adopter!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by josh green &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do i need, fuel lines and regulator, temp switch should be on the motor already, why is ep3 pulley needed to rid p/s? slave cyl should be on tranny and who can make clutch lines?</TD></TR></TABLE>

RSX temp is sent through a multiplexor (digital communication line from sensor to ECU to RSX-S gauge cluster) hence you need a B-series sensor that runs off of regular voltage. RSX does not have a regulator or a return line & is a returnless system hence the need for all that.

you need to rid P/S becauses stock RSX lines don't fit & need to be reroute (estimated $250 for custom lines) if you like to keep P/S (& also notch the hood)
EP3 idler pulley eliminates all that & keeps the engine balanced (for lack of a better term) for about $100 ($80 for pulley & bracket & $20 for the aftermkt belt)

slave cylinder IS NOT included with most swaps - i believe it sits on the firewall of an RSX. Custom clutch line is just a certain length of clutch line (you can probably get at local autoparts store)

you should serch archive topics this has all been covered before
Old 01-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what mods are needed to do to the factory fuel rail? I have a temp sensor from a ls block that we have laying around. I didnt plan on keeping p/s b/c my car didnt have it to begin with. Buying the pulley is no problem, why couldnt you use a k20a3 belt? With the different pulley wouldnt the belt have the same length of the a3? If I have to get the slave cyl its not a problem, and custom clutch lines and fuel lines I can use steel braided lines. As far as wireing, is it like any other swap?
Old 01-13-2005, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (josh green)

stock rail must be mod'd for a return line...or just buy one from AEM, Golden Eagle, etc... for $100-150

EP3 belt will not work!!! believe me you should need a belt 50.5" 7 rib from local auto parts store.

http://www.k20a.org/phpBB2/vie...light=
Old 01-13-2005, 05:23 AM

Default Re: (adirondackR)

i looked at the k20 before i bought my h22... and i decided on going with the h22 because it seems a little less of a problem to get in to my 93 civic..

is that true? (h is easier then k)
Old 01-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NY93CivicEx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NY93CivicEx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i looked at the k20 before i bought my h22... and i decided on going with the h22 because it seems a little less of a problem to get in to my 93 civic..

is that true? (h is easier then k)</TD></TR></TABLE>

not so much easier but much cheaper...