Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just wanted to say hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wanted to say hello

Hi all. I am new to this board as my post count shows and have just started to mod my 99 Si. I have owned it for the past two years, but have surpressed the urge to play because, like my name says, I have always really wanted a Type-R. Now however, I can no longer resist!! Three weeks ago I had the Apex N1 WS coilover suspension installed and I love it!! The following weekend, I took it to my first Auto-X and got first in the Novice class. The Auto-x proceeded to kill the Dunlops I had on there as well. I was excpecting this though as they had 22k miles on them. The Kuhmo 712's are on the way--Wed
Last night I installed my AEM CAI. Man, what a difference at WOT. The throttle feels quicker to respond as well. I dont know about actual HP gains but it feels quicker--at least in my mind. I also am installing a DC short shifter tomorrow. Does anyone have any helpful hints, they would be appreciated. The Next mod was to be the GC 22mm rear sway bar, as any of you know who auto cross, this car needs so help rotating it's rear end around. But I talked to GC today and they are done with the bar until sometime in September--Argggg very mad that I didn't take advantage sooner. My other option is the Comptech but it is 90 bucks more. I guess I would like to know if the tie bar that comes with is worth it?

Wow--ok I'll stop for now. Motor mods and wheels will have to wait till fall or winter due to funds issues--you all know about that I'm sure.

Thanks for listening and I am happy to be here--Corny right LOL LOL LOL

Dan
Old 06-16-2001, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Just wanted to say hello (Loco Honkey)

Thanks Loco--Is the progressive good. I keep hearing that a few have ripped form their bolts? Just what I've heard.
Also, when you suggested to release the front bar, is that advisable even with te stock 13inch one, I dont know if I'll be able to get the bigger rear one by my next auto-x but I'd like to try.

Thanks again
Old 06-17-2001, 08:14 AM

Thanks again,
True, every little bit helps I'll try that in a few weeks

Dan
Old 06-17-2001, 11:04 AM
New User

Default Re: Just wanted to say hello (WantingaType-R)

I have a Progress bar also on my 00 Si, and I love it. Its cheaper than almost anything else, but Progress makes good stuff. You'll enjoy it.
Old 06-17-2001, 09:37 PM
New User

Default Re: Just wanted to say hello (tampaSi)

yo..would y ou be interesdet in trading your factory lights (1/2 red, 1/2 white) for my 2nd generation skyline style altezzas?
Old 06-18-2001, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Just wanted to say hello (funyun115)

Nope, sorry, I dont find them attractive at all!!
--Good luck in getting back to origional--the only way to go IMHO--friends dont let friends drive with Altezzas---lol

Dan
Old 06-18-2001, 07:46 AM

Hahahahahahaha.
I do happen to like that car a lot though. Plus now coming in August with a 5 speed, and Lexus saying that AWD is a front burner issue for the IS and the GS, well all you would need to do is install the Supra TT kit from TRD, which supposedly bolts up pretty easily or wedge a larger version of the 8 from the GS/LS/SCand you would have one hell of an M3 battler
Lexus, are you Listening....Probably not since this is a honda board

Just a thought.

Dan

[Modified by WantingaType-R, 4:47 PM 6/18/2001]
Old 06-22-2001, 12:18 AM
New User

Default Re: Just wanted to say hello (WantingaType-R)

swap out the b16block and get a ls block reuse your oil pump water pump and piston then you'll really feel power want more power get a crv block then some off the v8 can kiss your *** i they can keep up just remember drive it like you'll stole it