Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

just want to point out another place thats bad at business

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just want to point out another place thats bad at business

if this is in the wrong forum feel free to move it...

first, name of the place... driftspeed

anyway, it started off with me wanting an exhaust for my civic... i read up and looked at everything and figured out what 'i' wanted... an a'pexi n1 catback exhaust w/silencer... so i looked around at prices and all the stores online were expensive... so i went to ebay... i found a brand new one for a decent price...

in the fine print it says items listed on ebay may be out of stock and when the auction is won, theyll be reordered... refunds are only available after 30 days if you havent received the product yet...

fair enough... i bid on it and won... total of product + tax + shipping = $474... for a brand new product

after i win the auction, i make the payment within a minute, i receive a successful receipt and everything...

week 1 goes by... no response from them about the order...

week 2 goes by... nothing... i decide to email them...
i leave several messages to the user on ebay and i send several emails to the persons email address... no reply... i go to their website and find a whole bunch of emails... i emailed every address just to be safe... no reply... nothing...

week 3 goes by... i look in paypal and find a phone number listed there... i call the number at 9am, no answer... i call at 9:15, no answer... 9:30, 9:45, 10, 10:15, 10:30, 10:45, 11... no answer... all the way until 12... when theres a sudden change... 12, 12:15, 12:30, 12:45, 1... busy signal... i take a break... i call at 3pm... someone answers... i ask about the status of the product... the guy said it had to be reordered cause it was out of stock... i told him i wanted a refund... he said to call in another week when its been close to 30 days... fair enough

start of second month... i call when its been around 30 days... i ask for a refund... guy says no problem... i check my acct every day for a week... nothing

week two... i call again and ask whats going on... the guy says its in his pile of stuff to do and he'll get right on it and i should have it within a day or two... i check my acct every day for a week... nothing

week three... i call... someone different answers the phone... he says hes the manager and that he let the two previous guys go because they werent doing their job... i felt relief because i thought he was going to get this taken care of... he said he got the paperwork out and he'll have it done that day and i should see it right away... i thought it was all good... i checked my acct every day for a week... nothing

week four... i call... same guy answers... tells me same story about the two people... i ask about it... he says its actually next in his paperwork of things to do a refund of... and that ill definitely see it by the end of the day cause its the next thing hes doing... i check my acct every day for a week... nothing...

now im going to be entering week five... about two months have gone by... im going to call them monday morning... this really sucks

not only did i never get the product, but i never got any confirmation from them that i won the bid, nothing that told me the item was out of stock and they reordered it... no emails of any kind were ever sent to me... basically i thought someone just took the money and ran... then when i finally want a refund... i get jacked around and STILL dont have my money back...

the guy on the phone said my refund was next because of the two guys there was a lot to get done and hes trying to get them done right away so their company doesnt geta bad REP... and then he tells me he'll get it done that same day... and i never got it... they definitely have a bad reputation from me...

i would never deal with them again...
Old 07-25-2004, 05:20 AM

Default Re: just want to point out another place thats bad at business (imk)

Thanks for the heads up, I won't ever use 'em either. And the bad rep has begun.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:21 AM
Premium Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

whoa dude...i just read it all and that blows....then I saw your address Chino Hills and thier address in Westminister. I went to MapQuest and they are located 35 minutes from you....DUDE DRIVE DOWN THERE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!

YOu should have done this after the 30 days expired.

http://www.mapquest.com/direct...c2529
Old 07-25-2004, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to hear that.. that shop is local to me and i been there and met the owner, workers etc. since you are fairly close to there location.. (bolsa & goldenwest) i would recommend you drop by to see what they can do for you.. just wondering... why havent you gone there already ? ive driven further for less as long as its for my car its worth the time. me personally i would have tried to pick it up at the beginning just to save on shipping

Modified by john666 at 9:40 AM 7/25/2004
Old 07-25-2004, 09:06 AM

if you want some good service w/ exaust,rotas,etc.. kiss motorsports has it. they are on top of it the last 4 orders ive made.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo man,
you payed with paypal
i'm pretty damn sure paypal will give you your money back if you never received an item.

they'll give you your money back and freeze the guys paypal account!!

pretty sure you dont even need to have bought the buyer protection for this(buyer protection lets u return what u got if you dont like it).

definetely paypal is setup so if you never receive ANYTHING you get your money back.

yes this company is ****, but dont rely on them for your hard earned cash, concentrate on that first.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

:road trip: :road trip: :road trop: :road trip: :road trip: <yelling animal house style>
Old 07-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yo man,
you payed with paypal
i'm pretty damn sure paypal will give you your money back if you never received an item.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its too late for that. You have 30-days to file a claim with paypal. Makes me wonder if it was a scam all along since the seller stated that they won't refund your money until after 30-days. He has 2 choices now :

1 - file a complaint with ebay, but he won't get all of his money back and it takes time
2 - if he paid with a credit card on paypal, call the credit card company. You typically have 90-days after receiving the statement with the charge to file a complaint. The credit card company will either go after paypal or the guy that he placed the order with.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kommon_sense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kommon_sense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its too late for that. You have 30-days to file a claim with paypal. Makes me wonder if it was a scam all along since the seller stated that they won't refund your money until after 30-days. He has 2 choices now :

1 - file a complaint with ebay, but he won't get all of his money back and it takes time
2 - if he paid with a credit card on paypal, call the credit card company. You typically have 90-days after receiving the statement with the charge to file a complaint. The credit card company will either go after paypal or the guy that he placed the order with.</TD></TR></TABLE>

faawwk,
thats a bummer,
yeah sounds like they were setup to trap u.
i'd say go to your credit car company
unless it was thru ur bank
Old 07-25-2004, 09:49 AM

well... i never thought of driving down there... but still... i shouldn't have to make time and go out of my way just to drive there for their problems or mistakes... i'm the customer... if anything... they should drive to ME and give me the refund

anyway, i'll probably just keep calling everyday next week (not once a week like before) and ask for a refund... if i dont see one by the first of the month, i'm going to contact my credit company and see what we can setup...
Old 07-25-2004, 09:51 AM

if you dont hear anything report that bad buisness thing.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:12 AM

man that sucks just drive down there and give them a pice of your mind.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: (imk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well... i never thought of driving down there... but still... i shouldn't have to make time and go out of my way just to drive there for their problems or mistakes... i'm the customer... if anything... they should drive to ME and give me the refund </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nd4sped &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whoa dude...i just read it all and that blows....then I saw your address Chino Hills and thier address in Westminister. I went to MapQuest and they are located 35 minutes from you....DUDE DRIVE DOWN THERE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!

YOu should have done this after the 30 days expired.

http://www.mapquest.com/direct...c2529</TD></TR></TABLE>

35 minutes to mapquest is like a 20-25 minute drive.....ive driven further to get dinner......DRIVE THERE!!! and get your money or an exhaust
Old 07-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well... i never thought of driving down there... but still... i shouldn't have to make time and go out of my way just to drive there for their problems or mistakes... i'm the customer... if anything... they should drive to ME and give me the refund </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, but that type of thinking won't get your $474 dollars back. You could also file a police report because they have committed fraud... You have given them ample opportunity to handle things. If they are long distance then your phone bill should show when you talked to them and for how long, so you have proof that you have talked with them.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyway, i'll probably just keep calling everyday next week (not once a week like before) and ask for a refund... if i dont see one by the first of the month, i'm going to contact my credit company and see what we can setup...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would call to let them know that you are filing a fraud complaint. They will probably give you another line about refunding, have them refund via paypal while you are on the phone. If they are unwilling, tell them you will take further action. This is ridiculous. I can't stand dealing with bad companies.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kommon_sense)

go knock on some doors
Old 07-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bucbaby)

screw that.....go beat on some faces!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well... i never thought of driving down there... but still... i shouldn't have to make time and go out of my way just to drive there for their problems or mistakes... i'm the customer... if anything... they should drive to ME and give me the refund

anyway, i'll probably just keep calling everyday next week (not once a week like before) and ask for a refund... if i dont see one by the first of the month, i'm going to contact my credit company and see what we can setup...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yo seriously, dont just keep calling and expecting something to change,
they're obviously a non-reputable business, and have been lying to you.

in situations like this time is NOT your friend, you need to ACT as soon as possible.
you already missed your chance with paypal(which would have garaunteed your money back) dont miss out on your chance with your credit card company.

I suggest you call them right now and see what you can do.
make sure you make it clear that you have been scammed and that your not just being impatient.

seriously, people/places like this look for people like you specifically,
they want someone that will treat the situation as if they were dealing with reputable people. they want someone to give them the benifit of the doubt.

it gives them the chance to take your money and head for the hills.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL its only a 35 minute drive, why dont u just drive over there. Obviously calling them multiple times won't solve anything. You might as well just sit there and let them take your money if you're too lazy to go over there and take your money back.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:32 PM
B A N N E D

Damn that sucks hope everything works out.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kaoss_11)

im sorry to hear about what happened

but you have to ask yourself

"self how bad do i want the exhaust or my money, how much does it really mean to me"

if you answer nothing then fine forget about it pay for something u never got and go buy another one and hopefully the same thing wont happen again.

Old 07-25-2004, 04:45 PM

I did the SAME thing from that same shop!!! I needed a new exhaust for my EK and checked eBay. With a few hours left and no bids I bought an A'PEXi N-1 also shipped for $415. After 3 weeks I involved PayPal and they kicked his *** into gear and it was shipped. Should be here tuesady, 4 and a half weeks after I payed for it.

I lost all my patience, especially driving with a hole in the exhaust and ordered an A'PEXi World Sport instead from Robearracing.com Along with a lot of other parts because they seem to have their **** together.

Damn eBay scammers!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:47 PM

i took care of it...

i tried calling them tuesday... i called five times throughout the day and just got an answering machine... leaving a message on the last call... i told them my first name only and the part i ordered (just in case it was wrong number but i doubt it cause i had it saved on my cell phone)... i said theyve been jackin me around too long saying it will get done THAT day but it never does... and that i dont see a refund by the end of the day, im calling my credit company...

well they never called me back or refunded anything... so i called my credit company and told them the story...they credited my account all of the money and some finance charge...

06/04/04 07/05 CREDIT-FINANCE CHARGES ON DISPUTED ITEM $4.42
06/04/04 07/05 CITIBANK CONDITIONAL CREDIT FOR DISPUTE $474.84

they said they'll mail me with the info on the dispute

i feel relief

anyway, dont ever order from that company...
Old 07-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good **** man

at least u got ur money back

ooo btw do u really own all those cars in ur sig

Old 07-30-2004, 07:29 AM

Default Re: just want to point out another place thats bad at business (bonta-kun)

yep
Old 08-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i took care of it...

i tried calling them tuesday... i called five times throughout the day and just got an answering machine... leaving a message on the last call... i told them my first name only and the part i ordered (just in case it was wrong number but i doubt it cause i had it saved on my cell phone)... i said theyve been jackin me around too long saying it will get done THAT day but it never does... and that i dont see a refund by the end of the day, im calling my credit company...

well they never called me back or refunded anything... so i called my credit company and told them the story...they credited my account all of the money and some finance charge...

06/04/04 07/05 CREDIT-FINANCE CHARGES ON DISPUTED ITEM $4.42
06/04/04 07/05 CITIBANK CONDITIONAL CREDIT FOR DISPUTE $474.84

they said they'll mail me with the info on the dispute

i feel relief

anyway, dont ever order from that company...</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats great man,
i'm glad your CC hooked you up

Quick Reply: just want to point out another place thats bad at business