Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

just somethng i was thinking

Old 06-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just somethng i was thinking

should i just sell the zc (sohc) vtec in my car and buy a dohc engine (any)... or just turbo the thing, plus i dont have a ecu for the zc, and i got a P2T ecu lying aroung
Old 06-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just somethng i was thinking (TeamRPM_ZC)

keep and boost it. everyone has a b-series, turbo sohc vtec zc are pretty rare i would have to say... besides, you'd have to change your username if u swapped. haha mine used to be d[sick]sTeena but i swapped in a d15b haha.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just somethng i was thinking (obuhmyuh)

thats what my teammates tell me and tehy all have dohc's, so it would be funy to see a sohc beat a dohc...plus i won't have the money to do all this until after july 15...long story short was caught street racing in friends cae, impound, i got the ticket and total 1,733,,,so i have to wait or sell stuff
Old 06-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha that sucks. u dont necessarily have to boost it to beat a b-series (depending what they have done), but thats the easiest way...
Old 06-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

true, so thanks for the advice
Old 06-29-2008, 12:56 PM

Mike

Just laugh at your buddies 2000$ turbo setup. If they ask why you're laughing just say yours was a quarter of that. B series = overrated, outdated, over done.

Soon it'll be the ricer thing to have.

Mike
Old 06-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamRPM_ZC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats what my teammates tell me and tehy all have dohc's, so it would be funy to see a sohc beat a dohc...plus i won't have the money to do all this until after july 15...long story short was caught street racing in friends cae, impound, i got the ticket and total 1,733,,,so i have to wait or sell stuff</TD></TR></TABLE>

you do realize the zc is a dohc, it just happens to be the only d-series dohc.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just somethng i was thinking (austinkli)

JDM H22a with LSD FTMFW
Old 06-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by austinkli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you do realize the zc is a dohc, it just happens to be the only d-series dohc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_D_engine
Old 06-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it would be nice to have a nasty ZC, I just did a b swap in mine cause it was easy, available, and prefect for a daily driver, If I wasnt driving 100 miles a day Im all about being different
Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by obuhmyuh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_D_engine</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, i thought that all d16's were the same as a zc, but turns out some d16's are sohc and some are dohc.

Now I know! <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GI Joe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and knowing is half the battle! </TD></TR></TABLE>

let me rephrase my earlier post to the op, <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamRPM_ZC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats what my teammates tell me and tehy all have dohc's, so it would be funy to see a sohc beat a dohc...</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by austinkli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you do realize the zc is a dohc, it just happens to be one of the few d-series dohc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

on me for not knowing there was more than one dohc d-series motor.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

on me for not knowing there was more than one dohc d-series motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the ZC is the only dohc d-series, someone correct me if im wrong please, but i believe there are 2 versions, a SOHC VTEC and a DOHC non-VTEC... Confusing I know, the only way I found out was when i tried to call someone one their bullshit and I was very wrong... Once again someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

^^This is all the more reason to keep that motor^^
none of us know anything about it, that's gotta say something.

edit: doing a little more research it looks like there's a sohc non-vtec too, haha. but it looks like the stamp on the block just says ZC, so who knows.

Modified by obuhmyuh at 12:08 PM 6/30/2008
Old 06-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by obuhmyuh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think the ZC is the only dohc d-series, someone correct me if im wrong please, but i believe there are 2 versions, a SOHC VTEC and a DOHC non-VTEC... Confusing I know, the only way I found out was when i tried to call someone one their bullshit and I was very wrong... Once again someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: doing a little more research it looks like there's a sohc non-vtec too, haha. but it looks like the stamp on the block just says ZC, so who knows.

Modified by obuhmyuh at 12:08 PM 6/30/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

i thought the same thing as you, but if you read the wikipedia link obuhmyuh posted, down at the bottom you can read all the d-series motors and it lists the valvetrain for each one. turns out the D16A1, D16A3, D16A8, and the D16A9 are all DOHC, while all the rest of the D16's are all SOHC. Weird huh?
Old 06-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Modified by obuhmyuh at 12:08 PM 6/30/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey wait a minute, you were the one who said i was wrong, wtf, then you proved me wrong, and now you are saying you think i was right....

and i didn't realize that was you. lol. wtf.

op: there is a website called d-series.org where there is a whole forum dedicated to the zc, i suggest checking that out.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey im just trying to post the most accurate data possible. haha. wow there are more d-series engines than i knew... wow.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the zc single cam, they also came in dohc, i know my stuff.. and it has the y8 head for vtec
Old 07-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ShortyzKustomz)

well fpr me i 'm gonna be driving for bout two hours daily and over 250 miles. daily
Old 07-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, i thought that all d16's were the same as a zc, but turns out some d16's are sohc and some are dohc.

Now I know!

let me rephrase my earlier post to the op,

on me for not knowing there was more than one dohc d-series motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

whats what it says on the engine, it just has a zc stamp on it and itz vtec but it looks like a swaped head
Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

u can usually tell by the wiring, because you gotta wire up VTEC.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Trial User

if you do it the right way, it will cost more to turbo-charge an old ZC versus swapping in a B-series with around 40k.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i bought the car like that, and looked at the wiring, and no vtec wiring, its dx wiring, and the vtec solinoids wire cut too. so need a new harness or just kill switch the vtec?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spoot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you do it the right way, it will cost more to turbo-charge an old ZC versus swapping in a B-series with around 40k. </TD></TR></TABLE>

true. but a turbo zc will pwn an n/a and non-built b-series anytime.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:51 AM

Default Re: (obuhmyuh)

true. but a turbo zc will pwn an n/a and non-built b-series anytime.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, i would hope a modded motor would beat a stock one
Old 07-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mikej425)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mikej425 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol, i would hope a modded motor would beat a stock one</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually most modded d-series still cant keep up with a stock b-series, smart ***. these motors are barely effected by "bolt-ons". best bet is to boost.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:09 PM

Default Re: (obuhmyuh)

boost isn't considered a mod?

gtfo douche.

you just made yourself look stupid, i said a modded motor should beat a stock one and since all d series dont come stock with boost, wouldn't that be considered a mod.

lol at you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just somethng i was thinking