Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

just oredered my asr sway bar.....have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just oredered my asr sway bar.....have a few questions

I ordered my asr 24mm sway bar, and my carbing lower tie bar. Can i run both of these with the stock rear lower control arms? I am planning on purchasing some aftermarket lower control arms, but i need to know what brands are compatible with the asr end links.

thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: just oredered my asr sway bar.....have a few questions (Tuner Eddy)

I just did the same thing.. Unless you already have a rear sway you won't have the mounting holes for the end links.. I just bought some stock ones that had them. All the end links should work for whatever lcas
Old 12-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuner Eddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ordered my asr 24mm sway bar, and my carbing lower tie bar. Can i run both of these with the stock rear lower control arms? I am planning on purchasing some aftermarket lower control arms, but i need to know what brands are compatible with the asr end links.

thanks in advance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

unless you have replaced the rear LCA with a set of oem ones (some people do this when doing the rear disc conversion) or already have a stock sway bar, the asr bar and endlinks will not work.

once you get the LCA you have ordered, which should have the holes to support a swaybar, the endlinks should bolt up with no problems!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:19 PM

You have a 2000 Si? Then you will have no problem with stock arms
Old 12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just oredered my asr sway bar.....have a few questions (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

unless you have replaced the rear LCA with a set of oem ones (some people do this when doing the rear disc conversion) or already have a stock sway bar, the asr bar and endlinks will not work.

once you get the LCA you have ordered, which should have the holes to support a swaybar, the endlinks should bolt up with no problems!</TD></TR></TABLE>

my car comes factory with a rear sway bar? so the factory control arms will not work with my asr sway bar?

may the ordering begin.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuner Eddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my car comes factory with a rear sway bar? so the factory control arms will not work with my asr sway bar?

may the ordering begin.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if that is the case, then yes. using the stock locations, you can mount the asr bar right to the factory LCA.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:59 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: just oredered my asr sway bar.....have a few questions (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

once you get the LCA you have ordered, which should have the holes to support a swaybar, the endlinks should bolt up with no problems!</TD></TR></TABLE>

This only applies to 92-95 Civics. The 96-00 Civics all have the provision for swaybar endlinks on the stock rear lower control arms.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: just oredered my asr sway bar.....have a few questions (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This only applies to 92-95 Civics. The 96-00 Civics all have the provision for swaybar endlinks on the stock rear lower control arms.</TD></TR></TABLE>
true that homie.
the only problem u'll run into is the endlink lining up with the holes in the LCAs depending on which car and endlink ure using of course...............soooo, do what i i did and just buy the adjustable blox endlinks for 40bucks and ure golden.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just oredered my asr sway bar.....have a few questions (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This only applies to 92-95 Civics. The 96-00 Civics all have the provision for swaybar endlinks on the stock rear lower control arms.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, i already know this, but when the OP posted i didn't see he had the civic 2000 si on his signature.

earlier today i read his reply:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuner Eddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

may the ordering begin.</TD></TR></TABLE>

which i answered:

if that is the case, then yes. using the stock locations, you can mount the asr bar right to the factory LCA.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

RICHARD! No need for a larger sway bar, I'm gonna beat you next time I come to autox.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: just oredered my asr sway bar.....have a few questions (Umbyman)

Philosofy and Eran summed it up.

Good luck with your install.

Modified by ek forever guy at 8:40 PM 12/21/2007
Old 12-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just oredered my asr sway bar.....have a few questions (ek forever guy)

Tuner Eddy is one of my best friends, I was joking.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Umbyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tuner Eddy is one of my best friends, I was joking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Aha, sorry for the rude post. It was early and I hadn't had my coffee yet. I'll edit it.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Umbyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tuner Eddy is one of my best friends, I was joking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, nice.