Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just got taken like you wouldn't believe!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got taken like you wouldn't believe!!!! [UPDATE]

I was working tonight and went by my storage unit afterwards to put some stuff in it and discovered my lock had been broken and was missing. I opened the door and looked around and all that's left is a box or two of interior parts, a dented up ek hood, a power steering rack, and a bare b18 block. Damn near everything is gone... I lost a set of spoon mirrors, a gsr tranny, a b20z block that I had over $1500 invested in, air bags, a gsr block, a b16 block, two b20 heads and a magnitude of other parts. And the worst thing is that all of the parts aren't even mine... a friend of mine had a bunch of his stuff in it too b/c his dad said our little corner at his shop was growing too fast and we had to get some of it out. And there were so many little things lying around in boxes like arp studs and ecu's and stuff that I can't even begin to list. Bottom line is I got cleaned the hell out!!!

I am so pissed off right now a may just sell my Hondas and buy something noone wants to steal... like a Neon or a Cavelier or a truck or something. It just makes me so angry to have spent all that time and money on stuff like this to have it stolen by some shittless lay about that's too damn lazy to get a real job and buy his own ****!!!

If I ever find out who did this... theyr'e gonna' get touched up real quick like!!!

Modified by nub.96ek at 1:39 PM 1/27/2005
Old 12-10-2004, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got taken like you wouldn't believe!!!! (NUB-96EK)

All I have left is a couple parts in my friends garage that I was too lazy to move... even sadder now isn't it?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got taken like you wouldn't believe!!!! (NUB-96EK)

******* sux...thieves can rot in hell!

someone had to know what was in there...does anyone else know about your storage unit?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:02 AM
my house has wheels on it

damn man, sorry to hear that, i hope you find who did it.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:08 AM

Default Re: (BrokeAssWhiteboy)

bummer...if u find who did it ....touch em up for me too...
damn thieves...i might not know exactly how u feel cuz ur
loss is greater but ...i might have a feeling...sorry to hear it
Old 12-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xkpjokerx)

I have a feeling it might be someone I know or even trust... only a few people even new I had the unit at all.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Re: (xkpjokerx)

Well most storage units have security cameras and you can buy insurance for the storage unit as well. I would start off with the security first, also they might be at fault as well on that one. Almost all have a number you have to punch in to get access as well to even get in the units gates. But it could be someone who works there are they younger kids who work there? Also I guess you didn't get the insurance either, so you stuff didn't mean that much for you to spend 20.00 or less more a month for it. When I moved my furniture and did the storage thing I bought the insurance, the place had cameras, had to punch #'s to even get in. They had 2 pits that ran the place at night when they closed as well. Check into that and file a report with the cops. Who knows it could be covered under you pops homeowners ins also if you tell the cops it was house **** and value. I would call home owners ins co first and see if they cover your **** inside your house that you had in storage. Its a long shot but might be worth a try, tell them it was furniture first and see what they say. I know its not the truth but **** if they would pay to replace my **** I would tell them what ever they want to hear.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:35 AM

Default Re: (NUB-96EK)

It might even be one of your friends that had stuff in there... it's entirely possible.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... THIEVES NEED TO DIE!!! I lost a brand new $8000 motorcycle to thieves this past summer, and have had other **** stolen from my car while I was asleep at home. I hate thieves... I hope you catch them.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cappa)

man, that had to be somebody that knew your **** was there. I have a storage unit too- holding my new engine. Who else knew all your stuff was there? Anybody follow you anytime or something?

I know your pissed but dont go buy a neon or a cavalier. Maybe srt4 neon but thats it.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cappa)

Checking on cameras tom.
Insurance wasn't offered to me at time of rental and didn't think about it at the time so I didn't get it. I don't have home owners either as I live in an apartment complex. You do have to punch a code to enter the gates though so maybe I'm not completely screwed.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The town I live in is pretty small and the scene is even smaller by comparison, so if u have nice stuff on ur car it gets noticed pretty quickly... especially when u r 1 of about maybe 6 people who stay away from the compact isle at advance. Idiot kids start asking questions and if the wrong people find out what u have they tell everyone they know.

And I haven't ruled out the fact that it's someone I know or even maybe hang out with... I am prepared to handle it accordingly no matter who it was.

This town also talks alot so even if the storage rental co. or the police can't really help me the odds of people keeping their mouth shut is pretty slim.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:08 AM

damn that sucks man. I hope you find out who it was. Hopefully its someone that has a big mouth and tells everyone he knows. Theives need to be shot and killed on site
Old 12-10-2004, 03:41 AM

That's horrible. I use a garage in an apt complex and I am the only one with the key to the padlock and I still worry. I hope you either get your stuff back or "something" in return.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:18 AM
foz

Default Re: (techn!que)

that sux... my condolences

Old 12-10-2004, 04:25 AM
Electrician

Old 12-10-2004, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dimi)

give us the word when you check the cameras
Old 01-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (R-starr*)

UPDATE!!!

Been a while since all my **** went missing... looked at video and all it revealed was that a truck w/ no tags tailgated another customer into the gate. BUT... I did get some of my stuff back... the idiot thieves posted most of my stuff up for sale in the classifieds of a local forum. The forum is set up kind of like this one but it is for any car or performance vehicle... very broad... anyway the kid placed a FS thread, everything seemed to be too perfect but I responded anyway and met him at his house w/ an off duty cop that's a friend of mine and got back most of the more costly things that were stolen like my block, header, couple of ecu's... **** like that. Turns out the kid was under age so they can't really do all that much that will affect him which sucks... but at least I got some sort of retribution - even if it wasn't sending him to the "house of ***-rapings".
Old 01-27-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: (nub.96ek)

NICE!!!

well since you know who it is and where he lives, trash his car or whatever it is to the point that its totaled.

SUE THE ************'S FAMILY IF YOU CAN!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:49 PM

whoa dude good to hear.did you get back at least half of your ****?
Old 01-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea you should just ruin that kids life. or get his birthday and as soon as he is of age just roll up and beat the living **** out of him.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Just got taken like you wouldn't believe!!!! (eJone powereD)

ROT IN ******* HELL THIEVES!!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got taken like you wouldn't believe!!!! (litterbox)

I'm gonna go back to his house tonight and take all his lugs off and fill his muffler w/ potatos
Old 01-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PHOBIA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PHOBIA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whoa dude good to hear.did you get back at least half of your ****? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Got back all the big stuff... b20 and b16 block, couple heads and ecu's and brake parts and stuff. The little **** was easy for him to sell but motor parts and brake parts and stuff is hard to sell where I live b/c no one wants to spend any $ [that's why he stole my ****] and no one knows how to work on their own car. I honestly know every kid where I live that has a motor swap... most people here would rather have an in dash dvd player tha a new motor.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:31 PM

What an awesome ending. I seriously do hope you **** him up and/or his car.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (project98civic)

dam you got lucky, i kno some people that got there stuff stolen like that and never saw there stuff again on getting it back

Quick Reply: Just got taken like you wouldn't believe!!!!