Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

just finshed a swap, i have a few problems

Old 01-19-2008, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just finshed a swap, i have a few problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i put a SOHC zc in my 95 civic, i mated it up with a manual tranny out of a 97 civic i got from dartingd which came from a d16y8 has 136k miles with "no grinds". i switched over my clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate.
it has cranked... 6 problems
1) the o2 sensor that advanced gave me is the wrong one
2) sounds like its skipping a beat
3) the small horizontal hole(looks like a hose hooks up to it) above where my CAI hooks up. not sure if it has a hose that supposed to connect
4) the vertical hole right at the base of the intake manifold(where it meets the block) is same deal as #3
5)one of the hoses coming off of where the heater core is on the firewall , idk where its supposed to hook up to
6) its stuck in a gear, i can tell that the clutch is engaging because when i press in on it the rotors stop spinning but none the less it is still stuck.
some one help me
Old 01-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just finshed a swap, i have a few problems (korilee13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by korilee13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i put a SOHC zc in my 95 civic, i mated it up with a manual tranny out of a 97 civic i got from dartingd which came from a d16y8 has 136k miles with "no grinds". i switched over my clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate.
it has cranked... 6 problems
1) the o2 sensor that advanced gave me is the wrong one
2) sounds like its skipping a beat
3) the small horizontal hole(looks like a hose hooks up to it) above where my CAI hooks up. not sure if it has a hose that supposed to connect
4) the vertical hole right at the base of the intake manifold(where it meets the block) is same deal as #3
5)one of the hoses coming off of where the heater core is on the firewall , idk where its supposed to hook up to
6) its stuck in a gear, i can tell that the clutch is engaging because when i press in on it the rotors stop spinning but none the less it is still stuck.
some one help me </TD></TR></TABLE>

1. - Uhhhh go get the right one. What are you looking for here, sympathy?

2. Skipping a beat? You mean a misfire?

3. Small horizontal hole above where your CAI hooks up... do you mean on the throttle body?

4. Sounds like a missing IAT sensor possibly? Depending on where it is..

5. Both go to the block in different places. You should have a valve assembly with one line, and the other goes straight to the block IIRC.

6. Stuck in a gear... did you use the clutch alignment tool? Are you -certain- it's not clutch related? Did you check the cable for binding?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1. go back to advance and exchange for the right sensor.

2. skipping a beat? be more specific. missfire?

3. that hole/nipple hooks up to the breather vent off the valve cover.

4. that nipple is for your PCV valve, behind the motor, under the intake manifold, next to the oil filter. look for a black box back there.

5. that hose hooks up to one of your ports on your thermostat housing depending on which hose it is, be more specific, the hose with the valve on it or no valve? dont hook that up you wont get heat! and you'll have a big leak!.

6. bleed your clutch.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:24 AM

Default Re: just finshed a swap, i have a few problems (Dramier)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dramier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

1. - Uhhhh go get the right one. What are you looking for here, sympathy?

2. Skipping a beat? You mean a misfire?

3. Small horizontal hole above where your CAI hooks up... do you mean on the throttle body?

4. Sounds like a missing IAT sensor possibly? Depending on where it is..

5. Both go to the block in different places. You should have a valve assembly with one line, and the other goes straight to the block IIRC.

6. Stuck in a gear... did you use the clutch alignment tool? Are you -certain- it's not clutch related? Did you check the cable for binding?</TD></TR></TABLE>
1) sorry was just listing all the problems i had

2)not so much, almost sounds like a lobe as if i had a cam or one of the cylinders possibly wasnt firing

3&4)yes'sir btw when i say hole, i mean like the male end of a connection for a hose hole. not a sensor type "hole"

5) ok, could this hose possibly lead two one of 3 or 4

6) i had already bled the clutch, so thats not it, and no i didnt use the clutch alignment tool, but never have with tranny swaps and had no problems. i'm not sure if i have a hydro or cable. w/e came in 95 ex manual coupe, i havent changed

Old 01-19-2008, 07:06 AM

Default Re: just finshed a swap, i have a few problems (Dramier)

bump
Old 01-19-2008, 02:03 PM

ttt. help me people, please. my main concern is the transmission
Old 01-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b16nintyfivecoupe)

wait so you bled your clutch and your asking if your have hydro or cable linkage? ........
Old 01-19-2008, 05:11 PM

Default Re: (92bubble)

okay, well everything is fixed besides the transmission issue. i took out the cv axles and took off the shift linkage got someone to press in the clutch and forced it out of gear. it's still hard to shift through 1st and 2nd, i think a lil more oil should fix it. if someone has a better idea of how to fix my problem, please let me know, im taking a break for a couple hours, so ya'll let me know.