Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just a few minor questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a few minor questions.

Well, I didnt do swap, the engine wasent what i thought, not worth the bs hasel for a crapy engine. (87-88 teg engin Ls into my 93 Del Sol Si)

NE-wayz, I am fixing trany (by the way, when i took it apart it seemed like it blew up or somthing, lol. so many broken pieces of metal were just sitting around.) and I order an exedy clutch kit (organic)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

and I ordered a dual core raid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

and I was going to order a ACT Streetlite flywheel but thanks to SPE racing(from other forum) explaning them to me better; I didnt. (THANKS!!!!)

I installed a short shifter

and,
ne-wayz,

I have decided to finish my trany fixing/upgrading. And I am going to put a Zex nitrous kit on and call it good. ( I want to save for a bike ) Now, I already told my self i wanted a dry kit. But when I thought about it. I really dont know the diff between a dry and a wet nitrous kit. I KNOW i want zex just because it is safe, but, does anyone really know what the diff is?

maybe pros and cons on each...?

Just Curious, cause they are cheaper than a turbo or what not but there still not cheap. I just want to make sure im going to be happy with my choice.

I am going to get bottle opener and kit then later when i get more cash get purge just to look all kinds a cool. lol. (rice, he he)

And now that my engine and trany are basicly out, what easy engine mods would anyone recomend thats not too expensive? SPE said somthing about after market motor mounts to be more stable.

cams, cam gears, fuel upgrades???

and also, I am looking into upgrading my ECU.

any thoughts on this? I can either buy a ECU in whole or just buy the chip to add to mine (chip hella cheaper) and sujestions? I know little to nothing about ECU upgrades, they almost sound too good to be true. (VTEC at 4400, red line at 9k+, 15-20+hp, ect)

so if ECU upgrades are bad tell me. Just curious how a chip can make a Engine redline at 9k+ an not hurt it....wierd.....

newayz, thank you for takin the time to read this. I just have the money and the engine apart and **** so I want to do every thing at once. he he

-Frost
Old 11-01-2003, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just a few minor questions. (Frostedsol)

I would try the F/I forum for all of your Nitrous questions. I would love to help you, but know absolutely jack crap about nitrous.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Just a few minor questions. (Ricey McRicerton)

know anything about ECU upgrade? im really liking that idea, (if it were safe)

-Frost
Old 11-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just a few minor questions. (Frostedsol)

Okay, after re-reading the post, I would suggest a turbo but ONLY after you have done as much research as you can and have learned as much as you can. Read Maximum Boost by Corky Bell and read every thread you can in the FI forum. N20 is okay, but a turbo is power all the time on demand whereas nitrous is only power when you spray. An upgraded ECU won't help very much on a stock motor. If you upgrade to FI, or build a nasty NA setup up you WILL NEED tuning (ex Hondata, Uberdata, VAFC Hack). Fact of the matter is, you can raise your rev limiter to 9k, but your valvetrain cannot handle it and you won't make any power up that high anyway. As for cheap upgrades, search for posts that start with DIY. You can fill your motor mounts with stuff that you can get from Home Depot and have the same thing as stiffer motor mounts. Best of luck to you, and I suggest you read as much as you can on here before you spend your money on anything.