Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

just dropped my n/a motor into my eg si and having isuues.need suggestions and help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just dropped my n/a motor into my eg si and having issues.need suggestions and help.

i just dropped in my n/a motor which consists of this

1st gen b16 head
jun dual valve springs
crower retainers
5 angle valve job etc...
valve adjustment
skunk2 i/m
jdm itr t/b
ctr cams
2 piece spoon headgasket
aem cam gears
head was just milled to clean
95 gsr block
jdm standard p30 pistons
hastings piston rings
arp rod bolts
kms block guard
micro polished crank
acl main/rod bearings
99 us itr tranny

now when i 1st cranked and started the car it would die out.then as i kept trying to get it to idle it woul idle good for a couple of seconds and then slowly die out.then i started to mess around with the vacumes and when i pulled of the the purge solonoid hose it would idle better and would not die out untill i reved the motor a bit.my homie at b-series messed around with it and got it to idle good enough to drive but then i noticed that there was a lot of smoke coming out of the valve cover, where you connect the hose to the intake and they said it was sometimes ok for it to smoke a bit of noticeable smoke, on my other build ups that never really happened.next thing was i took of a spark plug checked the tdc too see if i skipped timing but it looked ok, then i looked to see the pistons and i noticed they where a bit soaked in oil.now i know why im smoking a bit but after a couple drives the pistons should have dried from this oil but no.so im thinking of taking of the head and see whats going on or pull the motor and go over everything from the block to the head.i forgot i also honed the block but it was jus a quick 3 ups and downs in each cylinder but ill never now if i by any chance i over honed but i think it would be impossible or maybe the piston rings could have something to do about this.but i don't know about the motor turning off when all the vacumes are correctly plugged?need help / suggestion quick...
Old 09-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just dropped my n/a motor into my eg si and having issues.need suggestions and help. (aser1z)

honestly with a fresh setup like that i would yank the motor out take a good look over it then reinstall. sounds like a problem that will fu** u later on if not taken care of now
Old 09-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just dropped my n/a motor into my eg si and having issues.need suggestions and help. (postman)

yeah i was thinking of pulling of the motor and going over everything but my friends tell me to take of the head clean the pistons put an oem honda headgasket time the motor again and see if oil still drips into the pistons.