Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

just curious........how easy is it to install a door??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just curious........how easy is it to install a door??

some turd decided to bash in my door last nite (i bashed in his face today ) and i dont wanna go thru insurance cuz i've already had 2 vandalizim (?) reports and i dont want my insurance to go up anymore........my point is, has anyone here taken out there door and put a new one on?? if you have, was it hard?
Old 06-20-2002, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just curious........how easy is it to install a door?? (CrOmEdOmEcHaMbEr)

You'll prolly need a little help to hold it and line it up but all in all it is pretty straight forward.

Miguel
Old 06-20-2002, 08:48 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: just curious........how easy is it to install a door?? (CrOmEdOmEcHaMbEr)

some turd decided to bash in my door last nite (i bashed in his face today ) and i dont wanna go thru insurance cuz i've already had 2 vandalizim (?) reports and i dont want my insurance to go up anymore........my point is, has anyone here taken out there door and put a new one on?? if you have, was it hard?
not to hard at all we put ex doors on my roomates hatch so he could have p/w, p/m and p/l... a whole door might be expensive but make turd pay for it or bash his face in again.. how bad is the dent? you might be able to get a place like dent masters pop it out once you remove the interior part of the door and roll the window up and they do a great job also..
Old 06-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's easy...swapping the guts is a bitch though...easy, but time consuming. Puttin the door on is really easy, get an extra hand if you can.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:01 PM

Default Re: just curious........how easy is it to install a door?? (madtownhonda)

Buy the parts from a honda dealership because if you get a Taiwanese reproduction all the gaps will look like crap.
Old 06-21-2002, 05:47 AM

Not hard, just get a buddy to help you. Go to a junker to get the door. I can get doors where I live for like 75 bucks.
Old 06-23-2002, 03:41 PM

Default Re: just curious........how easy is it to install a door?? (95CivicEX)

i was just wondering how much it would cost for doors like that? p/w, p/l, p/m... i got a 92 hatch Si... i want to put doors wit p/w and p/l and i was wondering if its possible to get p/w installed? i kno you can do p/l's and the costs for a pw's to install if its possible? i already have p/m's though... also wondering about the best interior paint u can buy any suggestions?

not to hard at all we put ex doors on my roomates hatch so he could have p/w, p/m and p/l... a whole door might be expensive but make turd pay for it or bash his face in again.. how bad is the dent? you might be able to get a place like dent masters pop it out once you remove the interior part of the door and roll the window up and they do a great job also..
Old 06-23-2002, 03:53 PM

Default Re: just curious........how easy is it to install a door?? (Zamir)

You can swap doors from an EX to a Hatch? KOOL! Can you do the same with the EK Hatch? Cus i hate cars without p/w and p/l.