Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just converted back to hondas.....damn dsm's suck!!!!Need a little bit of help guys.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:00 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just converted back to hondas.....damn dsm's suck!!!!Need a little bit of help guys.

Ok so here it goes I just recently picked up a 96 civic ex coupe with about 96 thousand miles on it and ive been looking for a write up on a h22 swap but cant seem to find it.... it may be user error for me not finding it so can anyone help me out really quick??? any help will be greatly appreciated,....
Old 06-27-2007, 05:08 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Just converted back to hondas.....damn dsm's suck!!!!Need a little bit of help guys. (CIVICLUDE)

You should look into h2b.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1998426

Basic H swap info
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=362984

More h2b info.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just converted back to hondas.....damn dsm's suck!!!!Need a little bit of help guys. (ek forever

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You should look into h2b.

Basic H swap info
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=362984

More h2b info.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-27-2007, 05:49 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Just converted back to hondas.....damn dsm's suck!!!!Need a little bit of help guys. (ek forever

thanks for the help guys but i looked over those links and none of them said anything about a complete write up for the swap...i know its here because I saw it a couple months ago when i was thinking of getting the EK...i saved it on my computer but yea it crashed a couple months ago...
Old 06-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Just converted back to hondas.....damn dsm's suck!!!!Need a little bit of help guys. (CIVICLUDE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CIVICLUDE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok so here it goes I just recently picked up a 96 civic ex coupe with about 96 thousand miles on it and ive been looking for a write up on a h22 swap but cant seem to find it.... it may be user error for me not finding it so can anyone help me out really quick??? any help will be greatly appreciated,.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

A car is what you make of it, don't say DSMs suck, half of the "home made turbos" run DSM turbos.

Look at me, I'm dropping money left and right on my Hondas. Some people have good luck with some cars and will buy them again, some people don't.

Right now I'm too frustrated with Honda to say anything good about them.

An e-brake cable for my "00 Jetta was ~20 bucks FROM THE DEALERSHIP. For my '97 EX they want 75/pc from the dealership, 92 for both from hondapartsdeals.com, totaling to 110.

Fu<u></u>ck.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: Just converted back to hondas.....damn dsm's suck!!!!Need a little bit of help guys. (Syndacate)

Swaps are easy, I was giving you links to show you the advantages of doing h2b over a regular H swap.

Read it!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:30 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Swaps are easy, I was giving you links to show you the advantages of doing h2b over a regular H swap.

Read it!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea when I searched they came up there good write ups..but I dug a little deeper and found what I was looking for...thanks for the help tho man I really appreciate it...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A car is what you make of it, don't say DSMs suck, half of the "home made turbos" run DSM turbos.

Look at me, I'm dropping money left and right on my Hondas. Some people have good luck with some cars and will buy them again, some people don't.

An e-brake cable for my "00 Jetta was ~20 bucks FROM THE DEALERSHIP. For my '97 EX they want 75/pc from the dealership, 92 for both from hondapartsdeals.com, totaling to 110.

Fu<u></u>ck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

holy crap they taxing just cuz its a honda...wow...I had a talon TSI and man sooo many problems and they give you hell when working on them...I had my crankcase gasket go out on me and you have to take apart basically the whole motor just to change it...thats why im sticking to the honda's for now until I save up the money to get a FD...all im planing for my civic is H22 swap and maybe some laughing gas at around 75 shot....I know im going to need a mild build for my motor but im going to worry about that when its all said and done...anyone have experience with NOS on a H22?? their limits, capabilities???
Old 06-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2006239 check this thread out, just for some input of other people's set-ups. And apparently the h2b swaps are extremely impressive, especially their numbers at the track and how they feel on the street. I've never driven one, but i'm pretty sure it would feel much better than a B series. Ek forever guy has driven them, ask him how it feels.

and personally, i would never put nitrous to any one of my cars. I don't like the idea of it, probably i'd end up abusing by accident and blow my motor up.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Ek Forever y0!

The first h2b I drove was stock with a header and a stock muffler, Scared the ever-living-**** out of me.

Thus, I digress.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:30 AM
* B A N N E D *

yea I've thought about that situation in blowing my motor on nitrous and knowing my heavy foot I would be spraying every race....I really just want a nice quick daily driver...I've been thinking about higher compression and cams but for the money I would spend on that setup I might as well go turbo...I've heard mixed reviews on the H2B conversion...some people say its great and some people say that for the money its over rated..me im still in limbo I think I would have to see the conversion in person to make my decision...but for 1500 bucks(thats the price I was told) I think it's worth it...b series tranny=stronger which means more power!! EK forever did you drive a hatch or a coupe and if so what was the big difference you notice with the conversion?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Ek Forever y0!

I've priced out an h2b, for $3500 + Maybe $500 in tools, I can put it in myself and run mid 12's.

How is it overrated?

I drove two eg hatches with h2b's. One is now running low 11's N/a with just bolt ons and some stage 2 cams and a good tune.

$1200 - longblock from hmotors
$800 qsd h2b kit.
$600-800- b series trany

and the rest is for tools/misc parts and adapter brackets.

Most of the h2b'ers I've talked to have claimed the swap is as easy as a b swap, one even said it's easier.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Just converted back to hondas.....damn dsm's suck!!!!Need a little bit of help guys. (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Fu<u></u>ck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/home.htm