Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just bought an aem cold air for my type r motor, have questions on fitment on an eg/eh or whatever i

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an aem cold air for my type r motor, have questions on fitment on an eg/eh or whatever i

hey guys,

i asked this question a while back without a clear answer. Now that i have bought the cold air( will be here monday morning) . i am going to install it and want to know if the 3" diameter of the pipe will clear the whole that is in the engine bay where the cold air goes...? i do not want to run it behind my fan or anything. i want it to go in the place it's supposed to. so what kind of info, pics, comments, suggestions or anything i should look out for can you guys give me about this subject? id really appreciate it. p.s. i know a lot of guys have done this so i know it's possible. please share
Old 01-11-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Just bought an aem cold air for my type r motor, have questions on fitment on an eg/eh or whatev

the intake will fit very well, EXCEPT the little bracket on the piping will not line up with any existing bolt holes under the hood, so securing it well may be a chore. at least that's the way it is on my friend's 92-95 cx hatch. i would assume they're all the same under the hood.
Old 01-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Just bought an aem cold air for my type r motor, have questions on fitment on an eg/eh or whatev

the intake will fit very well, EXCEPT the little bracket on the piping will not line up with any existing bolt holes under the hood, so securing it well may be a chore. at least that's the way it is on my friend's 92-95 cx hatch. i would assume they're all the same under the hood.
Reread his question. He's asking if it will route through the hole that the civic cold air intakes do.

The answer is "No". The 3" ITR AEM cai will route down behind your radiator.
It will not go the other way.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:03 PM
New User

my engine b18c/skunk man.. with type-r

[Modified by SleeperEG6, 10:04 PM 1/11/2003]

[Modified by SleeperEG6, 10:05 PM 1/11/2003]
Old 01-11-2003, 06:07 PM

my friend just tried it in his EK hatch and there is a bolt down for it, just lettign all of you with 96+ hybrids know that an ITR swap with AEM works!

Old 01-12-2003, 02:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yours does not go through the hole does it?

is there anyway to drill the hole in the engine bay to a bigger size so the piping would fit through it? my question is, the hole is not big enough or the piping itself doesnt go that way because the frame is different than a type r? get what im saying? is the shape not made to go through the hole? thanks guys, appreciate the help
Old 01-12-2003, 10:32 AM

I have not seen a EG Hatch with a Type R Motor that routes the pipe through the hole. I've only seen them routed behind the radiator. You would probably need to get a custom made pipe and cut the hole larger if you want to install the intake like that. Otherwise stick with running it behind the radiator. Good luck.