Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just bought a 94 Del Sol, where to go?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 94 Del Sol, where to go?

OK Guys, I just picked up a 94 Del Sol Si with the factory D16Z6. It's bone stock and is the first Honda I've ever owned. So my question is whats a good direction to go in as far as getting the most out of this thing? What would be better ,a complete engine swap,or just tear this thing down and fully rebuild it with upgraded internals and boost it? My goal is to have thi thing on the track here at Summit Point by Spring so time is not an issue. Like I said this is my first Honda so take it easy guys.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:14 AM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just bought a 94 Del Sol, where to go?

Is this your first time on a forum, as well? Here's some reading for you.

Read this, then read this, and finally, read this.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:31 AM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I appreciate that you decided to PM me for clarification, some things need to be said publicly.

Originally Posted by Goodolboy25
I did read them and still don't see your issue.
You're new to this, so I'm trying to be nice. With how many chucklefucks we see on a daily basis, me being nice is rare. Please read this carefully, and try to absorb the advice.

The very first piece of etiquette, in the very first link.

1. Read the forums rules and guidelines before posting for the first time.
It's obvious you haven't done that, because if you had, you would have noticed this, straight from the second link I gave you, which is the rules of this subforum...

Forbidden thread and post topics
Opinion polls lacking technical merit
The first item is literally #1 on the page I linked you, and is also common internet/forum etiquette (netiquette). Since this is your first forum, I would recommend highly that you read over that page, extensively. The second item is bolded, bright red, and in the sticky thread entitled "Rules, Thread Titles, Car Information, Searching, Trial Users, and Picture Posting" (sticky threads will always be at the top of a subforum, and are highlighted in a different color to be recognized). The big word that should catch your eye there is "Rules". They aren't recommendations, they aren't helpful tips, they aren't fluffy clouds made to make you feel at ease. They are rules. They are the laws of this subforum. If you drive past a cop going 10 over, you're going to get a speeding ticket. If you post without following the rules, you're going to get your thread locked, and possibly catch an infraction. Catch too many speeding tickets, and your license gets revoked. Catch too many, or too severe an infraction, and you'll be banned. Very few people work very hard to keep the 5G/6G subforum clean, functional, and easy to browse for new people like yourself who may need help and advice. Without those rules, and those few highly underappreciated people, this subforum would quickly turn into a complete and total shitfest. Disregarding the rules is similar to slapping those few people across the face, and is not only bad netiquette, it's just flat out disrespectful.

The final link is the FAQ sticky. FAQ isn't an internet-specific abbreviation - it stands for Frequently Asked Questions. Your question boils down to "What should I do?", which is the absolute most asked question anywhere on these forums. Few people have put many hours into compiling that list of frequently asked questions, and many people have put MANY hours into the information available in that list. Once again, deciding to completely skip that thread is a slap in the face to everyone involved in the FAQ sticky. The people involved in that sticky thread, both in creating it and contributing to it, are some of the most knowledgeable members on this forum, and are the last people you want to be insulting.

You say you're new to this, and I'm willing to give you the benefit of a doubt. You started off poorly, but there is still time to improve. Follow simple netiquette, follow the rules, and you'll be able to learn anything you could possibly imagine here. We have some of the best minds in the Honda world for everything from simple, OEM maintenance to the most intense, high speed, best performing cars on the roads and race tracks today. If we didn't want to help, we wouldn't be here, but some kind of order needs to be maintained, or everything would quickly devolve into white noise and monkeys flinging ****.

Please don't contribute to the white noise and poo flinging.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

OP - please carefully read the Rules sticky and then do some FAQs sticky homework. This will surely allow you to develop some very specific tech questions that will be worthy of a thread.