Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

just blew my engine

Old 07-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (puffed rice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by puffed rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> WHAT OK YEAHHHHHH. NICE CONSTRUCTIVE POST VERY HELPFUL. im sure the car owner appreciates you calling his turbo d **** poorly boosted. some of you b owners are just too good for the world and your cars are the best and fastest no doubt. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Obviosuly you didn't get the point of my post, did you? There is a difference between doing something "half ***" and doing something correctly. This person obviously just tossed on a turbo and never bothered to tune it for crap. It was done cheaply and is thus considered by myself (and I am sure others) as "**** poorly boosted"... Was I clear enough that time?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NLR808)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NLR808 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hybrid93Eg To bad with the setup i had it used to eat gsr integras and b16 hatches

Did you not read i could see oil in the exhaust and my turbo wouldn't boost on the drive home</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you beat a few hatches and gsr's... whooopty. GSR's are slow, and so are most "B16 hatches"... Race something that is setup properly and you'll be going home with your tail between your legs.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if he had a b16?

my first urge is to just smash you with facts and tidbits about how much faster a turbo d setup is than any b16 n/a setup.

but ignorance is bliss so i'll let you have your fun.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, go ahead. Show me your abundance of facts, please. Lets see how far you get. Prolly about as far down the track as you got before your wonderfull contraption devoured itself... huh?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FMIDRC Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FMIDRC Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if nothing. and what about the crx's with boost? allot of people think that the b is a auto go fast swap and that then adding a turbo or nitrous will make it faster or a kill a d series motor. there are a ton of dual cam swapped honda's around here and there are only about 5 that i can think of that are faster than me. when i beat poeple with dual can swaps and they found out that i have a single cam they can't beleive it. then when i tell them how much i spent on they freak out. i haven't spent even half what a crappy b16a swap cost. just think if i built my motor and actually got a decent turbo. then i would be at the cost of a b swap and be a hell of allot faster. keep in mind that this is my daily driver and it's not my race car. if it was my race car then i would have gone with the b.......maybe.

oh yeah and i just bought a set of vitara pistons to. can't beat a set of new pistons and rings for $123 shipped. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I like how all you ignorant homos like to keep everything one sided... You do realize that just like a cheap turbo setup that is half assed on a D series, there are many cheap *** half put together B series swaps as well, right? I mean, I know countless people in this are who think a stock P28 will work just fine for thier newly swapped GSR engine. They just can't quite figure out why it tosses codes and never has the CEL off. They figure all swaps are "supposed" to be that way. Does this mean that all swaps are heaps? No... Does this mean all turbo D series are slow? No. Please, take time to relaize I am not knocking the whole idea entirely. I just feel that if your going to do something, you shouldn't half *** it. You guys just come in here with your dicks swinging back and forth thinking you have the answer to all of the b series owners who "think they are king". You have talked a lot of ****, but obviously don't know what your talking about. Lets see some times from these all mightly setups you bring in here threatening to "smoke" my hatch with. You don't even know what my hatch has or what it runs, just that for some reason you feel your dick is larger then mine so you need to show me up with your turbo'd d series. Quit posting "should have runs" and lets see some numbers out of these things. Show me how vastly superior the setup is over the B series. Come with facts, not with large mouths.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:26 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Hybrid93Eg)

dude as far as I see it, you got some serious problems. something brings you down in life so you are trying to make your b series the top of the crop. yeah you can build some b series that put out 200+ hp. But just add up all that you spent on it, and you will be able to buy a hatch with a d series and turbo it. Just lay off the case.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, go ahead. Show me your abundance of facts, please. Lets see how far you get. Prolly about as far down the track as you got before your wonderfull contraption devoured itself... huh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope
Old 07-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ABK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude as far as I see it, you got some serious problems. something brings you down in life so you are trying to make your b series the top of the crop. yeah you can build some b series that put out 200+ hp. But just add up all that you spent on it, and you will be able to buy a hatch with a d series and turbo it. Just lay off the case.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no issues.. You guys are just close minded. I am not arguing that a D series turbo is crap. I KNOW its cheaper then an all motor B series.. To think anything else would be foolish of me. I used to have a boosted D series, then a boosted B series, now an all motor B series. I am just sharing my opinion on which I think is the best setup from experience. Cost is not the point. This arguement started from the typical "I own a d series turbo and can smoke ANY hatch or GSR out there" mentality.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did anyone say that? are you retarded?

I know a turbo gsr or turbo b16 could have beaten me and what the hell are you trying to say?
Old 07-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NLR808 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did anyone say that? are you retarded?

I know a turbo gsr or turbo b16 could have beaten me and what the hell are you trying to say?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh my god... This is like trying to talk to a wall. Well, no **** a turbo B could have smoked you, but so could an NA B. Get it?
Old 07-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have no issues.. You guys are just close minded. I am not arguing that a D series turbo is crap. I KNOW its cheaper then an all motor B series.. To think anything else would be foolish of me. I used to have a boosted D series, then a boosted B series, now an all motor B series. I am just sharing my opinion on which I think is the best setup from experience. Cost is not the point. This arguement started from the typical "I own a d series turbo and can smoke ANY hatch or GSR out there" mentality.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah dude...

were all closed minded and you're the only open minded one of the bunch..

riight..
ABK knows plenty,
and he knows someone with issues when he sees one,
as do I.

sorry about the Stalking before,
but seriously.. ur trippin
Old 07-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh my god... This is like trying to talk to a wall. Well, no **** a turbo B could have smoked you, but so could an NA B. Get it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, are you on crack? you are coming up with **** on your own. i never said that my car could or would smoke anything. i just said what i did beat and i even gave a video to back it up and then you still talk **** about that. no matter what you are just gonna run your mouth. btw i have only had the car to the track once since i put the turbo on. i ran a 9.3 @ almost 80 mph if i remeber right. i don't have the timeslip in front of me right now cause i just moved. anyways a 9.3 isn't the fastest time in the world but it gets the job done for now. keep in mind to that i'm still not tuned. oh yeah and as far as half assing ****, where did you come up with someone is half assing anything? just cause my car is untuned now doesn't mean it's half assed. when you first put your car together was it tuned right away? i have only had the turbo on for 2,000 miles and i play with it a little here and there and it keeps getting better and better. i still think my car runs good for what it is and as long as there is still people out there with your attitude, i will keep making their jaws drop when i pop the hood and show them a stock single cam motor with a cheap *** greddy turbo kit on it.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FMIDRC Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FMIDRC Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dude, are you on crack? you are coming up with **** on your own. i never said that my car could or would smoke anything. i just said what i did beat and i even gave a video to back it up and then you still talk **** about that. no matter what you are just gonna run your mouth. btw i have only had the car to the track once since i put the turbo on. i ran a 9.3 @ almost 80 mph if i remeber right. i don't have the timeslip in front of me right now cause i just moved. anyways a 9.3 isn't the fastest time in the world but it gets the job done for now. keep in mind to that i'm still not tuned. oh yeah and as far as half assing ****, where did you come up with someone is half assing anything? just cause my car is untuned now doesn't mean it's half assed. when you first put your car together was it tuned right away? i have only had the turbo on for 2,000 miles and i play with it a little here and there and it keeps getting better and better. i still think my car runs good for what it is and as long as there is still people out there with your attitude, i will keep making their jaws drop when i pop the hood and show them a stock single cam motor with a cheap *** greddy turbo kit on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, yeah, I did head to the dyno. Did my own tunning, dropped $200 in the process. Anything else you wish to add?
Old 07-28-2004, 12:38 AM

umm.. calm the f@ck down dude... I was saying on his next go around he should buy a B16!

Take some Midol!

And to the other dude talking about hatin.

For the record.. I'm not hatin on SOHC's.. I'm runnin one Turbo'ed in a EG and the bitch runs nicely. As well as some NA'ed B16's & a B18 in 3 EF9's. Quit assuming thingz.

Old 07-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually, yeah, I did head to the dyno. Did my own tunning, dropped $200 in the process. Anything else you wish to add?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i am ti=uning my own ****. i'm also not going to go throw $200 away for a couple hours on the dyno. i'm gonna make sure that as i add stuff ot my car or if i get a hair up my *** and think that i can pull some more power out of it then i will be able to tune right there. that's why i'm buying a wideband and useing uberdata.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:53 PM

you want to stick with that d series and buiild it. dont skimp on fuel management either, if you cant afford to get your car tuned by a good tuner with a good ems then keep the boost down until you can. but n/a b16 is def. not the way to go. bummer about your experience but i have seen some kick *** d series turbos.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:06 PM

yeah i hear you. your a hater. you have been sippin hater aid.blah blabity bla "this is gay" "you homos" blah n/a b series are the best not a stupid snail on a sohc blah blah oooh look i dropped 200$$$ on dyno tuning . every post you have made in this thread has been an attempt to prop yourself up at the expense of some on else. you suck. i dont care what you drive or what you know.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:36 PM

Puffed Rice.... Your ******* halarious! LMAO! Blah bliddity blah blah.. hahahahah..
Old 07-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Pooping on children

Default Re: (KungFuPimp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KungFuPimp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Buy a b16.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont buy a b16
Old 07-28-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: (BADEG6)

hahaha.. yep don't buy a b16.. don't buy anything we tell you to buy.

BUY WHAT YOU WANT! period. now what critics?

If you want...Buy a D series... H series... F series.. or a B series... or buy a 13b or a 20b rotary and try to stick it in there, while your at it try a RB26 & a SR20.. and a touch os a 4AGE.. I don't care. It's your cash! WHO THE HELL ARE WE to tell you what to do??

hahaha.. who gives a ****?
Old 07-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by puffed rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i hear you. your a hater. you have been sippin hater aid.blah blabity bla "this is gay" "you homos" blah n/a b series are the best not a stupid snail on a sohc blah blah oooh look i dropped 200$$$ on dyno tuning . every post you have made in this thread has been an attempt to prop yourself up at the expense of some on else. you suck. i dont care what you drive or what you know. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Then quit responding to me if you don't care. Move on.

Also, the money I put into the dyno was just for the 2-3 hours I was on the rollers. I did all the tunning myself.. Similar fashion to the guy who said he was using uberdata, only uberdata works great for boost.. Not so well with NA due to the extra crap it tacks into the code. Anyways, have a fun life with the D series turbo. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:33 PM

Old 07-29-2004, 03:17 AM

Beautiful!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just found out that the piston rings are fine but the turbo is blown and so is my head
Old 07-29-2004, 06:47 PM

cool beans bro!

well not really.. but atleast the bottom ends still good. keep me posted on your rebuild or swap, if u choose to swap that is!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im not going to keep the same bottom end since sohc's are cheap im just going to swap another one in

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just blew my engine