Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JUN itr motor??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUN itr motor??

hey ppl im buyin a ek soon and want to either drop a jun itr motor with ctr brakes, and tein suspension, i was wondering if i can get ne advice on wat to do to the car, money dont matter,i just dont wanna start cuttin **** outa the engine bay to fit the motor, i dont really kno much bout the ek, i wanna kno wats a good swap to drop into that car. ne advice is betta than none

[Modified by JDMspecDA6, 12:50 AM 3/20/2003]
Old 03-19-2003, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (JDMspecDA6)

. and u dont have to cut anything.

[Modified by eddiecut, 7:08 AM 3/20/2003]
Old 03-19-2003, 11:59 PM

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (eddiecut)

Itr + Ek =
Old 03-20-2003, 01:04 AM

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (RangerDan)

must have money for all taht.... sheesh
Old 03-20-2003, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (romeo619romeo)

must have money to cut up an EK period.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:29 AM
LHC

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (Drunk-N-Munky)

search!
Old 03-20-2003, 02:19 AM

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (spoonedcivicG4)

JDMSpecDA6, no offense, but it sounds like you know nothing. Before you decide to spend huge amounts on a JUN motor and "cutting" your car, I think you need to do lots of research and reading about B series motors and about your specific car. After seeing what is available, you will find it easier and make a wiser decision.. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (00MRSi)

JDMSpecDA6, no offense, but it sounds like you know nothing. Before you decide to spend huge amounts on a JUN motor and "cutting" your car, I think you need to do lots of research and reading about B series motors and about your specific car. After seeing what is available, you will find it easier and make a wiser decision.. Good luck.
I agree here.

Do you even know what a JUN or for that matter a Spoon Sports engine cost? The Spoon ITR engine is $6300, I believe, and that is a near bare long block.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (D16Z6racing)

Depending what stage HP output you want from a Jun crate motor, you could be spending anywhere from $8,000 upwards to $15,000 for a short block.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (00MRSi)

i agree with this guy but i dont care if i offend anyone.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:44 AM

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (hondaatwsu)

its not that i dont kno about b series motor cause i have a 2nd gen integra and a 3rd gen itegra, i just dont kno much about the ek and i am readin up about them its just that i wanted to kno if i had to cut up the engine bay or not to fit the itr motor.......
Old 03-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its not that i dont kno about b series motor cause i have a 2nd gen integra and a 3rd gen itegra, i just dont kno much about the ek and i am readin up about them its just that i wanted to kno if i had to cut up the engine bay or not to fit the itr motor.......
Naw, you don't have to cut anything, it'll bolt in.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should of read more...
Old 03-21-2003, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (volk ce28n)

it's been said before, and i hate to say again, but most of the Spoon, Jun, etc crate engines are really only meant for track use and typically need to be rebuilt after so many HOURS not miles of use. They are purpose built high abuse engines and should be treated as such, they are not an accesory like resivouir covers and such. You'd be better off buying a more real world engine and having a shop assist you in biuldingit to your specs with your goals in mind, or start reading and learn to set it up yourself which will be much more rewarding IMHO than bling factor. 'nuff said. good luck
Old 03-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (RSZero1)

it's been said before, and i hate to say again, but most of the Spoon, Jun, etc crate engines are really only meant for track use and typically need to be rebuilt after so many HOURS not miles of use. They are purpose built high abuse engines and should be treated as such, they are not an accesory like resivouir covers and such. You'd be better off buying a more real world engine and having a shop assist you in biuldingit to your specs with your goals in mind, or start reading and learn to set it up yourself which will be much more rewarding IMHO than bling factor. 'nuff said. good luck
You are mostly right, however Jun offers 3 levels of crate motors, their motors are very streetable. Sure you could have a very compitent shop build you a comparable motor, but since you are the one spending the money you will do what you want. The JUN crate motors are excellent engines, and are very streetable. I'm not sure if they still make B series crate motors though. Out with the old, in with the new ya know...K series.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WOW WOW WOW....you might be able to find JUN crate engine long block for uhhh 6 grand?

Old 03-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (yaya)

WOW WOW WOW....you might be able to find JUN crate engine long block for uhhh 6 grand?
7grand from there website...at one time I almost took out a loan to buy a 200hp B16A crate motor. I spend lots of time reading up and researching the Jun motors.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (WAFFLES)

You are mostly right, however Jun offers 3 levels of crate motors, their motors are very streetable. Sure you could have a very compitent shop build you a comparable motor, but since you are the one spending the money you will do what you want. The JUN crate motors are excellent engines, and are very streetable. I'm not sure if they still make B series crate motors though. Out with the old, in with the new ya know...K series.
Thanks waffles for the additional info, i was unaware they had other stages avail, it just seems that after F&F came out a lot of kids ask about Nismo SR20 DET's (lol) and spoon engines for their Hondas... what is the jun website anyway?

[Modified by RSZero1, 11:34 AM 3/21/2003]
Old 03-21-2003, 10:43 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

hey ppl im buyin a ek soon and want to either drop a jun itr motor with ctr brakes, and tein suspension, i was wondering if i can get ne advice on wat to do to the car, money dont matter,i just dont wanna start cuttin **** outa the engine bay to fit the motor, i dont really kno much bout the ek, i wanna kno wats a good swap to drop into that car. ne advice is betta than none

[Modified by JDMspecDA6, 12:50 AM 3/20/2003]
Sounds like every rice kid that I happen upon who have rich (or they just say so) parents.

You need to first educate yourself before you try and jump into all of this ****. I'm not disrespecting you at all, but it is true.

If you want to trade shots and try and act like you know what you are talking about then you will hate life here on H-T, but if you would just admit that you don't know what's going on then I'm sure you'll find plenty of good help.

The ball is in your court - will you act mature and ask for help for real, or will you spit in our faces and try and act like a bad-***?

i'll say this in closing:

a JUN motor will be very expensive and other than bragging to people that don't **** it will be a dissapppointment.

Try http://www.importbuilders.com - cheaper and mush more powerful.

Old 03-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUN itr motor?? (B18C5-EH2)

The site used to be http://www.junusa.com but after checking, the site has been removed or the name changed, so I'm not sure what its current address is.

Please realise that these aren't your spoon type motors. They are complete b&b motors, with the addition of High compression pistons(forged I think as well as forged rods) with the addition of a Upgraded head package, including valve train and cams from stages 1 through 3. I think some packages came with a p&p head, but I can't confirm that. So IMO, these motors will not disappoint, but are quite pricey.

[Modified by WAFFLES, 1:48 PM 3/21/2003]
Old 03-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

JUN no longer does business in USA.

strictly japan now.

or so i'm told...
Old 03-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Former Moderator

Oh and Spoon doesn't make all "race-only" motors either.

They take new B18C (Type R) motors and tear then down and rebuild them to their specs and use all-Honda parts except for the thinner head gasket and not much more.

Exect for them to lay down the same as any other JDM ITR motor would.

Only advantage I can se is that they might possibly last longer, but really that'd be hard to prove.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh and Spoon doesn't make all "race-only" motors either.

They take new B18C (Type R) motors and tear then down and rebuild them to their specs and use all-Honda parts except for the thinner head gasket and not much more.

Exect for them to lay down the same as any other JDM ITR motor would.

Only advantage I can se is that they might possibly last longer, but really that'd be hard to prove.
That wasn't my point Tom, so don't be a smart ***. My point, was that Spoon rebuilds a STOCK motor, where as JUN uses REAL RACING PARTS, such as cams and high compression pistons. Sorry if I misread what you were saying, but you seem to have a mocking attitude.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Former Moderator

That wasn't my point Tom, so don't be a smart ***. My point, was that Spoon rebuilds a STOCK motor, where as JUN uses REAL RACING PARTS, such as cams and high compression pistons. Sorry if I misread what you were saying, but you seem to have a mocking attitude.
Easy trigger - I simply hit reply while reading your post - my post wasn't directed at you, so ease off please.

I was merely pointing something out - wasn't a "rebuttal" for you.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay tom was prolly letting ME know that they don't only make race only engines...point taken, it is just the guys i know who do invest money into such engines mostly are track guys who really have a dedicated track car... but it just seems lately that people hear 'spoon engine' or 'jun engine' from the F&F type groups, then want one for bragging/bling rights and NOT for what the engine is really intended/can do beside just sit pretty in the engine bay at a show...and instead of learning about what makes these engines good/bad or even about engines in general, they JUST want the name...

Quick Reply: JUN itr motor??