Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

jrsc on an si

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jrsc on an si

does anyone have a jrsc on there si and if so how does it perform and did you havew to make any engine mods or tuning?
Old 06-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jrsc on an si (badasssi)

I have the jrsc on my Si. It was at 80,000 miles almost so did a compression test, came back good with 180 all the way across. I bought the kit used so I had to get new gaskets and some brackets were missing but if it's new then it should be no problem. It performs exactly the way I want it. I wanted downlow torque and a good power surge up top. I live in a downtown area so no need for high mph trap speeds or waiting for things to spool, just enough to go from off idle to 60 or 70 as quickly as possible. The used jrsc came with the jr map controller so I didn't experience any problems going from vacumn to boost. I'm at the the 6psi but it's showing at 7psi sometimes 8psi. Figure if I get a kami header, there will be less psi due to it being free flowing along wif a high flow cat. No dyno numbers as of yet. I just got it installed two days ago. I live in Phoenix, AZ, temp today outside was a cool 109 degrees. To take care of the excessive heat I purchased the Hondata intake manifold gasket, some water wetter, jr thermostat, spoon radiator cap and thermo switch combo to help out in that area. So far it's been good. Temps have stayed solid. I know I love mines so far and I will love it even more as I go off the deep end this fall (LHT intercooler, gsr cams, up the boost, crower springs, valves, retainers, hondata s200 and a higher redline). Used they are great buy, most of the stuff I bought was used, saved a grip of cash cause paying retail is for suckas. All in all for everything it was around 2 large (jrsc, I,H,E,TP, cam gears, clutch), 400 for install, and probably some more change for a bit of tuning in the coming weeks. Not bad I say.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:56 PM

Default Re: jrsc on an si (funky_cornbread)

I have one on my car 00 si. It's great for torque but not as much high end as turbo. All depends on what you're looking for. I made 190 whp with just the JRSC at 6psi, aem cai intake, jdm itr header, high flow cat, and apexi N1 2.5" exhaust. I'm taking the JRSC off now and going all motor, if you're interested I'm selling it with the intake, gauges and a CRV crank pully that I never got a chance to put on which can make the JRSC go up to 10-12 psi.