Old 05-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jimfab inserts...

anyone using these? Considering purchasing them and want some input. Thanks
Old 05-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jimfab inserts... (boo bees)

I just gave my set to my friend, to install in his turbo Del Sol. They vibrate quite a bit, but made a big difference in stiffness.
I ended up going with HA Sport mounts, which are insane. Super rattles!
Old 05-15-2004, 12:22 AM

they're not inserts, but rather replacement mounts. $100 for the rear & lower 2. i have them, and all i can really say is they're worth every penny. i have 0 wheelhop while launching from 5k w/ azenis, shifts feel great, and it's just really nice and fun to drive a car w/ motor that doesn't move.

also, i have almost no extra vibrations over stock. if you torque them properly and your idle is consistent, you won't mind it whatsoever. i kinda wish i would have got the extra stiff race bushings.

i bought these because hasport is too expensive, and those es inserts suck; but maybe consider filling your stock mounts with window weld - it's cheap and completely effective. the only problem with doing that is you will be w/o a car for 2 days, and that's why i bought the jimfab ones.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jimfab inserts... (jwn7)

alright cool. How hard are they to install?
Old 05-15-2004, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boo bees &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright cool. How hard are they to install?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Super easy to install.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jimfab inserts... (rodrez)

wonderful. going to order tehm tomorrow
Old 05-15-2004, 12:58 AM

the lower two are really easy. if you can't figure that out then you probably can't type.

but the rear one is a little tricky but still an easy job if you have the tools:
18" 1/2" drive breaker bar
1/2" drive ratchet
14mm, 17mm, 19mm 1/2" sockets
18", 12", 6" 1/2" extensions
good 1/2" drive torque wrench
helms manual

get the car up on jackstands, and support the engine w/ a jack and block of wood. first there's a 19mm bolt holding the tranny to the T bracket - very easy to get to from the passenger's side. then, under the car there is 2 19mm bolts holding the T bracket to the tranny. use an extension to get these out.

next use the breaker bar w/ big extension & 17mm socket to get the bolt going through the T bracket & rear mount out. getting to it is the hardest part, the intake manifold is rather in the way; you'll have to take the vaccum hose from the brake booster off, and just be paitent as you get about 1/16th of a turn everytime. crouching on the valve cover helps.

finally, use the big extension and get the 3 14mm bolts holding the mount to the subrame out. this is easy, you should be able to get to all three as they're just straight down with nothing in the way.

now some people say this part (switching the mounts) is really tricky, but it was amazingly easy for me. take the T bracket and turn the front side of it toward the driver's side of the car, until you can slide the rear mount out of it. it will take some wiggling, but be patient. then just slide the jimfab mount in, turn it back, torque everything to spec, put that vaccum hose back, and enjoy the drive - you will.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jimfab inserts... (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the lower two are really easy. if you can't figure that out then you probably can't type.

but the rear one is a little tricky but still an easy job if you have the tools:
18" 1/2" drive breaker bar
1/2" drive ratchet
14mm, 17mm, 19mm 1/2" sockets
18", 12", 6" 1/2" extensions
good 1/2" drive torque wrench
helms manual

get the car up on jackstands, and support the engine w/ a jack and block of wood. first there's a 19mm bolt holding the tranny to the T bracket - very easy to get to from the passenger's side. then, under the car there is 2 19mm bolts holding the T bracket to the tranny. use an extension to get these out.

next use the breaker bar w/ big extension & 17mm socket to get the bolt going through the T bracket & rear mount out. getting to it is the hardest part, the intake manifold is rather in the way; you'll have to take the vaccum hose from the brake booster off, and just be paitent as you get about 1/16th of a turn everytime. crouching on the valve cover helps.

finally, use the big extension and get the 3 14mm bolts holding the mount to the subrame out. this is easy, you should be able to get to all three as they're just straight down with nothing in the way.

now some people say this part (switching the mounts) is really tricky, but it was amazingly easy for me. take the T bracket and turn the front side of it toward the driver's side of the car, until you can slide the rear mount out of it. it will take some wiggling, but be patient. then just slide the jimfab mount in, turn it back, torque everything to spec, put that vaccum hose back, and enjoy the drive - you will. </TD></TR></TABLE>

asdlrep ldfpep pdoc;e (I cant type) haha. JK
thanks