Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Jesus, where to begin?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jesus, where to begin?

Let's see. I have just bought a 1994 Del sol si. Now for some reason it has a d15 bottem end and a d16z6 top end ( mini me swap). Now why this has this swap baffles me seeing as the car came witn a d16 from the factory, but that is beside the fact.

My first problem is the car has a vtec controller, which I beleived to be wired incorrectly. Second problem is the car when on accel, and deccel will jump violently. It was missing the front trans mount, and the front drivers side mount.

It needs a new bottem end seeing as it blows a mass quanity of oil under accel, and vtec won't engage. I am pretty sure this is because of the controller, the speedo, water temp, and gas gage do not work.
I guess I need to find out where I can get these mounts for a good price, and a working del sol cluster.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your question is where can you get mounts and a cluster.

ever heard of ebay? craigslist? junkyards? buying parts online isn't that difficult.

there's a site called google, if you type "junkyards (your city/state) it'll show you results near you possibly with phone numbers.

now if you need assistance on using a phone come back and let us know.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:50 PM

Default Re: (instrument)

Well, after I check out these amazing sites you speak of, I think, while I'm at it, I'm going to go ahead and do you a favor and teach you that having gay sex with you dad is in fact wrong... however you shouldn't let it ruin your day. Do yourself a favor, take a shower, clean yourself up, take your 45 second honda for a drive and rethink your life and what purpose you serve. Then when that is all said and done come back and try to have a more positive response so I don't have to call you out again.

Now, captian dipshit here missed the point. The point was, if there is anyone in this specific forum that has these items for sale. If so send me a pm and we can work something out. /endthread.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Jesus, where to begin? (busted240)

Jesus does not post here. P.S. Don't turn someone elses *** reply with another one. It does no good. Good luck on your car. Look in the marketplace section for your parts.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Jesus, where to begin? (slow_cx)

A little better response. Thanks, I will try there.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what kind of vtec controll is in it? i did a write up on a buddy club one so u can see if its wired up right. but the buddy club one wont do that if wired up wrong... if its the apexi one then it could cause some issues...
Old 02-04-2008, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Jesus, where to begin? (d[sick]sTeena)

The vtec controller is a PIVOT. Would it make sence that the car would be bucking from accel and decel because of fuel managment? I replaced all the engine mounts and it still won't hold a smooth ride from acl and decl... I am lost on this issue.

Brandon.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

never heard of it, id disconnect (cut the wires) the controller and see if that helps or changes anything (you can always re-connect it)... then id check my TB, IACV, and timing...
Old 02-04-2008, 10:43 AM

Well it is throwing a code for the iacv, it has a gsr throttle body on it, and when I disconnect the controller the car has no idle. I am pretty sure its tapped into the map sensor. To be honest I am totally lost as to what the problem is.

Brandon.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by busted240 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well it is throwing a code for the iacv, it has a gsr throttle body on it, and when I disconnect the controller the car has no idle. I am pretty sure its tapped into the map sensor. To be honest I am totally lost as to what the problem is.

Brandon.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
are the 2 hoses and the sensor plugged into it?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:51 AM

in the controller? No, on the backside there is wires, and no hoses. On the iacv? yes there are wires and hoses... Im not quite sure which you were asking about. Hopefully I answered your question.

Brandon.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by busted240 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in the controller? No, on the backside there is wires, and no hoses. On the iacv? yes there are wires and hoses... Im not quite sure which you were asking about. Hopefully I answered your question.

Brandon.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha i was talkin about the iacv, you might have a bum sensor there. is it revvin irradically or accel/decel irradically? i was without my car for a month because my car was accel/decell crazy and ran up a $700 and it turned out to be a $1o grounding wire. SO CHECK GROUNDS!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:57 AM

So your car was acting the same as far as the acel and decel situation? and it turned out it was just the idle air control valve?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:58 AM

Do your self a favor take out the Vtec controller. Honda set the Vtec engauge at a certain RPM for a reason. You should be able to find A d16z6 longblock for less than $1000. pull the junk engine out replace the mounts and start over.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no it was just a couple of grounding wires that were ****, so i had them replaced
Old 02-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds to me like you shouldn't have bought the pos. Have fun fixing someone elses hack job. If you have to buy a new bottom end, I would just swap an entirely new/different motor in there and try to get it wired up to stock specs and forget about that vtec controller.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:39 AM

Do you remember which grounds were the problem? I am going to go take a look at the main ground, the chassis ground, and all the other obvious grounds... but just to be sure I want to make sure I check all the grounds.

I wish I had the money to just up and throw out the old motor and toss in a new one, but i am broke right now, which is why I am trying to sort out this ****.

Brandon.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jesus, where to begin? (96hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds to me like you shouldn't have bought the pos. Have fun fixing someone elses hack job. If you have to buy a new bottom end, I would just swap an entirely new/different motor in there and try to get it wired up to stock specs and forget about that vtec controller. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i completely disagree except for the controller part, that's probably not helping anything. the cost of repairing this issue is far more likely to cost less time/money than doing a whole motor swap, and hey maybe OP can learn a lot from this and help us sometime down the road when we are having similar issues.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 AM

I checked over all the grounds and they all look to be connected and in good shape. I am starting to think its tuning. I unplugged the vtec controller and the car didn't run any different. I just don't have the money to take it to a shop. Grr.