Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDWhat? Hot Rod tech builds a Honda (1994 DX Coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDWhat? Hot Rod tech builds a Honda (1994 DX Coupe)

What's up guys!? Name is Zach Arlen here from PA. Without getting too much into detail about me (since this is a build thread for the car), as the title of the thread implies I am a body tech and fabricator in a local hot rod shop. I work on/build old cars during the day and have recently (within the past year) gotten into the tuner scene in my life outside of work. I bought a DSM last year and recently moved out of my house and in with my lady, so I got rid of the DSM for something cheaper to build and take car of, my 1994 Civic DX.

This car has been around this town for years and has changed hands what I believe is 6-7 times in the past 3 years, so it's time that it gets built right and taken care of. It's got a B18B1 dropped in it with a GSR trans and an LSD. The car was once turboed and running 12s, but a past owner shattered the turbo, ending in the engine being rebuilt, and no longer boosted.

Plans for the car as to boost it again, with a Garrett 50 trim to be exact, and give it all of the supporting mods to run 15-18 pounds of boost on the little LS motor. I'm thinking 325-350 at the wheels and potentially in the 11s on the track. Before I can do all that however, the body and drivetrain need some attention. It needs a head gasket, pilot bearing, and possibly a new clutch and flywheel. Unfortunately the inner wheel wells are rotted as well as the quarters. These will all be cut out and patched the correct way and the car will get repainted Horizon Grey... most likely with purple accents (engine bay, lug nuts, tie bar, LCAs) thrown into the mix.

Those are the basic details on what I am starting with... I tried to make it short and sweet but as the build progresses I will get much more into detail... but here are some pics of how I recieved the car.

Can anyone identify the wheels on the car?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDWhat? Hot Rod tech builds a Honda (1994 DX Coupe)

Here are some pictures of the rust I found after gutting the car to remove all of the ratty interior and terrible wiring for the stereo someone put in it. In order they show the passenger's side inner wheel well, the driver's side, and the floors.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Before and after of the wiring in the dash from the ghetto rigged stereo equipment. They really had everything tied up through the dash!

After is a whole lot better! Just the stock harness is left, even though a radio won't be going back in this car. I have my 2010 ex for that!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Last pics for now.

Ricer headlights have been replaced with factory replacements... minus the Driver's side turn signal.. I must have gotten a bad one of the bunch because it didn't come anywhere close to fitting the car, but was definitely meant for an EG. I have new tail lights on the way as well and they should be here within the next week or so.

Ugly ricer projector headlights!

And for the first time in a long time the front end of the civic looks the way it should. TYC replacement headlights and signals. I'll eventually get password JDM amber corners and fog lights though.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just realized how MASSIVE the pics are. Sorry guys. I will make sure to resize anything I post up from now on.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those look like rota subzeros, many knockoffs of that knockoff on the market. ambitious times on fwd/not built to hell ls.