Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

jdmshit carbon fiber hood fitment?

Old 10-24-2003, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdmshit carbon fiber hood fitment?

i just got my carbon fiber hood in fro JDMSHIT.com and it looks great so i went ahead and bolted it on loosely and come to find out the hood will not latch all teh way... i loosened the hood latch bracket ( metal bracket with 4 screws on this hood) so i could get some play in it and no matter what i can not get the hood to latch, but if i remove all 4 bolts form the rear of the hood and lay the hood flat on the car then it will latch. its almost like the bolts for the hood in the rear are drilled too short.. does any one here that has the same hood have any advice? or can anyone shed some light on this? i have heard great things about these hoods and i am kinda dissapointed.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: jdmshit carbon fiber hood fitment? (nextelbuddy)

Adjust the hood latch, should be 2-3 10mm nuts.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jdmshit carbon fiber hood fitment? (B2FiNiTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B2FiNiTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Adjust the hood latch, should be 2-3 10mm nuts. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-24-2003, 08:08 PM
Trial User

Default Re: jdmshit carbon fiber hood fitment? (Peagreenhatch)

This is the exact same thing that happened to me! No joke, i did everything you said. It's where the latch is, push it so that it is as far forward as possible. Then you gotta like do a "pull forward push" down on the hood. It works every time for me. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B2FiNiTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Adjust the hood latch, should be 2-3 10mm nuts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i already tried that. its 4 10 mm bolts on the latch and i have tried adjusting it from side to side and as far foward as possible and still no close. it is really aggrevating to no have a fine piece of work hood not fit correctly. its almost as if the holes for the rear brackets are drilled too far back. i know if the holes were drilled more foward then the hood would latch. i really dont want to have to use hood pins they are ugly and also people can open my hood from the outside and i dont like that. i am thinking about trying to send it back if i cant get it to fit right. i dotn want to drill any or cut anything because i know they wont take it back if i mess with it.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for morning crew
Old 10-25-2003, 08:17 AM
u0f

read closer
he means the part in front of the hood, not the bolts on the hood. maybe if you raise it a bit
Old 10-25-2003, 09:57 AM

you might also be able to use a dremel and slot the holes in the hinges a little to allow the hood to move forward and back
Old 10-25-2003, 10:37 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: jdmshit carbon fiber hood fitment? (speedinghatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedinghatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is the exact same thing that happened to me! No joke, i did everything you said. It's where the latch is, push it so that it is as far forward as possible. Then you gotta like do a "pull forward push" down on the hood. It works every time for me. Good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what one of my co-workers has to do on his hatchback. I'll post up pictures later of how it looks on a couple of our other cars, but like any car it all depends on how straight your car is, how your fenders are aligned, how you jack the car up each time (on the core support, which can shift the position of it along with the latching mechanism, so lower that a tad), etc. Fortunately with CF hoods (or any hood for that matter), you can do all sorts of tricks to the body to make it fit properly.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jdmshit carbon fiber hood fitment? (Newman)

yea well i just finished getting it to work. i had to bend in the hood latch o the core support as well as loosen the 3 bolts and lower it as well. but now it fits really well. like i said originally the hood looks great just didnt fit the first time but i got it now. the car has never been wrecked in the fron so maybe it was just a fluke thing. but never the less imnot complaining any more. thans for the fast shipping NEWMAN
Old 10-25-2003, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nextelbuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea well i just finished getting it to work. i had to bend in the hood latch o the core support as well as loosen the 3 bolts and lower it as well. but now it fits really well. like i said originally the hood looks great just didnt fit the first time but i got it now. the car has never been wrecked in the fron so maybe it was just a fluke thing. but never the less imnot complaining any more. thans for the fast shipping NEWMAN</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good to hear you got it fixed!! Post some pics up soon!!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am also having the same issues with my jdmshit cf hood.. I will try and get this to work tomorrow when i get off work..

So what do you mean by bending the hood latch to the core support? Please explain that part?
Old 02-21-2004, 12:28 AM

the center pillar that the mechanism attaches to is easily bent so just bulge it towards the radiator a bit (not to much so you break the spot welds) and it should lean the hook closer to your latch on the hood. you can adjust the height of the latch with a few 10mm bolts.

i got a hood and it latches perfectly and the lines are awsome... pretty snug fit... maybe a bit too snug but eh it was cheap. good quality for the money...
Old 02-21-2004, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EvoLusionX)

my friends hood from there doesnt fit good at all. theres a huge gap drivers side.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EF9_SiR)

tell him to try lowering the nubbin on that side
Old 02-21-2004, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EF9_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF9_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friends hood from there doesnt fit good at all. theres a huge gap drivers side.</TD></TR></TABLE>

everything is going to need adjustments as every car has had different bumbs and bruses.

i replaced my passanger side fender the other day cause some one dented the **** out of it. i replaced with a brand new OEM one and the thing was a bitch to get to line up but with some effort you can get most products to line up good
Old 03-02-2004, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

everything is going to need adjustments as every car has had different bumbs and bruses.

i replaced my passanger side fender the other day cause some one dented the **** out of it. i replaced with a brand new OEM one and the thing was a bitch to get to line up but with some effort you can get most products to line up good</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here, damn fenders suck no matter where they come from. EVERYTHING has to be adjusted.