Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

jdmshawns ej1 winter bay makeover

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdmshawns ej1 winter bay makeover

well this is my first build before after pics thread. i started out just pulling my ls just to paint my bay and freshen it up a little under the hood. then of course i get more ideas while its out i redone my brake lines, fuel line, and got a manual steering rack. i was also gonna just put my ol' ls back in but i found a gsr locally for a sweeet price so i snatched it up and slapped a new head gasket on it and new belt and dropped her in. fired up no problem after a valve adjustment it was ready to go. anyways here's some pics from start to present im not thru just yet still doing some interior goodies and some minor touch up's in the bay. enjoy please comment if you have any questions.

HERES WHAT I STARTED WITH

DEGREASED WITH TIRE CLEANER FROM THE LOCAL SPRAY WASH :p

FIRST LAYERS

I WAS CHEESIN PRETTY GOOD ON THAT DRIVE HOME

ONE OF THE FLYWHEEL BOLTS WAS SEIZED UP SO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT HAHAHA

GOT IT OUT THO!! LOL

WHAT A MESS

OL RELIABLE

STEERING RACK BOLT SNAPPED OFF ON ME LUCKILY MOTOR WAS STILL OUT

LAST LOOK AT FUEL LINE

GOT-R IN

BUBBLY VALVE COVER

HELLO FOUR LOKO I WAS NOT IN THE RIGHT STATE OF MIND AT THE TIME

HERES IS SOME NICE TE37'S I PICKED UP FROM A BUDDY OF MINE

WELL THATS JUST A QUICK PHOTO ALBUM OF MY 2 WEEK BAY MAKEOVER. I STILL WANT TO DO A FEW THINGS I KNOW I NEED TO FIX THE DEATH HOLES FROM THE CONTROL ARMS. THIS WHOLE PROJECT WAS DONE BY MYSELF WITH NO HELP I MADE MY OWN BRAKE LINES AND FUEL LINES NOT ANYONE ELSES HANDY WORK. THIS IS A CAR I FEEL PROUD OF BECAUSE ITS SOMETHING I HAVE DONE OVER 2 YEARS AND HAVE DONE BY MYSELF. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO GET OUT THERE AND JUST FIGURED IT OUT AND DO IT YOURSELF. MAKE YOUR OWN BRAIDED LINES TUCK YOUR OWN HARNESS PAINT YOUR OWN CAR AND BAY. ITS WORTH IT IN THE END!!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Trial User

Default Re: jdmshawns ej1 winter bay makeover

That looks sweet! I'm new to the Honda world, I just bought a 93 eg 4 door I'm gonna use for a daily and I wanna do the engine bay and stuff like yours before I start cruising it.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice makeover. keep up the good work!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1lo94
That looks sweet! I'm new to the Honda world, I just bought a 93 eg 4 door I'm gonna use for a daily and I wanna do the engine bay and stuff like yours before I start cruising it.
Lol....it's nice to look at but do alot of research on shaved and tucked engine bays...there's a discussion on here that's about 1000 pages long on theory and discussion.

It looks simple especially since he posted this all up at once but it can take ALOT of work and ALOT of time depending on your expertise...OP obviously has a good but of both.

OP...looks damn good. What was the name of the product you used for cleaning the bay? Recommend it or would you have picked something better the second time around?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TwoFaced
Lol....it's nice to look at but do alot of research on shaved and tucked engine bays...there's a discussion on here that's about 1000 pages long on theory and discussion.

It looks simple especially since he posted this all up at once but it can take ALOT of work and ALOT of time depending on your expertise...OP obviously has a good but of both.

OP...looks damn good. What was the name of the product you used for cleaning the bay? Recommend it or would you have picked something better the second time around?
thanks everyone the cleaning stuff i used you can get at your local srapy car wash. the ones where you put a dollar in and spray it off.... just take you a yard weed killer sprayer up there adn turn it to the green tire cleaner and fill your sprayer up and you can get 2 gallons of cleaner for like 2 bucks and it lasts a long time
Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet EJ1, hope mines as nice as that one day!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Always_BROKE
Sweet EJ1, hope mines as nice as that one day!
just save your money and stay focused on what you want to do it doent happen overnight unfortunately good luck to you. this car will be at the import alliance meet in april over in atlanta
Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

got my itr seats in finally.. had to clean the mess out fo them too scotch guard and a pressure washer and a shop vac. at 1 am did the trick and a week of drying also

cd player has been replaced with a oem prelude amber light up and i need new floor mats anyone have some nice ones?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmshawn95
thanks everyone the cleaning stuff i used you can get at your local srapy car wash. the ones where you put a dollar in and spray it off.... just take you a yard weed killer sprayer up there adn turn it to the green tire cleaner and fill your sprayer up and you can get 2 gallons of cleaner for like 2 bucks and it lasts a long time
rofls.

Crafty my friend, very crafty.