Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM is it worth it?? Ricer if painted interior??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM is it worth it?? Ricer if painted interior??

Just wondering about this whole thing here. Got in some arguements about both topics in the title. here it is

JDM is it worth it?? Most of u guyz that pour your money out and keep your car JDM stock looking. Beautiful IMO, but.. THEIVES they love it. I mean i've been following these topics and hearing own personal stories about ppl with tons of jdm stuff getting got all the time. Just curious would insurance cover this?

And the big arguement. ... .. .Paint your interior and your a ricer .. Why?? I like how white dashes look. I love a CLEAN custom interior with very tight color schemes. No 12 colors and ish like that. Just a nice reapolstered interior and some clean painted dash pieces. I like the stock look yet love a nice interior in suppose white and grey. Silver outside of car. EG Hatch of course. just my opinion but I'd like to hear u guys and gals responses. - yes and i am painting my interior a clean look. we'll c.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just forget about what everyone else thinks and do what YOU want to do..
Old 06-18-2003, 10:18 PM

Default Re: JDM is it worth it?? Ricer if painted interior?? (bobbysteelz_92VX)

Well, I painted my interior black and I feel like a ricer.

d15dude's definition of a ricer: If your upgrade is really a downgrade from stock.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:20 PM

I already have done what i wanna do, i'm just curious it seems like many ppl get crazy over some silly *** ****. Yeah my car will be what I want mos definatly.

Old 06-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM is it worth it?? Ricer if painted interior?? (d15dude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d15dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, I painted my interior black and I feel like a ricer.

d15dude's definition of a ricer: If your upgrade is really a downgrade from stock. </TD></TR></TABLE> Basically.....But if you like it go for it....I will still make fun of your car but if your cool it doesn't matter. As long as you know what your talking about it's cool.....If you're like "Ma 100 sHoT on mY D15 kEEps me beating the Porsches, yO"...then I will slap you and walk away.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:22 PM

Default Re: (bobbysteelz_92VX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bobbysteelz_92VX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I already have done what i wanna do, i'm just curious it seems like many ppl get crazy over some silly *** ****. Yeah my car will be what I want mos definatly.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then why do you care about what other people think?
Old 06-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Re: (jcarothers)

With my insurance, you just pay a little extra for aftermarket parts coverage. I think painting is ricer. Just have it recovered. As long as the color scheme is okay, then its fine.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:04 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: (SuperStreetRX7)

i think it's ok to paint your interior just as long as it's not some bright *** color. my rule of thumb for painted interior is if you look at the car itself and the interior stands out more then the paint job then your interior is too bright. or if you can see the interior from a distance thru tinted windows.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It all comes down to do what you want.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:13 PM

See all this **** this guy is writing?

It's just as important as the argument or point you are trying to make.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like seeing painted interiors as long as it is done not too wildly.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:24 PM

Default Re: JDM is it worth it?? Ricer if painted interior?? (Mr. ThunderLips)

I think customizing your ride is great. Do what you want to do but just think ahead and make sure you are making the right decision.

I know plenty of guys that have thrown major dollars down the toilet once they figured out their customizing eventually made the ride into doo-doo.

I love my black interior...its totally stock and I think its great. Two project cars ago I had painted just about everything white on a white eg and thought I liked it but now I dont even have an aftermarket shifter.

If it aint gonna help my car handle better or go faster I cant afford it right now, thats how I look at it.

The best thing is your own thing...just stay away from them glow kits and pedals lol.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I want to add that when you customize your car, think about how each appearance modification will make the car look overall, I've notcied ricers do nothing but put on a bunch of pieces they think look nice, only to realize together they all look like ****.. ehh.. my $.02

also, I've always wanted a silver painted interior(on a silver car of course) with dark grey leather.. so I won't call you ricey..
Old 06-19-2003, 02:41 AM

painted interior ricer? Dark colors no it isn't. More than two colors or light colors. Yes it is.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jcarothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just forget about what everyone else thinks and do what YOU want to do..</TD></TR></TABLE>
amen
Old 06-19-2003, 03:03 AM

Default Re: (PuRpleHatchy03)

just do suttle things.

i used to have all the vents painted yellow,i actaully had alot of people tell me how cool it looked,but it got old and made me feel funny sometimes.i didnt want a completely stock interior so i did everything back to black,just painted the little flappers in the a/c vents,since this picture i have painted the gauge cluster black again and added the carbon fiber overlay.I covered the armrests in vynal,used a cf dash overlay,custom speaker pods,i tried to keep low key but different at the same time.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had a white interior a couple of uears ago in my ricer days, I'm telling you, you will think it's all good for the first couple of months but, I hope you your girlfriend or your friends don't smoke cause your interior will be **** yellow and you will end up painting/changing/re-upholstering your interior for a more stock looking one after a while because you will get sick of it TRUST ME, if your interior is stock now you will be banging your head after a year or so, all you have to do is ask yourself, am I STILL going to like this in a couple of years, and how will it look in a couple of years, my interior/exterior is all black with some carbon fibre pieces inside here and there GSR seats momo wheel and I swear it's never looked hornier...
Old 06-19-2003, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16EG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B2FiNiTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It all comes down to do what you want.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i totally agree!!!

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this...

Nothing is rice. Anything that someone put on there car, they probably put there because they like it and think it's cool. Everyone has there own opinion and style. To some people JDM is "rice" because they don't like it. So it's all in how you look at it.
PauL
Old 06-19-2003, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TinyCRX)

i will try to get pics of my friends 93 civic coupe, he painted his whole dash front side panels, roof is done in tweed, door panels are done in tweed, took out back seat, took out rear section with speakers and laid tweed down over it....i give the guy credit it looks real good
Old 06-19-2003, 07:06 AM
opi
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jcarothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just forget about what everyone else thinks and do what YOU want to do..</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly "JDM" or whatever style, if it makes you happy than more power to you
Old 06-19-2003, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

....If u paint your panels ..chances u will get bored or unsatisfied with it...
Old 06-20-2003, 02:16 PM

Default Re: (civictypenos)

Hey civictypenos. Yo how u paint your flappers on your vents. By hand cuz their pretty tough. I already got mine a whole color, but I did wanna do them a diff color. Stock interior looks very Clean. I always liked stock. I always likd painted 2.

Get drunk and do what u like.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Trial User

Come on guys! We're talking about interiors, doesnt affect performance in anyway, If you think it looks good, then do it.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bobbysteelz_92VX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey civictypenos. Yo how u paint your flappers on your vents. By hand cuz their pretty tough. I already got mine a whole color, but I did wanna do them a diff color. Stock interior looks very Clean. I always liked stock. I always likd painted 2.

Get drunk and do what u like.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup.i tokk them all apart,then did just the flappers in silver and repainted the vents black.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (civictypenos)

Do what you want.

But it's almost guaranteed.. you will feel funny about it down the road.

Quick Reply: JDM is it worth it?? Ricer if painted interior??