Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM Sidemarkers: To Blink w/ Fr./Rr./or all @ Once?

Old 01-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Sidemarkers: To Blink w/ Fr./Rr./or all @ Once?

Just as question states.

I picked my EM1 up from the body shop a while back and noticed that the sidemarkers only blink with fr&rr as a whole, only with my headlights off. Once I have either my parking lights or my headlights on, they blink with the rear, which looks dumb as ****. Can anyone help me to fix this small problem.

The part thats even dumber is I already had JDM fenderson the car when I brought it to the Shop, which means all he had to do was take one fender off and put it back on the SAME EXACT WAY IT CAME OFF!! What a Puts!

TIA
Old 01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: JDM Sidemarkers: To Blink w/ Fr./Rr./or all @ Once? (Sp00nFed EM1)

Sidemarkers only blink with turn signals
Old 01-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Correct, now aren't they supposed to blink in conjunction w/ the front and rear blinkers @ the same time)? The real problem is it only does it when my lights are on, they blink the right way when the lights are off,why?

How did this ******* @ the body shop wire these things?
Old 01-21-2007, 06:02 AM
NASIOC.com

Default Re: (Sp00nFed EM1)

i know that some ppl just tap in to the front turn signal wires
Old 01-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Otherguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Otherguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know that some ppl just tap in to the front turn signal wires</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's the problem, the front corner markers on USDM cars are lit when the lights are on and blink when the signal is on. On the JDM cars the front corners are only on when the turn signal is on along with the side markers.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sp00nFed EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Correct, now aren't they supposed to blink in conjunction w/ the front and rear blinkers @ the same time)? The real problem is it only does it when my lights are on, they blink the right way when the lights are off,why?

How did this ******* @ the body shop wire these things?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've seen people wire it up both ways, it depends on what you use for a ground.

Either they can blink in conjunction with the turn signals, or while the turn signals are off, the sidemarkers are on, and vice versa (alternation). I think it looks better when it's together.

The reason it's doing what yours are is b/c somebody fucked up the wiring job and tapped the wrong wire.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's the problem, the front corner markers on USDM cars are lit when the lights are on and blink when the signal is on. On the JDM cars the front corners are only on when the turn signal is on along with the side markers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

can anyone else attest to this and tell me how to wire them up like this. I think it would look hot with my HID's like that...

anyone have pics of it??? please post, TIA
Old 01-23-2007, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

two ways i know is... either sidemarker on: blink in conjuction when lights are on and blink all together when light it off.

then there's side marker off then blink with signals.

If your car is doing one or the other and u want it to do the other then, just take off the grond for the sidemarker and tap it into the other turn wire. Theres three wires to the turn single. one is for the turns then one is for parking light and one is ground. the sidemarker is only using two wires.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the sidemarkers should be tapped for power into the green wire on the corner light and black to ground, they will only blink with the turn signals
Old 01-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you have them cross wired! i have mine set up where the positive of the side marker is spliced into the negative of the corner and the negative of the sidemarker to the positive the turn signal. this way the sides are on along with the day lights and alternate when the blinker is on.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (bpkmrtoes)

I have mine setup so that the parking lights are always off and just blink as turn signals.

How to wire them this way?

There are three wires coming from your corner light:
Red = constant, (parking lights)
Green = blinkers
Black = ground

To have them only blink and not light up when you turn your lights on. Cut the red wire and hook the green and black wires up to your side marker wires.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gabebauman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have mine setup so that the parking lights are always off and just blink as turn signals.

How to wire them this way?

There are three wires coming from your corner light:
Red = constant, (parking lights)
Green = blinkers
Black = ground

To have them only blink and not light up when you turn your lights on. Cut the red wire and hook the green and black wires up to your side marker wires.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct, that's the way they are in japan
here's some pics i took a while back
they are jdm headlights and corners and jdm fogs, all stock bulbs, wired the way they're supposed to be

fogs only, wired in the E fuse spot

1st click (city lights)

headlights and fogs, low beam (second click)

headlights and fogs, high beam

as you can see, the corners aren't on, they only blink
Old 01-31-2007, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2coupes)

Wiring diagram to do it like this? Thanks
Old 01-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Darth ModerVader

You just connect the sidemarkers to the front turn signal wires, and disconnect the wires for the front corner parking lamps. However, unless you have JDM headlights with city lights connected, I would leave the corner lights as-is.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

from what I remember, JDM SiR's still have corners, they just dont have the sidemarkers lit with the corners, they just blink...
Old 02-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sp00nFed EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">from what I remember, JDM SiR's still have corners, they just dont have the sidemarkers lit with the corners, they just blink...</TD></TR></TABLE>

the corners and sidemarkers only blink
Old 02-04-2007, 03:53 AM

so your corner arent turned on when you turn on your head lights?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Re: (Sexy3g6)

Why does everyone think this is so complicated.

Amber lights are either markers, blinkers, or both.

The side ones are both. They should come on when the headlights or parking lights come on and then they should also blink when ever the blinkers are on.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (F20Cteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by F20Cteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why does everyone think this is so complicated.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because people like you post the wrong info!!

For crying out loud people, 2coupes posted the correct info I don't know how many times but you people can't or won't pay attention!

For the last time...

The side markers in the fenders only blink when the turn signal is on. That is all! Not when the lights are on, not when the parking lights are on.

The front corner markers (next to the headlamps) only come on when the turn signal is on. Not when the lights are on, not when the parking lights are on.

When you turn on the parking lights. The city lights are the only lights in the front that come on. When you turn on the headlamps, the headlamps are the only lights that come on.

End of story. If you want the lights wired up correctly like the JDM sidemarkers, city lights, and corners are supposed to then this is the correct way. If you wire it up different then that's your business but don't go spreading the wrong info that it's the correct way.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (F20Cteg)

Maybe in US but not in Japan...
Old 02-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sp00nFed EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe in US but not in Japan...</TD></TR></TABLE>

What nsxmatt described is exactly how the lights are set up in Japan.

In the US, there are no side markers or city lights, and the corner lamps function as both turn signals and parking lights.

I really don't understand why there seems to be so much mystery and confusion here.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
For crying out loud people, 2coupes posted the correct info I don't know how many times but you people can't or won't pay attention!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess you are right. The side markers I used had three connections. They were markers and blinkers.

I checked out some others and they only have two connections meaning they are one or the other. Weird.

So EG and DC used them as blinkers and not markers?

Old 02-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive yet to see a jdm civic or any oem jdm light setup with out the "corners" on with rest of lighting. I know the city is so bright in japan that when you drive downtown you need to only have your city lights (192=4 bulbs inside of headlamps) but havent seen it how you explained.

Im not saying your wrong, just sayin i havent seen it like that yet, please do post a pic if u can.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sp00nFed EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive yet to see a jdm civic or any oem jdm light setup with out the "corners" on with rest of lighting.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's mostly because the majority of people who install these parts wire them up in an way other than how they would function on an actual JDM car. If you saw an actual JDM Civic, the corner lamps would only function as turn signals and hazard lights.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Sidemarkers: To Blink w/ Fr./Rr./or all @ Once? (Sp00nFed EM1)

japanese sidemarkers on eg/dc only come on when you have your turn signals(left or right)/hazards on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JDM Sidemarkers: To Blink w/ Fr./Rr./or all @ Once?