Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM motors getting it BAR....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM motors getting it BAR....

Wondering what did you guys had to do with your JDM motor to get it BAR?????? Any tips or procedures you had done to get it BAR??? Also what would be a best place to buy a USDM motor that is legit and clean????? Also whats the point of gettin it BAR if lets say that your motor is BAR already and you get pull over even tho its BAR already the cop still want to be an *** and send you to the state ref.... Whats the point of that?????? Thanks.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:59 PM

Default Re: JDM motors getting it BAR.... (IgniteTeg)

im in process of BARing my EG jdm b18c... all i need is evap purge selenoids and USDM ECU... i think thats about it...
Old 03-17-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Re: JDM motors getting it BAR.... (wizzards581)

i think for a jdm motor EVERYTHING that has to do with smog and emissions has to be usdm. ecu also. same year as car or newer. for usdm motors, i got mine from a wrecked usdm gsr. imo thats the best way to do it. i've had my hood popped a couple times and when i show them my bar sticker they leave me alone. didnt get a ticket both times. get the sticker. makes a big difference with cops.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes you will need all the smog equipment from the same obd car. some Bar are strict and will sometimes require you to switch over to the same obd as your motor
Old 03-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM motors getting it BAR.... (wizzards581)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wizzards581 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im in process of BARing my EG jdm b18c... all i need is evap purge selenoids and USDM ECU... i think thats about it...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, let me know how it went for you... Btw, what JDM parts did you replaced over to USDM parts??????

Okay so basically, you would need to convert to USDM harness, USDM im, USDM em, USDM ecu, all all sensors intact rite????? The JDM stock air box fine?????? Am I missing anything else here???? Lets say that you buy aftermarket parts instead of replacing it for stock USDM parts.. Like lets say you buy a Skunk2 IM, DC 4-1, AEM Intake...... Will all of these mods pass or qualify to pass the emission test????? Btw, with a complete JDM swap are all sensors there also??? So basically if all sensors are there then you just need to swap out the parts I listed correct???? Thanks for all help.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=551049

Old 03-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM motors getting it BAR.... (=GAMEOVA=)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by =GAMEOVA= &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=551049

</TD></TR></TABLE>

FAQ owns all
Old 03-17-2004, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey IgniteTeg, FA Q
Old 03-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM motors getting it BAR.... (B CRUZ)

Hmmm, thanks I already did try to search before asking but nothing came up with BAR.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all smog equipment for that year motor and a USDM exhaust manifold... I'm not too sure if the mani is 100% needed, but seems like it is.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Re: (jcarothers)

i heard intake manifold and stock headers will pass??

all im doing is add the evap purge selonoid... jdm ecu...

mine is having no codes at the moment...

there is a difference in jdm IM? though the jdm gsr header looks pretty basic... will they know?
Old 03-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im looking to do it too, wit my new b16 sir II longblock i just threw in this saturday. from what ive read, u cant use a jdm ecu

and shoot, i didnt kno usdm b16 ecu was so hard to find, sell or rent me one someone!!
Old 03-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wizzards581)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wizzards581 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i heard intake manifold and stock headers will pass??

all im doing is add the evap purge selonoid... jdm ecu...

mine is having no codes at the moment...

there is a difference in jdm IM? though the jdm gsr header looks pretty basic... will they know?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The jdm ecu definitely has to go... With the jdm im and em they do know the difference even tho it looks so similar to usdm but they have pictures that will identify the difference... So its better to change it out also.. Better than having to reschedule for another appointment if they catch your jdm parts. I thought the refs wouldn't know the difference but when I question them thats what they told me they have pictures for everything!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IgniteTeg)

all long as you have all the usdm components and the motor is same year or newer than your car, you should be okay. youre going to need a usdm ecu(p72-a05????). take your car to a ghetto smog place and see if you can pass the sniffer, BTW here is the link of what i did to get my bar sticker.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=771935

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=770101
Old 03-26-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: (stockegsix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stockegsix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all long as you have all the usdm components and the motor is same year or newer than your car, you should be okay. youre going to need a usdm ecu(p72-a05????). take your car to a ghetto smog place and see if you can pass the sniffer, BTW here is the link of what i did to get my bar sticker.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=771935

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=770101</TD></TR></TABLE>

oops... i mean usdm GSR ecu. though 2 of my bois have usdm b18c1's...
i thought we are talkin about jdm GSR right??? im sure everything is about the same.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IgniteTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The jdm ecu definitely has to go... With the jdm im and em they do know the difference even tho it looks so similar to usdm but they have pictures that will identify the difference... So its better to change it out also.. Better than having to reschedule for another appointment if they catch your jdm parts. I thought the refs wouldn't know the difference but when I question them thats what they told me they have pictures for everything!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

JDM INTAKE MANIFOLD AND USDM INTAKE MANIFOLD ARE EXACTLY THE SAME..

on the jdm gsr...

it looks different cause the jdm dosent have the evap purge solinoid on it like the usdm has...

so just ADD IT ON!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:53 PM

Default Re: (degooser)

here are some pics..sorry but that evap purge is just for show and what it looks like...the intake manifold pictured is of a JDM GSR INTAKE MANIFOLD and how there is a spot for the USDM smog device which is the evap purge soleinoid.....

its not hooked up right but im going to get pics of it hooked up right in a few days...

Old 03-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by degooser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

JDM INTAKE MANIFOLD AND USDM INTAKE MANIFOLD ARE EXACTLY THE SAME..

on the jdm gsr...

it looks different cause the jdm dosent have the evap purge solinoid on it like the usdm has...

so just ADD IT ON!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 03-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

so degooser so if you just slap evap purge soleinoid on your jdm im. They won't know the difference??? Okay now how about the jdm em vs the usdm em??? It looks exactly like stock and the same to me... Btw, is a H22 a legal bar swap in Cali??? It would go into a eg civic chassi
Old 03-31-2004, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes, sorry to be an ******* but most of the questions you asked have been answered in other threads. ANY MOTOR OUT OF A CAR THE SAME YEAR AS YOUR VEHiCAL OR NEWER. notice i say car that means any honda passenger car. which is why a b20b/z swap is illegal, its out of truck/suv
Old 03-31-2004, 05:05 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IgniteTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so degooser so if you just slap evap purge soleinoid on your jdm im. They won't know the difference??? Okay now how about the jdm em vs the usdm em??? It looks exactly like stock and the same to me... Btw, is a H22 a legal bar swap in Cali??? It would go into a eg civic chassi </TD></TR></TABLE>

YES...the wont know the difference because there shouldnt be one... the pictures i posted are of a 94-95 JDM intake mani...and if you compare it to the USDM 94-95 it is exactly the same...
Old 03-31-2004, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by degooser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

YES...the wont know the difference because there shouldnt be one... the pictures i posted are of a 94-95 JDM intake mani...and if you compare it to the USDM 94-95 it is exactly the same...</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly is right. I just added my evap purge on last night. Thanks Degooser!
Old 04-04-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Re: (b cruz)

haha.. i need evap purge...

how much does it run for at junk?? hap? etc...
wheres the extra vacuum hose run to? charcol canister?
Old 04-04-2004, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wizzards581)

use the one from your sohc motor.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how does the evap purge look like anyways? i need one too, thanks

Quick Reply: JDM motors getting it BAR....